Will T-Mobile offer the new Blackberry Bold 9000 and when? Does anyone know or have any information how a T-Mobile user like myself can get my hands on a Blackberry Bold 9000 and use it with my T-Mobile service?
    09-16-08 04:24 PM
    Speculation points to Q1 of 2009
    09-16-08 04:27 PM
    They 99% will, it's just when, Tmobile in germany has the bold.
    09-16-08 04:30 PM
    EXCELLENT! Thank you!
    09-16-08 04:59 PM
    it should work out the same way the curve did, start with a few carriers then explode onto every provider! which would work for me, can't wait for a bold/javelin to hit the T-mobile market.
    09-16-08 05:03 PM
    Speculation points to Q1 of 2009
    Oof, really? Is this written anywhere? I was assuming the Bold wouldn't come to T-Mobile until at least Summer of '09. If this turns out to be true, I may hold off on getting a Javelin. Or I'll just sell the Javelin when the Bold comes out.
    09-16-08 05:39 PM
    The last thing I read on this was that AT&T would carry the Bold exclusively for 6 months to a year before anyone else would get one... same goes for when TMO gets the Javelin.
    09-17-08 06:51 AM
    I just talked to a rep at T-Mobile who said all of these phones would be out by November, a blackberry flip, the Bold, and a touch screen black berry. Although he also told me that T-Mobile is going to release an Iphone in time for Christmas as well, so I guess I'll take what he said with a grain of salt.
    09-18-08 10:31 AM
    They 99% will, it's just when, Tmobile in germany has the bold.
    That logic actually does not make much sense... because TMo in Germany is using a different 3G frequency than TMo USA will be using!! TMo Germany is using the same Bold as the rest of the world...

TMo USA will need a different Bold that is compatible with their 3G network frequencies.

Oof, really? Is this written anywhere? I was assuming the Bold wouldn't come to T-Mobile until at least Summer of '09. If this turns out to be true, I may hold off on getting a Javelin. Or I'll just sell the Javelin when the Bold comes out.
    Notice I said speculation I would not base any purchases or plans off of this info...

And the Javelin is going to be an amazing device anyhow!! I would consider sticking with the Jav over the Bold, but that is just my personal opinion!
    09-18-08 10:34 AM
    well i dont see anybody but at&t having the Iphone, as they have a 2 year exclusive on it and thats not up till well into the next year im pretty sure.

We know they are going to have the 8220 flip in the next month or so, and i believe the jav by the end of the year, and im pretty sure we wont see the bold till Q1 2009 at the earliest.
    09-20-08 09:34 PM
    Well I have been reading that the Blackberry Bold will be available in Jan. 2009 and then read another that T-Mobile will get the Bold in U.S. soon, once A T&T comes out. I think the speculation is right where T-Mobile will get it in Jan. 2009 I really don't see the Bold coming out soon since T-Mobile will offer the Javelin first, which is an EDGE-variant type of phone.
    09-21-08 08:32 AM
    The last thing I read on this was that AT&T would carry the Bold exclusively for 6 months to a year before anyone else would get one... same goes for when TMO gets the Javelin.
    i thought they only had it exclusive for 60 days
    09-21-08 12:24 PM
    i thought they only had it exclusive for 60 days
    So, if AT&T keeps delaying the Bold's release then TMO will never get it... I still don't think any major carrier would like to only have a 2 month advantage.
    09-21-08 04:14 PM
    So, if AT&T keeps delaying the Bold's release then TMO will never get it... I still don't think any major carrier would like to only have a 2 month advantage.
    it may have been 60 or 90 days with the exclusiveness
    09-21-08 04:41 PM
    And the Javelin is going to be an amazing device anyhow!! I would consider sticking with the Jav over the Bold, but that is just my personal opinion!
    I agree, but 3G is so important to me right now, as I commute on the train for about 2 hours a day.
    09-22-08 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD