I am currently on sprint. I stopped into the ATT store today and EVERYTHING plans (unlimited minutes, sms, data) was $150 month. I spend $100 a month for same service on sprint.

This is $50 a month, $600 a year.

If you take that $600 a year over 40 years at 10%....that is $292,000!!!!

So....why would anyone use ATT over sprint???

I must be missing something.......
    11-23-09 09:25 PM
    Some people live in areas where some or one carrier works better than others. It doesn't matter how much cheaper a service is if it doesn't work where you are.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 09:32 PM
    well except for Verizon they're like everywhere and my plan with my 8330 is 85$ a month
    11-23-09 09:37 PM
    I asked the guy at the Att store what makes ATT worth $50 more per month? He said "Our network is faster".....Here in the MPLS/ST Paul area i have to believe that sprint, verizon, att, tmobile are all somewhat similar...at least close enough that anyone paying $50 more per month is crazy???

The only difference I see is that ATT has iphone and better top of the line blackberries.....but I can't see how that is worth $600 a year...every year!!???
    11-23-09 09:56 PM
    [QUOTE=BentBarrels;4160049]

If you take that $600 a year over 40 years at 10%....that is $292,000!!!!

\QUOTE]

I think you added an extra zero there
    11-23-09 10:09 PM
    I don't know.

I personally wouldn't choose AT&T...I would choose Verizon. Costs about the same as AT&T but it has better coverage.

But I like T-Mobile. I have ya beat on price (to OP). I pay 79.99 a month for unlimited everything.
    11-23-09 10:17 PM
    I am more than happy with sprint as far as cooverage and price.
    They work for me, if they didn't I would work I would pay more for something that did.

11-23-09 11:32 PM
    I have UNLiMITED internet and I use it to the point that if I tethered with it I doubt they could tell. And I never drop a call. I spent a hundred a month with att but I think its worth it..

Last edited by cherryjuice; 11-24-09 at 12:27 AM.
    11-24-09 12:25 AM
    I've been with ATT mobile service for about 2 years now. Was with TMobile for a couple years, but the main reason I switched was the quality of the phones availabe. I also have U-Verse TV and high speed internet with ATT. I have 3 lines on my wireless service, including an Iphone , Blackberry Bold, and Samsung Eternity. Total bill for wireless is $156 a month, and Uverse with internet is $71 a month. Before I bundled all my services with ATT, I paid over $350 a month for home phone, mobile service, internet, and cable. I'm saving over $100 a month with my current service.

Never had a problem with 3g service in South Texas, no dropped calls or any other service issues. I've had problems with my phones, but Att has always resolved those issues, so I will stay with what works for me.
    11-24-09 07:51 AM
    I've been with AT&T for over 6 years now. At the time I got my first phone it was Cingular, which was an excellent service provider in my opinion. Since then, I've stuck with AT&T. I'd probably consider T-mobile as well: my main issue of now with Sprint and Verizon is their CDMA network (which isn't supported worldwide) and the fact that you can't just swap out a SIM card into another phone when ever you feel like it. The rollout of the UTE/LTE 4G network in the next few years means they'll be switching to SIM cards, so it might be a possibility down the road.

Plus Verizon has always put on their locked down OS on the phones; I don't like bloatware
    11-24-09 01:05 PM
    AT&T rightly points out it has high-speed packet access (HSPA) networks covering 75% of the U.S. population, while the spaces in between are filled with 2G EDGE networks. If you happen to be in the 25% that doesn’t have 3G coverage, your data speeds are going to suck if you have the iPhone. But what Verizon hasn’t pointed out — yet — is that connection speeds often aren’t much better if you’re living in the blue. AT&T’s 3G network in the major metro markets isn’t just spottier than its 3G coverage, but also millions of iPhone and other smartphone connections have squandered what capacity is available. In many major metro markets the 3G network is so overloaded, connection speeds have been reduced to sub-2G levels, and in some cases 3G-capable phones are being shunted down to the Edge network...
    11-24-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD