anyone here used wind in the past month or so? How is their signal strength? i am looking to switch to them thanks!
    01-23-12 09:57 AM
    it depends on where you are
    can you please tell us a little more about your service area?
    where i am in the Niagara Region WIND is no existent, with one core service area
    01-23-12 10:10 AM
    One of the guys I work with signed up with Wind because of the price, but we cannot reach him in a building at all. It's almost a running joke here because we can tell who is with wind, and we wont even try to call. Near my house, some people protested in front of a Wind mobile store saying they don't give what they say they do, because of bad signal strength. That was last month in Oshawa, Ontario.
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    01-23-12 10:11 AM
    it depends on where you are
    can you please tell us a little more about your service area?
    where i am in the Niagara Region WIND is no existent, with one core service area
    right now i am in edmonton (around university of alberta), but in 3 month i be back to waterloo for 8 month(around Universtiy of waterloo)
    01-23-12 10:38 AM
    I am on Edmonton's north end and just switched over to WIND. I was a free agent, so to speak, and figured I would give them a shot for a month or two and if I was having troubles then I could go to Telus, Rogers or back to Bell. I heard negative things about the reception, but it has been at least as good as what I had with Bell.
    I spend most of my time between the north end and Sherwood Park, though, so I am not sure how it is in the rest of the city.
    01-23-12 02:30 PM
    the issue with WIND (and I am a WIND customer) is that their AWS (1700 & 2100 mhz) bands are high frequency and do not penetrate a building too well. It would be nice for them to enable UWA on all of their devices to allow WIFI use for their calling and messaging services when inside a building with WIFI coverage.
    Regardless, it is expected that signal won't be AS good, however I am currently sitting in the UofA and I get more bars then a friend with the same phone on Bell. Its really dependent on your device, and your location - but in general they do as well as can be expected due to limitations, and being so new.
    02-13-12 01:02 PM
    the issue with WIND (and I am a WIND customer) is that their AWS (1700 & 2100 mhz) bands are high frequency and do not penetrate a building too well. It would be nice for them to enable UWA on all of their devices to allow WIFI use for their calling and messaging services when inside a building with WIFI coverage.
    Regardless, it is expected that signal won't be AS good, however I am currently sitting in the UofA and I get more bars then a friend with the same phone on Bell. Its really dependent on your device, and your location - but in general they do as well as can be expected due to limitations, and being so new.
    i got on wind over a week ago, turns out the signal is full bars at the chem building, because i guess its quite close to SUB, where there is a tower
    02-13-12 03:34 PM
    Well so far, so good with WIND. Just some areas are not a home zone, other than that, it's all gravy.
    02-13-12 09:04 PM
    A guy I know worked at the Wind call centre and he said that he very quickly got used to telling upset customers "Wind cannot guarantee reception quality when inside buildings or when outside and near large buildings or structures."
    02-14-12 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD