I have US Cellular. Any chance of them getting the Storm2? That phone looks awesome. I have a friend with one from Verizon and I loved the feel of the touch screen. US Cellular doesn't have much to chose from for BB's. I have an 8530 and my contract is long from over. I would love to see them get the Storm2 or maybe an Iphone. Hope it's not just wishful thinking!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 08:16 PM
    doubt anytime soon.

P.S. This really should go in the US Cellular forum
    02-08-10 08:24 PM
    doubt anytime soon.

P.S. This really should go in the US Cellular forum
    That's what I was afraid of. Wonder why??

P.s. Sorry I posted to the wrong spot. Just finding my way around here.

02-09-10 08:20 PM
    Ask yourself this question: How many carriers in the US are carrying the Storm 2?
    02-09-10 09:20 PM
    Ask yourself this question: How many carriers in the US are carrying the Storm 2?
    Well that just stinks. I'm assuming Verizon has rights to the Storm. But I saw a post somewhere that said US Cellular declined the original Storm cause it didn't meet there standards. I don't know if that is true or not but if it is I was hoping just maybe there was hope of getting Storm 2. Guess it's just the Curve or Tour if I stay with USC.

02-10-10 07:33 AM
    Well that just stinks. I'm assuming Verizon has rights to the Storm. But I saw a post somewhere that said US Cellular declined the original Storm cause it didn't meet there standards. I don't know if that is true or not but if it is I was hoping just maybe there was hope of getting Storm 2. Guess it's just the Curve or Tour if I stay with USC.

That post was wrong, Verizon and RIM worked together very closely in the development of the Storm.
    02-10-10 11:38 AM
    A USCC rep told me a few days ago that they require no more than a 3-5% failure rate, while other carriers accept an 8-10% failure rate. Also, she said they will not be getting the Storm2 any time soon, but they will be getting the Droid. Frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.
    02-10-10 01:29 PM
    A USCC rep told me a few days ago that they require no more than a 3-5% failure rate, while other carriers accept an 8-10% failure rate. Also, she said they will not be getting the Storm2 any time soon, but they will be getting the Droid. Frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Doesn't the Droid use Window's mobile? I tried that once with the HTC TP2 and just couldn't adapt. I am a Blackberry person. I do love my Ipod Touch though. I think I might be able to adjust to an Iphone. Maybe someday they'll get that.

02-10-10 02:44 PM
    USCC will not be getting THE Droid, it will be getting AN ANDROID device...well more than one actually.
    Doesn't the Droid use Window's mobile? I tried that once with the HTC TP2 and just couldn't adapt. I am a Blackberry person. I do love my Ipod Touch though. I think I might be able to adjust to an Iphone. Maybe someday they'll get that.

No, the Droid runs...Android.
    Last edited by BigE4284; 02-10-10 at 03:20 PM.
    02-10-10 03:16 PM
    USCC will not be getting THE Droid, it will be getting AN ANDROID device...well more than one actually.

No, the Droid runs...Android.
    How's the Androids for user friendliness? Who makes them?

02-10-10 04:41 PM
    How's the Androids for user friendliness? Who makes them?

Android is an operating system, like XP or Vista.

Phones that run on Android are made by HTC, Samsung, Motorola, and others (Like HP, IBM, Dell with computers). I've not used an Android device so I can't really speak to their user friendliness. I'm looking forward to it though, just waiting for the right device to come to USCC.
    Last edited by BigE4284; 02-10-10 at 05:11 PM.
    02-10-10 05:08 PM
    Big E, when will the be the right time to drop some info on Android phones coming out? We're all waiting patiently for your knowledge, my friend.
    02-11-10 12:54 PM
    Android operating system is developed by Google.
    02-11-10 04:47 PM
    Android arrival expected to be early-mid summer.
    02-17-10 04:42 PM
    Android arrival expected to be early-mid summer.
    Where'd you get that?

02-17-10 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD