I have sucessfully connected an orange uk 9900 to wifi calling using the leaked 7.1.0.267,i also have a 9860 Torch and have the leaked 7.1.0.267 for that version but i do not have any option for wifi calling just a hotspot icon.

Has anyone managed to connect there 9860 to orange uk using wifi calling on this model,from trying to decipher some of the posts it may seem it is not part of this build?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
    03-05-12 11:57 AM
    hi i have tried most of the 7.1 leaks and no luck, does the hotspot work on the 9860?
    Paul.
    03-05-12 12:06 PM
    hi i have tried most of the 7.1 leaks and no luck, does the hotspot work on the 9860?
    Paul.
    Just tried it a few minutes ago and in tries to connect but then mentions that it needs me to subscribe to a data plan and switches off.

The only other variable in this is that iam using an orange sim in an unlocked 02 phone,so maybe there is an issue there?
    03-05-12 12:59 PM
    i dont think orange has enabled the hotspot or wifi calling for the 9860 on their systems yet....i had a 9800 and uma worked fine and im desperate to get wifi calling working as i have very poor signal in my house.
    strange how the 9900 works...
    03-05-12 01:03 PM
    Yes i think you are right,yes my wife has uma on her 9790 and like i have said works fine with the 9900 and wifi calling. Just frustrating at the length of time orange are taking.
    03-05-12 01:39 PM
    I've just spoken to CS & apparently OS 7.1.0.267, UMA is now available along with battery saving via desktop manager
    03-14-12 04:37 PM
    Battery saving = Yes

UMA = No
    03-15-12 05:29 AM
    Battery saving = Yes

UMA = No
    hi have u downloaded the 7.1 from using desktop manager or an other vendor removing the xml file.
    03-15-12 12:07 PM
    I'm using 7.1.0.267 leak, removing the vendor files

Orange havent yet released a 7.1 build for 9860
    03-16-12 05:37 AM
    I am with Orange UK on Bold 9900 and have loaded 7.1 from T-Mobile US.
    It is working perfectly. The 3G icon disappears and the icon for WiFi calling appears, which is a combination of call symbol and wifi connectivity, both enclosed in a rectangle box. The Network name Orange appears on the top along with my WiFi network name.

There were initial hiccups of the phone hanging and not connecting, but after 3-4 battery pullouts, it is fine now.

After 2 days (am not sure what happened for the 1st 2 days) my online bills have started showing the WiFi calls as 'Homezone' with a '-' in place of minutes used. So no minutes deducted.

However, if I leave it in 'WiFi Preferred' mode, some calls are being diverted through network and minutes are getting deducted. It is difficult to monitor which calls are gong through which service. So I have changed it to 'WiFi Only' mode and it works fine. Only drawback is, you have to manually switch to the mobile network when you are out of WiFi zone, but it saves unnecessary bills.

Haven't tried international calls, but calls to UK Mobiles seems to be free
    Last edited by vickred; 03-29-12 at 01:40 AM.
    03-28-12 07:58 AM
    What I am gathering so far from the various posts in multiple forums and boards is; that to date, no carrier yet worldwide has wifi calling enabled for the 9860. DTM stuff don't count.
    03-28-12 09:36 AM

After 2 days (am not sure what happened for the 1st 2 days) my online bills have started showing the WiFi calls as 'Homezone' with a '-' in place of minutes used. So no minutes deducted.

However, if I leave it in 'WiFi Preferred' mode, some calls are being diverted through network and minutes are getting deducted. It is difficult to monitor which calls are gong through which service. So I have changed it to 'WiFi Only' mode and it works fine. Only drawback is, you have to manually switch to the mobile network when you are out of WiFi zone, but it saves unnecessary bills.

Haven't tried international calls, but calls to UK Mobiles seems to be free

Can you confirm thta it's still for free ? I am just testing and made a internationa call to mobile number. Will check as soon as orange usage webiste will be updated (48 hours)
    04-05-12 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD