Sorry and excuse my ignorance. But What is the big deal about Wifi calling ??if all calling Minutes are free on all networks it does not cost anything extra to make a phone call. So why is it everybody worried and looking for that Wifi calling?? What is it that I'm missing??

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 01:36 PM
    The main reason is that you can call people who don't have, for example, BBM voice. People such as those who haven't installed it, and their landline numbers.

Plus, if you have a bad network signal around you, but a WiFi network is available, you can jump on the WiFi and continue with your business. For this reason, it's great to have overseas (if you think of the lack of your domestic carrier's network as a bad network signal )
    Anovascular likes this.
    02-22-14 01:40 PM
    The Homer Simpson version (for me) is:
    1) If you have wifi, you don't need cell signal to make and receive calls.
    2) No matter where you are in the world, if you have wifi, you can call to, and receive calls from, the US -- free.
    3) Your local, home cell phone # is always active.
    02-22-14 04:58 PM
    Pretty much covered above. But one additional point is that if there is an event that leads to the mobile networks being overwhelmed, you will still be able to communicate if you have a connection to wifi. I've experienced this, and i was communicating with my wife while my colleagues only had useless phones at the moment.

For what it's worth, back in the day wifi data was so much faster than mobile, and that was another advantage, but no more usually.
    02-22-14 05:11 PM