im with koodo and have a android phone and have the data saver package and basically i get charged data as i use it and long story short hotmail works and my phone fetches email/data as per my settings.

Im thinking abt getting a blackberry locked to koodo (curve 8530) and keeping my current voice plan and keeping the current data saver plan, so basically i will have data BUT I WONT HAVE the blackberry add on.

will i still be able to receive hotmail emails on the blackberry???? when im not on wifi of course.

If you guys need help with understanding koodo plans im adding the link, I already have the Data Saver option, which starts from $5 a mth and goes up to $25 depending on data usage.

Oh wait it wont let me, anyways if u need help, just go to koodo.ca and select plans and then add ons.
    12-11-11 11:55 PM
    To make a long story short, no way.
    12-12-11 03:17 AM
    To make a long story short, no way.
    To elaborate, Blackberry uses BIS which are their own servers so regular data will not work with any BB. Your carrier has to "register" your BB with BIS servers in order for email/data and other internet related services to work.
    12-12-11 03:20 AM
    To elaborate, Blackberry uses BIS which are their own servers so regular data will not work with any BB. Your carrier has to "register" your BB with BIS servers in order for email/data and other internet related services to work.
    Guest mine are too short then lol
    12-12-11 03:30 AM
    No, you have to use a valid blackberry specific data plan. Trying to get free service or "hacking" is illegal and considered stealing from your carrier. Either have the blackberry data plan paid for and added to your account or deal with not having it. That is what you need to do.
    12-12-11 04:09 PM
    Just get a proper blackberry plan - I think it cost the same as a regular data plan on Koodo, so why not?
    12-12-11 08:28 PM
    Just get a proper blackberry plan - I think it cost the same as a regular data plan on Koodo, so why not?
    Also, Koodo=Telus Mobility. WIND would give you a much better deal if you wanted a cheap plan that includes data: Smart + Voicemail + Data=$35/month before taxes. T-Mobile (AWS 1700) phone required.
    12-12-11 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD