hi,

i have a airtel broadband connection and a separate wifi router.
    have been using this with my laptops for over a year.

my 8520 is able to connect to this netwrok but when i try to browse it gives me following message
    "Unable to connect to requested server". tried everything but not working.

it works fine with other unsecured connections near my house.

please help.
    04-28-10 03:10 AM
    Lol a battery pull didn't fix the issue?? That's what happend to me and it corrected that way
    04-29-10 11:31 AM
    On your phone in wifi network settings, in the menu go to tools/diagnostics and try pinging both your router and some websites. Other than a battery pull on the phone, you may want to try deleting the profile on your phone and reconnecting to your router from scratch. Another thing you may want to try is turning your router on and off.
    04-30-10 10:38 PM
    I pinged myself and some web sites and they are ok...
    my problem is that i switched to another sim card when travelling to colombia...the other sim card I had worked fine in lots of other countrires meaning that eventhough I did not have data plan, the wifi was working properly,,,,
    But yesterday when I landed , I popped in the new sim card and phone works good but wifi stopped working at all?
    Did I erase my sevice books?
    In the host routing table option there is no service books, but I hit the register now button and nothing happens...
    Do I have to buy a data service plan by obligation? I can't use wifi with no data plan?
    05-14-10 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD