Didn't sprint and Verizon release the tour on the same day? Weren't they the only cdma carriers to have it? Isn't it STILL the best cdma blackberry? I would say that having the best possible is the idea and concept behind the notion of having the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You missed the point of Sprint/Verizon releasing it though. They were the only carriers to have it because it was CDMA playing catch up to releases on GSM dating as far back as the 9000, yet still excluding features like wifi.

And no, the 9630 is not the best blackberry.

Also VZ already had the Storm, compared to Sprint only having the 8330 for the entire duration....
    02-10-10 04:13 PM
    Right but you missed my point. Sprint, Verizon, or any other cdma carrier shouldn't be criticized if a manufacturer (RIM) doesn't make new devices for their technology. I know the 9630 is not the best blackberry. I said it was the best cdma blackberry. Catching up or what ever they call it would mean they caught up ... Right?

02-10-10 05:25 PM
    1) VZ pushed and got an exclusive BB. Yet Sprint is OK not to do so... Blame it on RIM, saying that it's their fault for not manufacturing a CDMA BB, even though GSM in general was way, way behind on things like 3G BB's in the first place...

This logic gets old:
    -Why does Sprint not have the iphone?
    -Why does Sprint not have the Storm?
    -Why does Sprint have the worst webOs phones when they had a long term relationship with Palm and exclusivity for ~a year?

You can't just keep pointing the fingers at everyone else like they're out to get Sprint...

2) They are considered "caught up" when they trail roughly a year behind, then release a phone that is missing features that it was supposed to have at launch (which are then added in rev2 6+ months later)? On top of that it has some of the highest refurb/warranty costs to the manufacturer out of any BB out there...

I understand making excuses for Sprint happening on the Sprint board. But who are you trying to convince and why...
    Last edited by papped; 02-10-10 at 05:42 PM.
    02-10-10 05:39 PM
    Not trying to convince anyone. I use an 8130 pearl that I upgraded to from the original moto q when it first came to sprint in like late 2007 or early 2008. SO clearly I'm not overly concerned. I just enjoy a healthy debate every now and then.

02-10-10 05:46 PM
    I think the selection is pretty decent, i went from the 8330 to the hero, and by the time im ready to upgrade to a new one there will be a decent jump up. Ive always thought if people wanted a new phone every 6 months they went with a GSM company just for the ease of upgrading. I like to think those of us with sprint are pretty happy with what we have or else we would jump ship.
    02-10-10 07:07 PM
    Im right there with you papped.. Couldnt agree more.
    02-10-10 08:19 PM
    papp i dont see a samung moment on any other carrier :P its a awesome phone really..
    02-10-10 11:46 PM
    Sprint's phone line-up isnt the best, but it gets the job done. WinMo phones in my opinion are the WORST EVER. I had 4 Moguls and 2 TP2. They suck really bad. My Blackberry is the only phone that is working flawlessly
    02-10-10 11:58 PM
    papp i dont see a samung moment on any other carrier :P its a awesome phone really..
    Ok, so if you only want the moment Sprint is the best carrier for phone selection...

02-11-10 12:46 AM
    Sprint's phone line-up isnt the best, but it gets the job done. WinMo phones in my opinion are the WORST EVER. I had 4 Moguls and 2 TP2. They suck really bad. My Blackberry is the only phone that is working flawlessly
    Yeah I had a diamond and a tp2 and i hated WinMo too.

Ok, so if you only want the moment Sprint is the best carrier for phone selection...

lol
    02-11-10 01:35 AM

I want phones that run on a real CDMA network. what good is the iphone if you cant even make/hold a call? that varity when your signal drops will **** you off... the only one that you can really compare is Verizon since they actually have a good network and provide good phones with it.
    02-11-10 02:26 PM
    I will say I finally after 9 years left Sprint for AT&T and couldn't be happier. Let's face it I'm a cell phone geek who loves the latest and greatest and also love talking about what's going to drop next and you just can't get excited about Sprint and there phone line up. So for someone who loves the technology you just can't be cheap when it comes to carrier.

02-11-10 05:26 PM
    I want phones that run on a real CDMA network. what good is the iphone if you cant even make/hold a call? that varity when your signal drops will **** you off... the only one that you can really compare is Verizon since they actually have a good network and provide good phones with it.
    All depends where you live. I've had AT&T and had less dropped calls in my area than I have with Sprint.
    02-11-10 06:00 PM
    All depends where you live. I've had AT&T and had less dropped calls in my area than I have with Sprint.
    that i can agree with you for once lol.. the only 2 decent carriers here are Sprint & Verizon. Sprint is better from what i seen
    02-11-10 06:10 PM
    The other issue is that certain phones or even certain OSes have more radio issues than others for certain people. So carrier isn't the only problem.

People just tend to assume the carrier is the only issue. A lot of people have tried out 2 different phones in the same location on the same carrier and get quite varying results.
    02-11-10 06:13 PM
    The other issue is that certain phones or even certain OSes have more radio issues than others for certain people. So carrier isn't the only problem.

People just tend to assume the carrier is the only issue. A lot of people have tried out 2 different phones in the same location on the same carrier and get quite varying results.
    +2 keep going pap! but usually its carrier's network..
    02-11-10 06:21 PM
    I can't wait for a CDMA/GSM iPhone.

02-11-10 10:01 PM
    I can't wait for a CDMA/GSM iPhone.

i just hope whoever has it can handle the data..
    02-12-10 01:26 PM
    I have the Curve, wife has the Moment, and I also have a 3G iPod Touch with wifi in my home (basically an iPhone that can't call)

For email, size, and ease of typing, the Curve wins. For speed, convenience, nice browser and friendly interface, the iPod is clearly #1 and the Moment Droid phone is #2.

We're on Sprint due to the great plan pricing, especially with employer discount. We've had it for 8 years or so. Prior to that I had Verizon - I left due to their billing screw-ups and terrible CS. So far I see no reason to change, although I would love an actual iPhone.
    02-12-10 03:49 PM
    That interesting.. Using the Ipod touch for the browser etc.. Might not be a bad idea to couple that with a BB
    02-13-10 12:54 AM
    Yeah that's what I do. **** that's what I am updating this on right now. Lol
    I have a 32gb 2nd gen touch and it's great. Does everything the iPhone does without dropping calls. Because it can't make any. Lol

02-13-10 12:58 AM
    Is the internet service on it something you pay for? Or is it only available when you can get a wifi connection? Hows that work?
    02-13-10 01:27 AM
    Where ever you get a wifi connection. Nothing specifically paid for.
    02-13-10 09:10 AM
    That seems to be the thing to do for us Blackberry folks. Have a touch and your BB. IPod touch is an awesome device, but when I go back to my BB for a text or something I realize how I can't do without it either.

I just recently chatted with Sprint and they said you can switch between phones on their site, sort of like GSM phones with their chips, except we don't have the chips.

So I was thinking about the touch pro 2. Going back and forth between that and my berry. Windows mobile 6.5.3 or whatever the latest is sick! and 7 I heard will be even better.

Either way, don't want to give up my BB. Hey maybe I'll even just add phone to plan for the extra 20 a month. I don't really use landline minutes, so I'm set. Lol. N

Sprint is great IMO

WCM
    02-13-10 09:37 AM
    Yeah they are supposedly unveiling WinMo 7 at the Mobile World Conference in Barcelona. Ive never been a fan of WinMo though..
    02-13-10 08:27 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD