hello, a buddy of mine just got the 8320 through t-mobile and i have the 8310 with att overall my signal strength does outdo his due to where we live but at my house he can connect to my wifi and place calls i'm stuck with 1-2 bars of signal. i switched from t-mo to att a few months back due to the no signal at my house. but with wifi it wouldnt have been a problem.

so my question is, is it possible to place wifi calls twith att ? if not will it become an option?
    11-02-08 06:14 AM
    Wifi calling is not available with AT&T and I'm not sure if it will ever be available.

Please Read This! I have to kinda post this by the way for your own security.

Coverage not available in all areas. Terms of service will vary based on selected devices and service plans. Complete Laptop Connect solution requires activation of qualified AT&T Data Connect plan and Wi-Fi Connect plan on a compatible device running AT&T Communication Manager 4.2 software. Communication Manager and AT&T Wi-Fi Service are subject to terms and conditions of user agreement presented during software installation. View this agreement. Coverage areas vary between types of service. For participating AT&T Wi-Fi service hotspot locations visit att.com/wifi, which may be changed by AT&T from time to time. Wireless 802.11b/g network interface card or a laptop/PDA enabled with 802.11 b/g technology is required to access the Wi-Fi Service. Wi-Fi Service is not inherently secure. AT&T strongly encourages and supports certain customer-provided security solutions, such as virtual private networks (VPNs), but does not provide these to its Wi-Fi users and is not responsible for their effectiveness. Service is available only when it is within the operating range of the AT&T system or of an operator with which we have an applicable roaming agreement. AT&T Wi-Fi Service is not part of the AT&T GPRS, EDGE or 3G networks and, therefore, does not have the encryption, authentication or other security features that may be available on those networks. Additional software, hardware and/or subscription to other services may also be required for some wireless business solutions. Additional charges and restrictions apply. Wireless service and features are subject to the terms and conditions of applicable service agreements, corresponding plan brochures, and coverage maps.

Communication Manager: Subscription to an eligible AT&T service and compatible device required. Not all features, service options or offers are available on all devices, rate plans or available for purchase or use in all areas. Certain other restrictions apply. See the Communication Manager End User License Agreement during the software download.
    11-02-08 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD