Pending regulator approval....

Shaw Communications buying upstart WIND Mobile in $1.6B deal | Globalnews.ca

8700,8800,8900, 8520,9000,9300,9900,Q5,Q10,Z10,Passport,Playbook
    12-16-15 05:23 PM
    I think they have been putting up cell towers for the past few years in AB
    12-16-15 06:15 PM
    Good news or bad....we'll have to wait and see.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-16-15 07:24 PM
    I hope they don't put the prices up I might switch to wind from Rogers because Rogers is expensive

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 10:03 PM
    Soon as purchase goes through and LTE is launched say bye bye to unlimited data and $20 price increase. Lol

12-17-15 02:47 AM
    Ya I think so to

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 04:11 PM
    Soon as purchase goes through and LTE is launched say bye bye to unlimited data and $20 price increase. Lol

I know it may mean nothing. But they have said they will not raise prices.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-16 01:50 PM
    I know it may mean nothing. But they have said they will not raise prices.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you'll get a 10$ credit if you have your cable and internet with them

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mitchy_mitch; 01-30-16 at 11:03 AM.
    01-28-16 08:23 PM

Knowing Shaw, prices are going to triple. They are soooo greedy

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    01-28-16 09:01 PM
    At least Shaw has some financial resources to built out some infrastructure. Maybe Wind can be a viable and competitive alternative to the big 3 now.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    01-31-16 03:44 PM
    At least Shaw has some financial resources to built out some infrastructure. Maybe Wind can be a viable and competitive alternative to the big 3 now.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10.
    I'd rather see them stick to the territories they are in . Wind specializes in cheap innercity phone plans.

When Shaw goes national but Jacks the price to 120/m and gets rid of unlimited plans - which they will do - we may as well go with one of the big 3. Besides they are extremely tied to Rogers internally.

Right now its Bell & Telus vs Rogers. This just makes it Bell & Telus vs Rogers & Shaw. Still a duopoly. No change for consumers except the loss of an affordable alternative.

02-01-16 09:31 AM
    I'd rather see them stick to the territories they are in . Wind specializes in cheap innercity phone plans.

When Shaw goes national but Jacks the price to 120/m and gets rid of unlimited plans - which they will do - we may as well go with one of the big 3. Besides they are extremely tied to Rogers internally.

Right now its Bell & Telus vs Rogers. This just makes it Bell & Telus vs Rogers & Shaw. Still a duopoly. No change for consumers except the loss of an affordable alternative.

They have stated they will not raise prices,

But only time will tell if that's true or not

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    02-02-16 11:01 AM
    Transfer of spectrum licences approved.
    ISED February 4

It means it's pretty much a done deal. Competition board isn't going to object and IC approved the spectrum transfer. If there was any doubts before (not that there was), there isn't any more.
    02-08-16 10:43 AM
    they have said they will raise prices to be in line with the big 3 , but just under it.
    02-08-16 11:24 AM
    they have said they will raise prices to be in line with the big 3 , but just under it.
    Out of curiosity, could you provide a link to the source? I've been watching things pretty closely since the deal was announced, but haven't seen anything official from either Wind or Shaw regarding pricing of plans. But I have read a lot of speculation, especially on various forums.

I would expect new plans to increase, especially once LTE gets rolled out and everyone is forced to upgrade their devices to use it, or stick with their current phones and plans on the slower HSPA+ network. However, this is just me speculating, and will likely have to wait until the deal is completed and Shaw has officially taken over to find out what is in store for us. In the meantime, if anyone does find something official, please post the link on here.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 06:25 PM
    I think it was brainstorming during their conference call that shaw had (wish I recorded it! DAMN!) but likely won't really happen until 2020, but I doubt they'll raise current plans or rid grandfathered plans.

Typed using my BlackBerry Classic running 10.3.2.2876 on WINDmobile HSPA+
    02-27-16 05:09 AM
    looking for it again on hofo
    03-06-16 09:25 PM