Hi there.

I've been reading about how WIND mobile phones use different frequencies than others (ie: Rogers), but I'm not entirely sure of what frequencies Sasktel uses.

I'm looking to buy a Bold 9700, but one of the ones I'm looking at were used on WIND, so that is why I've asked this question today.

Anyone with knowledge of what frequencies Sasktel (from Saskatchewan, Canada) uses, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Keith.
    11-28-10 07:00 PM
    You should be able to use voice no problem but Data you would have issues as Sasktel 3G is on a different frequency than Wind

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ikuorai likes this.
    11-28-10 07:06 PM
    Ah. Thanks. I'm getting another blackberry (first one was stolen =/) purely for the data usage pretty much. I won't be buying that one then.

Shame, too. It was only $200.
    11-28-10 07:15 PM
    Yeah usually I even see alot of the Wind Mobile phones on kijiji and craigslist but it just sucks that data won't work properly or even at all unless you buy the wind phone for wind or mobilicity account
    11-28-10 07:18 PM
    Definitely disappointing.
    11-28-10 07:21 PM
    If you have to buy outright, Sasktel has the 9780 now
    Ikuorai likes this.
    11-28-10 07:52 PM
    Eh screw that. I'm not paying $600+. I'd rather buy one from Alberta and have it shipped over. Worth running the risk for something I can just resell if I get a fail one.

Or go back to a Curve 8530, considering I had that before. It got stolen.
    11-28-10 07:54 PM
    I would recommend going with what you're feeling most comfortable with, a curve 835x or curve 8900, or a later model such as the 3G version, save the money if you don't have enough.

EDGE isn't a whole lot different than 3G in my opinion since most are dual band, tri-band and/or quad band. Eh, as long as it works, you should be fine.
    Last edited by Rootbrian; 11-29-10 at 01:21 AM.
    Ikuorai likes this.
    11-29-10 01:19 AM
    Telus is only $70.00 less than Sasktel on the 9780. If it works & there is no extra costs or hidden fees, then you save $70.00. Being on Sasktel myself, keep us updated on what you find out. I would like to know for my own records.
    11-29-10 07:53 AM
    Hi there.

I've been reading about how WIND mobile phones use different frequencies than others (ie: Rogers), but I'm not entirely sure of what frequencies Sasktel uses.

I'm looking to buy a Bold 9700, but one of the ones I'm looking at were used on WIND, so that is why I've asked this question today.

Anyone with knowledge of what frequencies Sasktel (from Saskatchewan, Canada) uses, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Keith.
    Will not work properly... Best bet is to look for any other BB 9700 from Rogers, Bell, Telus and unlock it. They all go for a decent price on Kijiji and craigslist.
    Ikuorai likes this.
    11-29-10 11:21 AM
    So got a blackberry 9700 bold. Originally from sasktel, so no unlocking required.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I know I'll be active here from now on. Already considering os 6.0 hehe.

Cheers,
    Keith

11-29-10 11:55 PM
    What did you have to pay for the 9700 if you don't mind me asking?
    11-30-10 12:11 AM
    350, less than a month old. Came with screen protector (installed day 1), extra screen protector, OtterBox Commuter case (sweet case), wall charger, all boxes and documentation, installation CD, data cable, leather "holster" pouch with clip, and car charger, and a 2gb micro sd card.

Had one lined up for $250 without cases or pouches, etc. But that fell through, no communication from the other party after a few emails.

I figure all the extra stuff is worth it, I gave what the asking price was because the guy was willing to meet the night I responded, where I asked him to, and he let me put a SIM into it to check if it had been attempted to be unlocked, if it was blocked, etc etc.
    He charged it up a bit for me to check it out. Very nice person.

Off I go to Sasktel tomorrow at lunch, $10 SIM card, $25 activation, and I should be set.
    11-30-10 12:55 AM
    350, less than a month old. Came with screen protector (installed day 1), extra screen protector, OtterBox Commuter case (sweet case), wall charger, all boxes and documentation, installation CD, data cable, leather "holster" pouch with clip, and car charger, and a 2gb micro sd card.

Had one lined up for $250 without cases or pouches, etc. But that fell through, no communication from the other party after a few emails.

I figure all the extra stuff is worth it, I gave what the asking price was because the guy was willing to meet the night I responded, where I asked him to, and he let me put a SIM into it to check if it had been attempted to be unlocked, if it was blocked, etc etc.
    He charged it up a bit for me to check it out. Very nice person.

Off I go to Sasktel tomorrow at lunch, $10 SIM card, $25 activation, and I should be set.
    Hope you called SaskTel already to confirm the PIN was released by the previous owner and that the phone isnt blacklisted common practice on kijiji especially with lower priced phones is that they are stolen and as a result will only work for data/sms only
    11-30-10 06:17 AM
    So got a blackberry 9700 bold. Originally from sasktel, so no unlocking required.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I know I'll be active here from now on. Already considering os 6.0 hehe.

Cheers,
    Keith

Your welcome. Did everything work out alright?
    11-30-10 02:42 PM
    Your welcome. Hope you enjoy your 9700

11-30-10 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD