Not much of an announcement, I assume a press release of some description will follow. Will post if I see it:

WIND Mobile Canada Confirms BlackBerry Classic-img_20141216_161652.jpg
    12-16-14 05:46 PM
    HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 using the CrackBerry 10 application
    12-16-14 09:01 PM
    I'm actually pretty surprised, after Wind dropped all the bb10 phones from their website... my faith in wind has now been restored

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 01:27 PM
    So they don't carry the Passport because it's a business phone and not their target audience but they are carrying the Classic because it's not a business phone?

I really need Wind logic explained to me.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-14 03:22 AM
    So they don't carry the Passport because it's a business phone and not their target audience but they are carrying the Classic because it's not a business phone?

I really need Wind logic explained to me.

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya! I've been scratching my head ever since I read that.
    12-19-14 11:34 AM
    I think I'm going to wind-tab a classic and sell it and buy a Passport if the numbers are right

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 11:17 PM
    It's about time they put at least one BlackBerry in the lineup. Hopefully they will train some of they retail staff to be be able to use it, lol!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by outside_the_box; 12-22-14 at 11:26 PM.
    12-21-14 10:33 AM
    My contract with Bell is up. Does anyone here have a contract with Wind on a BB10 device? How is their service. I noticed I can save money each month if I switch over to Wind and might want to get the Classic. I live in Brampton, ON. and just want to know if anyone has anything to say about Wind's reception/ customer service.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 05:25 AM
    My contract with Bell is up. Does anyone here have a contract with Wind on a BB10 device? How is their service. I noticed I can save money each month if I switch over to Wind and might want to get the Classic. I live in Brampton, ON. and just want to know if anyone has anything to say about Wind's reception/ customer service.

Posted via CB10
    Great! Wind's prices are unbeatable! I would like to caution you however, they're notorious for having poor coverage and reception in certain areas... you might want to check if you can get reception with them in your house before you switch, or you may be having to go outside to conduct all of your phone calls! lol luckily for me, their service works great in most areas, with the exception of being underground and certain areas here in Edmonton... Freedom with Wind!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:27 AM
    I shouldn't be surprised but after a very brief Tweet and some mumblings in an interview or two, WIND has yet to officially announce their launch of the BlackBerry Classic. There's no information on their site, no pre-orders, no indication of date or pricing, and no press releases on their official newswire service. This is stacking up to be the same as the non-launch launches that they did for the Z10 and Q10. It's starting to look more and more like they feel they have to carry it rather than want to and marketing is amounting to nothing.
    12-29-14 12:46 PM
    Basically at this point I'm just hoping I can pick one up before the 14th, as I will be out of the country 'til the end of the month after that, and would love a new phone for the trip. My Q5 seems to be on its last legs.

There's been no indication of a date whatsoever (other than "next month", which means some time in January, and I guess COULD mean the 31st even), for some reason I'm feeling closer to the 17th or so.

Might end up being after the 15th, as that's billing day and people might have their WindTabs roll over to 0 and will be looking for a new phone.
    12-30-14 05:18 PM
    Why not order it through Shop BlackBerry? At least you'll have it in time and you'll pay no more than you should.
    12-30-14 06:22 PM
    Basically at this point I'm just hoping I can pick one up before the 14th, as I will be out of the country 'til the end of the month after that, and would love a new phone for the trip. My Q5 seems to be on its last legs.There's been no indication of a date whatsoever (other than "next month", which means some time in January, and I guess COULD mean the 31st even), for some reason I'm feeling closer to the 17th or so.Might end up being after the 15th, as that's billing day and people might have their WindTabs roll over to 0 and will be looking for a new phone.
    Depending on what you mean by "last legs", is it out of storage, or performing poorly OR is the battery wearing out? There are a few things to try and resolve all but the battery (which needs to be replaced in that case).Kill the android runtime (solves poor performance), you'll need to use Awesome Launcher (grab it from BlackBerry World). Once you have that, launch it, reload the apps listing, then scroll down to Dev Tools, select it, then Bad Behavior, then Crash System Server.Out of storage? If you have a memory card, consider moving ALL created media (voice recordings, photos, videos, downloads) to it instead, including deleting the whatsapp folder in device memory. If you are still out, you'll need to wipe and reload using BlackBerry Link. Connecting the Q5 without the battery can help for the first phase, or just reboot it after you launch Link and then reboot the Q5. Always make a backup BEFORE doing so.PS. I haven't needed to buy a new BlackBerry since my Q10. Bold 9900 I still use is in top shape still.
    12-30-14 06:52 PM
    Depending on what you mean by "last legs", is it out of storage, or performing poorly OR is the battery wearing out?
    When I say "last legs" I mean: I accidentally dropped it in a bot of boiling pasta water and it's doing surprisingly well, all things considered. The battery is randomly inconsistent now (some days I'll get from wake-up time to bed time with 20% left, some days I'll be down to 30% in a few hours, and it doesn't seem to be specific to any app.

The screen also looks like it has ripples, and on the left and right side there's some pixels that are stuck at 100% brightness, only really noticeable on pure-white screens.

Also I can connect it to USB for charging, but no computer can detect the phone, so I can't back anything up or use Sachesi to update the OS to a more recent 10.3.1.

Also the red is really starting to chip around the edges, which is weird, since I nearly always keep it holstered, and don't drop it very often.
    12-31-14 02:31 PM
    When I say "last legs" I mean: I accidentally dropped it in a bot of boiling pasta water and it's doing surprisingly well, all things considered. The battery is randomly inconsistent now (some days I'll get from wake-up time to bed time with 20% left, some days I'll be down to 30% in a few hours, and it doesn't seem to be specific to any app.

The screen also looks like it has ripples, and on the left and right side there's some pixels that are stuck at 100% brightness, only really noticeable on pure-white screens.

Also I can connect it to USB for charging, but no computer can detect the phone, so I can't back anything up or use Sachesi to update the OS to a more recent 10.3.1.

Also the red is really starting to chip around the edges, which is weird, since I nearly always keep it holstered, and don't drop it very often.
    I see. Definitely water damage for sure. I'm curious if you tried connecting it without the battery to see if it would be detected. (never hurts right?), since more than likely something was either fried or shorted. If all else fails, a spare Q5 or Q10 (can get 'em used easily, just test your sim in it without connected to wifi to verify that data in fact works) would help.

I hate it when I drop mine, never got it dunked, but if I did, I would've taken out the battery for a few days to a week and thrown the sim and SD card into a spare until it was dried out in sillica gel.

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 using the CrackBerry 10 application
    01-02-15 11:26 PM
    Q5 is actually one of my favorite devices. Not because the battery sucks or because it is a bit slower than my Z10 but because of the size, battery life and Miracast

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:54 PM