First, AT&T stores are Apple/Samsung stores.

Second, I go to an AT&T store about once a month, always a corporate store. The salespersons do not know how to use BlackBerry phones, and don't use them themselves. They neither have training nor experience with them.

AT&T puts BlackBerry phones in the back of the store. By the old flip phones. They don't sell cases for them. They remove current phones before they have run their course.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-16-16 08:54 PM
    First, AT&T stores are Apple/Samsung stores.

Second, I go to an AT&T store about once a month, always a corporate store. The salespersons do not know how to use BlackBerry phones, and don't use them themselves. They neither have training nor experience with them.

AT&T puts BlackBerry phones in the back of the store. By the old flip phones. They don't sell cases for them. They remove current phones before they have run their course.

They're lucky to be in the store. I love Blackberry phones but I wouldn't carry the phones in my store. Retail 101 is carry what sells the best and the fastest.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Wezard and jmr1015 like this.
    07-17-16 09:49 AM
    Chuck that makes sense for most stores but not corporate stores locked to a carrier. It's not like you can go to a Verizon store because the AT&T store has a few blackberries out, and I don't imagine they ever sell a single phone that they typically stack next to the BlackBerry phones. And in any case the retail display area is not indicative of the stock in the back.

I understand why Apple and Samsung displays are huge and at the front of the store, but AT&T does have an investment in BlackBerry phones.

A corporate store should push the phones that have the highest margins, as long as they have all of the phones people want.

I noticed that all of the salespersons in my store carry iPhone and each of them is issued an iPad for facilitating sales.

07-17-16 10:09 AM
    Chuck that makes sense for most stores but not corporate stores locked to a carrier. It's not like you can go to a Verizon store because the AT&T store has a few blackberries out, and I don't imagine they ever sell a single phone that they typically stack next to the BlackBerry phones. And in any case the retail display area is not indicative of the stock in the back.

I understand why Apple and Samsung displays are huge and at the front of the store, but AT&T does have an investment in BlackBerry phones.

A corporate store should push the phones that have the highest margins, as long as they have all of the phones people want.

I noticed that all of the salespersons in my store carry iPhone and each of them is issued an iPad for facilitating sales.

It makes same exact sense. Retailers need to push what sells and hopefully it has good margins. If people want a brand, they'll buy it. Many brands aren't good enough for a store, corporate or not, and get NO SPACE in any store. Blackberry needs carriers but can't pay enough to anyone to overcome their perceived undesirability with consumer. They could just give phones to corporate stores no cost and it still wouldn't make sense to give the phones a prime location. People buy name brands and blackberry is almost considered a knockoff brand. They've become like an old 80's brand that is brought from dustbin of history and sold in dollar stores like Brut cologne.

Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-17-16 11:30 AM
    AT&T has already said that returns for the PRIV were higher than expected.... each returned PRIV was a lost commision for one of those salespeople, looks bad on the store manager's tally sheets and on the bottom line it hurts AT&T.

Very little wonder that it's not something that people in the store want to touch. If a salesman can sell 10 iphones and 10 Galaxies in a day and not get a return.... that's what they are going to sell tomorrow.
    Coachbulldog and jmr1015 like this.
    07-18-16 07:13 AM
    I wonder what the basis for the returns were, or of there was a common theme.

I've been really, really happy with my Priv. Maybe I'm just easy to please.

07-18-16 12:10 PM
    In the end it's all about the money

jmr1015 likes this.
    10-11-16 05:09 AM
    BlackBerry Needs to sue AT&T for allowing their employees and sales Rep to bash there brand

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 09:43 AM
    BlackBerry Needs to sue AT&T for allowing their employees and sales Rep to bash there brand

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, OK, whatever....
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-04-16 10:23 AM
    If I look at phones currently available on AT&T's website, there are ZERO Blackberry phones. So it's not even the stores not bothering with them, it's corporate. Not even a Priv anymore, let alone a forthcoming DTEK60. They just don't have ANY.
    11-09-16 01:58 PM
    If I look at phones currently available on AT&T's website, there are ZERO Blackberry phones. So it's not even the stores not bothering with them, it's corporate. Not even a Priv anymore, let alone a forthcoming DTEK60. They just don't have ANY.
    Why expect a carrier to buy / sell a phone with little demand?
    11-09-16 02:32 PM
    But how can I do my part to create demand if I can't buy one or even get my hands on one to see if I'd like it? Are you saying everyone should walk into AT&T stores on a weekly basis asking for Blackberries until we see them? Just curious how to get out of this catch-22...
    11-09-16 02:46 PM
    You would have to cast a magic spell that increases the IQ rating of every person on Earth by a flat 50 points.
    11-11-16 04:13 PM
    You would have to cast a magic spell that increases the IQ rating of every person on Earth by a flat 50 points.
    If I could do that, I'd have done it before this past Tuesday...
    11-11-16 04:14 PM
    Of course, now AT&T doesn't even sell a BlackBerry online.

Seems they are done.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 05:56 PM
    Amen to that. AT&T gave my wife a Passport to replace her old Curve. I liked it so much that I bought an SE from the Blackberry store.
    I had to get a new SIM and the person at the store was very knowledgeable about the Passport. I was impressed.
    A few hours of research and sideloading, and I am very pleased with the phone.
    11-22-16 11:45 AM
    Amen to that. AT&T gave my wife a Passport to replace her old Curve. I liked it so much that I bought an SE from the Blackberry store.
    I had to get a new SIM and the person at the store was very knowledgeable about the Passport. I was impressed.
    A few hours of research and sideloading, and I am very pleased with the phone.
    They're waiting for 10.3.3 to do a major Super Bowl tie-in ad campaign.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    11-24-16 12:22 PM
    They're waiting for 10.3.3 to do a major Super Bowl tie-in ad campaign.
    I love it.
    11-24-16 12:35 PM
    Hey, let's face it. AT&T has been anti-Blackberry from the start, even before BB10 existed. Yet the people dumb enough to purchase one from them get constantly put down, poor to no tech support (instead of a fix they blame the issue on fact it's a BlackBerry) and worst of all they FORCE us to only get updates from them! I bought an "unlocked" Q10 thinking of easier updates and ability to use other SIM cards when traveling. I discovered that vendors sold me an AT&T branded cell, so it was just as bad as if I got it from AT&T! They're famous for releasing updates up to a year after they go live! Often seen others get next update when I still haven't gotten the previous one!

Corporate culture at AT&T hasn't changed and likely never will. Since then I buy from BlackBerry and then just insert the SIM...

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    04-14-17 02:47 PM
    Forgot to mention that AT&T is also famous for waiting SO long before they pass on updates that before I had the 10.1 update other US carriers were either about to release 10.2 or had already released it! Same thing for 10.3 when it 1st came out.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    05-02-17 06:51 AM
    Well, until the android BlackBerry came along, it was actually quite easy to update any BB10 or legacy BlackBerry phone even if it was branded to AT&T. I chose to go through AT&T because I've never problems with their service. I've never had issues dealing with their customer service either. And I could never afford to buy the phone I wanted outright. I don't care how much more it costs in the long run, it doesn't matter if you just can't part with the whole amount all at once.

But then, I never went to them for phone specific issues. Starting with a Pearl 8100, then with a Torch 9800, and now with my Z10. All AT&T branded and bought. I updated all my phones myself. Never waited on AT&T for anything. Never had problems doing that either. If I did have a problem with phone, I figured it out myself. Even if it involved an OS reload, no big deal.

Why some people think they should only wait on the carrier simply baffles me. There's no magic juice they add to what they provide other than a few carrier specific apps - like Family Map and the myAT&T browser link... woo hoo...

Joel
    05-02-17 09:59 AM
    But how can I do my part to create demand if I can't buy one or even get my hands on one to see if I'd like it? Are you saying everyone should walk into AT&T stores on a weekly basis asking for Blackberries until we see them? Just curious how to get out of this catch-22...
    It's too late. BB phones sold so badly and had enough returns that AT&T has little interest in bothering with them much longer. As others have said, it's about money. They're looking at sales trends. And BB is a bad bet.
    05-02-17 10:41 AM
    Yeah, as I've stated before, BlackBerry users tend to take very good care of their phones, and put them to good use, and RIM didn't typically make defective products, so that was a perfect storm of NO SALES until the battery of your original device was about to explode. My BlackBerry Curve 8900 is still in amazing shape, but with the 2G network dead in the US, it's basically a brick to me, now.
    makaiman likes this.
    05-02-17 05:49 PM
48 12