Still puzzled why everyone thinks these devices are so great, I would call it yet another so so PDA phone at best. Maybe I am missing something or need more tweaks and updates...

Email reconcile - terrible
    Cable sync - so so (dupes and is slow)
    BES - to much money for what you get
    Media - terrible not nearly enough compatibility (WMV, AVI, etc. etc.)
    GPS - Ahh never mind its a VPS (verizon positioning system)
    Startup - WOW the gerbils run forever before it starts

I will say this has been more stable then my past WinMo MotoQ9m but that is about all
    01-02-09 09:38 AM
    I like my blackberry cause how it handles my multiple email accounts. The push mail that doesn't eat up battery life. I like the wifi on my curve so I can connect using wifi for faster data and also making calls for free over the wifi. Compatibility I have had no issues with I can play most of my files on my bb. If you are using it for personal why are you paying for BES? BIS is all you need for personal and 15-20 dollars cheaper. Are you using cable to sync your email? Why not just OTA and set it to push?
    01-02-09 09:43 AM
    Still puzzled why everyone thinks these devices are so great, I would call it yet another so so PDA phone at best. Maybe I am missing something or need more tweaks and updates...

Email reconcile - terrible
    Cable sync - so so (dupes and is slow)
    BES - to much money for what you get
    Media - terrible not nearly enough compatibility (WMV, AVI, etc. etc.)
    GPS - Ahh never mind its a VPS (verizon positioning system)
    Startup - WOW the gerbils run forever before it starts

I will say this has been more stable then my past WinMo MotoQ9m but that is about all
    1) Extremely stable OS.
    2) Great build quality.
    3) E-mail system is second to none. I don't know why you think reconcile is terrible. BIS is for quick retrieval and response to e-mail, not a desktop replacement.
    4) If you're integrating with a work system, BES is great. Otherwise you don't need it. Just get a gmail and google sync, and you'll sync your calendar and contacts wirelessly.
    5) BATTERY LIFE is second to none. I challenge anyone on a Windows Mobile device use theirs as heavily and have it last like a blackberry.
    6) Media may not be as open as Windows Mobile, but compare it to the God of all Media, the iPhone, and it's comparable in compatibility (the iPhone doesn't play everything, either).
    7) GPS is unlocked. If you're talking A-GPS (as you say, VPS), then that is still locked.
    8) Startup times are much faster with the new OS. Should be released soon.

Is the Blackberry for everyone? No, but the more you use it, the more you learn about it. It's a great tool. If you think it's not for you, then get something else.

BTW, the BIS service = e-mail & web for smartphone. BES = unlimited data for smartphone. Service charges are the same.
    01-02-09 09:50 AM
    Well here are some of the main reasons:

1) The emails are so fast that I get them on my BlackBerry before it appears on my MS Outlook at work.

2) I have 5 different email accounts that I can access through one device and it works pretty flawlessly for me. I've had no issues with syncing either, when I delete it from my BlackBerry, it deletes it from the mail servers as well.

3) BBM - Able to meet and talk to other CrackBerry Addicts who can help you if you have issues on your BlackBerry plus it's also a great way to meet people from all over.

4) IM programs work flawlessly for me. I use Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, MSN Messenger and BBM and I have them all opened 24/7 with no problems at all.

5) Web browsing on the Storm is amazing, I can see the website the way it's supposed to look.

6) MMS and SMS text work great.

7) Voice Notes - You can send quick voice notes to your contacts and it saves a phone call or needing to send a text message

8) Works as a clock or alarm clock with bedside mode

9) 3.2 megapixel camera with auto flash and focus

10) Video recorder built in.

11) GPS with google maps and BlackBerry maps

12) Music Player

13) Watch movies by adding it to the microsd card included.

14) Picture viewer

I'm sure I've missed some stuff but this is why I love my BlackBerry
    01-02-09 02:08 PM
    I like my blackberry because is is Awesome!!!
    01-02-09 03:40 PM
    i like the trackball
    01-02-09 03:42 PM

1) The emails are so fast that I get them on my BlackBerry before it appears on my MS Outlook at work.

2) I have 5 different email accounts that I can access through one device and it works pretty flawlessly for me. I've had no issues with syncing either, when I delete it from my BlackBerry, it deletes it from the mail servers as well.

3) BBM - Able to meet and talk to other CrackBerry Addicts who can help you if you have issues on your BlackBerry plus it's also a great way to meet people from all over.

4) IM programs work flawlessly for me. I use Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, MSN Messenger and BBM and I have them all opened 24/7 with no problems at all.

5) Web browsing on the Storm is amazing, I can see the website the way it's supposed to look.

6) MMS and SMS text work great.

7) Voice Notes - You can send quick voice notes to your contacts and it saves a phone call or needing to send a text message

8) Works as a clock or alarm clock with bedside mode

9) 3.2 megapixel camera with auto flash and focus

10) Video recorder built in.

11) GPS with google maps and BlackBerry maps

12) Music Player

13) Watch movies by adding it to the microsd card included.

14) Picture viewer

I'm sure I've missed some stuff but this is why I love my BlackBerry
    Yeah! What she said!!
    01-02-09 03:44 PM
    Stable OS, great display, fast internet, unlocked gps, Trackball, fast messenger, ota email push is great, etc. Question is, what on earth are you doing wrong?
    01-02-09 03:51 PM
    Because it makes people wonder why it's so great, that's why...
    01-02-09 04:13 PM
    Trackball is so much convenient...and the blackberry OS is so much better than window mobile..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-09 04:33 PM
    Very dependable!
    01-02-09 04:38 PM
    I love,love,love my Blackberry I had it for only 4 weeks now, and the only time it's not in my hand is when I'm in the shower.
    Thanks for all the help and tips I've gotten Crackberry these past 4 weeks.
    01-02-09 04:55 PM
    Because its a blackberry! Nuff said!

01-02-09 05:37 PM
    Why do I love my BB? We live in an electronic,information- based age. As a professional driver, I have had to stop for hours to resolve problems in the past. My family, all who are linked via electronic means, would often spend time waiting for information to get to me, and I would have to stop and find a working payphone to start a daisy chain of calls, often missing vital changes and being overtaken by events.

The advent of affordable cell phones helped, but with the past coverage problems, even then I'd miss things until I could get into a service area for my msgs to d/l.

Now my messages drop in, I have options of how to reply, and I can make changes on the fly. I can gps locate services I need in seconds, and don't have to wait for my dispatcher to read my satcom msg, go to the web, then send a message back to tell me what I need to know. No more time lost getting to a pay kiosk and dropping 25 cents a minute or finding it broken and wasting more time not informed.

No longer do I sit and have to find something to occupy my wair time at a shipper por receiver. If I have load damage or problems, I can take pics, shoot em to dispatch and the shipper so we're not having miscues. I can take my training courses online. I don't have to spend money on a wireless device for a laptop that has its own set of problems to deal with.

In all, many problems solved by a device not much larger than a deck of playing cards, that might give me a few rounds of solitaire while the world turns speeds on by. And hey, I can still play the solitaire if it comes down to that!

01-02-09 06:16 PM
    1. Best Email + Legendary Battery Life.
    2. Device Navigation. I have yet to see anything better than the Option Button-Trackball-Back Button combo.
    3. Dependable. It just works.
    01-02-09 06:17 PM
    I dont get it, u chose a dedicated bb sight for use abusers to ask y we all think bb is so great? maybe its all the perks bb has 2 offers us abusers. You should take some time to think why bb doesnt work 4 you and maybe research phones that will work for you.That could be y ur not so "bb crazed" like the rest of us r, u just havent found ur "click" as far as phones goes.
    01-02-09 08:12 PM
    Is this a serious question?

A "so so PDA". I had a Palm Treo, then a Motorola Q before finally coming over to the BB. Palm's OS is tired and Windows Mobile sucks! VZW wireless sync is also an absolute joke. Combine that with the embarassing battery life of most WM devices and you're really left with no other choice. I have had a 7250, 8703e, and now an 8330. They were all better than Palm and the Q.

1. Most stable OS of any PDA/Smartphone I've ever had

2. Signal quality is better than the Palm Treo and heads and shoulders above the Moto Q's.

3. True push e-mail that is best in class. I agree with another poster here; my email messages hit my berry before they hit my inbox in Outlook.

4. Personally, I dislike the trackball. I thought the thumbwheel was better (i know I'm in the minority on this one).

5 . IT JUST WORKS, ALL THE TIME, EVERY TIME!

6. The original poster made a comment about the startup speed of the device. Here is the only area where Palm is a winner. However, the WM devices are painfully slow, both start up and shut down...

There is just no comparison, the berry rules!
    01-03-09 06:15 PM
    Heck, I hardly even use my personal laptop anymore. And the BES integration is awesome. It allows me to be more productive and to get more work done, whether I'm on the train headed into the city or killing a few minutes waiting for an appointment.
    01-04-09 11:35 AM
    Yeah! What she said!!
    I'll second that! lol
    01-04-09 12:15 PM
    Definetley the most stable os available. The best business tool you could invest in.I've used windows mobile, palm, and I have to say that BB are definetley the best!

01-04-09 03:29 PM
    Blackberry ftw!

01-05-09 12:39 AM

Ok -- maybe you guys can teach me something...I can't get it to delete my mail from the server if I'm using my BB...As in, it comes into my BB, I read it, then delete it from the BB. I still have to go back to my desktop and delete my email when I get home, or go through the gmail app (when I'd rather it just sync from my BB email box).

If anyone can give me any tips or help, I'd be thrilled!

Thanks in advance!
    01-05-09 12:51 AM
    1) Extremely stable OS.
    2) Great build quality.
    3) E-mail system is second to none. I don't know why you think reconcile is terrible. BIS is for quick retrieval and response to e-mail, not a desktop replacement.
    4) If you're integrating with a work system, BES is great. Otherwise you don't need it. Just get a gmail and google sync, and you'll sync your calendar and contacts wirelessly.
    5) BATTERY LIFE is second to none. I challenge anyone on a Windows Mobile device use theirs as heavily and have it last like a blackberry.
    6) Media may not be as open as Windows Mobile, but compare it to the God of all Media, the iPhone, and it's comparable in compatibility (the iPhone doesn't play everything, either).
    7) GPS is unlocked. If you're talking A-GPS (as you say, VPS), then that is still locked.
    8) Startup times are much faster with the new OS. Should be released soon.

Is the Blackberry for everyone? No, but the more you use it, the more you learn about it. It's a great tool. If you think it's not for you, then get something else.

BTW, the BIS service = e-mail & web for smartphone. BES = unlimited data for smartphone. Service charges are the same.
    Yeah - What he said!
    01-05-09 06:40 AM
    Ok -- maybe you guys can teach me something...I can't get it to delete my mail from the server if I'm using my BB...As in, it comes into my BB, I read it, then delete it from the BB. I still have to go back to my desktop and delete my email when I get home, or go through the gmail app (when I'd rather it just sync from my BB email box).

If anyone can give me any tips or help, I'd be thrilled!

Thanks in advance!
    Are you BIS or BES?
    01-05-09 06:41 AM
    Speaking only of my curve, its a solid hand set. I've put it through its paces, and it still comes out on top. Ill admit, instead of my berry I almost got a Q, but I didn't like the hand set or windows mobile. But what it comes down to is preference, what do you want and need? Some people are berry people, some people are Q, some are palm. In the wonderful world of technology, nothing will be 100% perfect for everyone.

Myself, I'm a Blackberry man. : )

01-05-09 09:55 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD