And you can get unlimited everything with Tmobile now for less the $200. Look at their even more plus. Its not even a contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Check the details of that no contract plan, and see what you're getting with it....there was a comparison sent out I don't remember where it came from but if I find it I'll post it. But from what I saw on there the "non" contract part also meant you didn't get discounted upgrades any longer....there's always a downside.
    11-14-09 02:28 AM
    As a longtime Sprint/Nextel customer, I have to agree that their CS has improved so much in the last 3 years or so. Their plans are unbeatable, and their phone selection has improved greatly. Being a Sprint Premier customer gets me upgrades every year (instead of 2) which gets me the latest in technology. People who hate either have crappy service (so just find a different carrier with better service for YOU- not really that difficult) or they have had a phone they just don't understand (need I say more ?) Or just some rude CS rep, which happens everywhere. I'm staying on the Sprint ship, cause she sails so smoothly !!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 09:41 AM
    Cust service may have improved but still has a long way to go. Recently received a mailing trumpeting my Sprint premier status. The mailing tells me I can go to my Sprint online acct and look under the premier page to find my handset upgrade elig date. So I log on to my acct, go to the Sprint premier page and NO ELIG DATE. Something there says to look under phones so I do and can't find it there either. NOW I'm mad because I've looked everywhere Sprint said to look and no upgrade date. Call cust service and get a rep who wants to help but she couldn't find it on the Sprint site either even after I give her my user name and password. A simple thing like 'go here to see your upgrade date' and Sprint makes it an ordeal. I am pretty certain it doesn't matter what my upgrade date is I won't be signing another 2 year contract with Sprint. I really tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and wanted to see them succeed but if they can't do better than that I won't stay with them. They sent me a mailing telling me where to get info then when I go where directed not only is the info not there but it isn't anywhere I could find it. Sprint can keep their early upgrade on THIS premier member I won't be using it. When you know your phone cs is some of the worst in the industry it is unforgivable to have the jumbled mess they CALL a website.
    11-14-09 05:23 PM
    Cust service may have improved but still has a long way to go. Recently received a mailing trumpeting my Sprint premier status. The mailing tells me I can go to my Sprint online acct and look under the premier page to find my handset upgrade elig date. So I log on to my acct, go to the Sprint premier page and NO ELIG DATE. Something there says to look under phones so I do and can't find it there either. NOW I'm mad because I've looked everywhere Sprint said to look and no upgrade date. Call cust service and get a rep who wants to help but she couldn't find it on the Sprint site either even after I give her my user name and password. A simple thing like 'go here to see your upgrade date' and Sprint makes it an ordeal. I am pretty certain it doesn't matter what my upgrade date is I won't be signing another 2 year contract with Sprint. I really tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and wanted to see them succeed but if they can't do better than that I won't stay with them. They sent me a mailing telling me where to get info then when I go where directed not only is the info not there but it isn't anywhere I could find it. Sprint can keep their early upgrade on THIS premier member I won't be using it. When you know your phone cs is some of the worst in the industry it is unforgivable to have the jumbled mess they CALL a website.
    So you are upset that you couldn't find where it says your upgrade is eligible on the Sprint site? My three year old can find it, its as plain as day right on the site. I think I'd be embarrassed to post that this is Sprint's fault. I'll try and help you though. Log into your Sprint account, look to the right where it says "I want to" then go down to the bottom and select upgrade this phone. Select a phone from the list, any phone, and it will tell you when you are due for an upgrade. As an aside, if you are a S|P member, you get an upgrade after 12 months, so how about going to look at when your contract fulfillment is up, and say its up in December 8, 2010, you are eligible for an upgrade this Dec 8th. Bash CS all you want, but its your own inability to look around the site and see that the information you want is right there.

Enjoy your new carrier.
    11-14-09 06:46 PM
    So you are upset that you couldn't find where it says your upgrade is eligible on the Sprint site? My three year old can find it, its as plain as day right on the site. I think I'd be embarrassed to post that this is Sprint's fault. I'll try and help you though. Log into your Sprint account, look to the right where it says "I want to" then go down to the bottom and select upgrade this phone. Select a phone from the list, any phone, and it will tell you when you are due for an upgrade. As an aside, if you are a S|P member, you get an upgrade after 12 months, so how about going to look at when your contract fulfillment is up, and say its up in December 8, 2010, you are eligible for an upgrade this Dec 8th. Bash CS all you want, but its your own inability to look around the site and see that the information you want is right there.

Enjoy your new carrier.
    The mailing I received from Sprint didn't say to pretend you were actually going to upgrade by picking a phone and dummying an order it said to just go to the premier page under my acct to 'see your handset upgrade elig date'. Its good to know that if I want to verify my upgrade date I can do that but it would be much better if I could just sign on to my acct and find it. Why should anyone have to go thru the steps of picking a phone they don't want just to see an elig date. I only access my Sprint acct thru bolt and its not fun to have to go thru so many added steps just to get basic info. Pick a phone and say you want to upgrade to see the date is not a good customer service experience when Sprint could just display the date kinda like the mailing they sent me said they would. I am not embarrassed at all to admit that I NEVER considered that in order to see my elig date I would have to go thru the steps of actually picking a phone to upgrade to BEFORE he system would display a date. Yes I knew when I signed and what 1 year later is but I wanted to confirm that premier status affected the date and see it in the system. To say that sprints way of doing this is reasonable and complaining about it is bashing is a bit of a stretch. Is it a big deal? No but customer service lives and dies in the details and its the little things like this that should have no excuses. You say 'pick a phone and try to upgrade to see your date' is good cs? How about make such basic info clearly available especially if you send out mailers telling people where to go to find it. It should of been so simple to get that info, it wasn't, it isn't and that's not good customer service.
    11-14-09 07:39 PM
    Ok so it may have pissed you off that you received that mailer and couldn't find it. But how is that a Customer Service rep's fault? It may be Sprint's fault but not the person's on the phone. They change that website all the time and guess what? They don't tell us reps what they've changed either. We kind of learn it along with you.
    11-14-09 07:48 PM
    Ok so it may have pissed you off that you received that mailer and couldn't find it. But how is that a Customer Service rep's fault? It may be Sprint's fault but not the person's on the phone. They change that website all the time and guess what? They don't tell us reps what they've changed either. We kind of learn it along with you.
    Babyk80 I never said the rep was at fault. I tried to convey I wasn't blaming the rep when I said I spoke to a rep who 'wanted to help'. The comment about the worst phone cs in the industry was a reference to past, not current, assessments. My real gripe was/is the website. Yeah I admit that having to access thru Bolt browser magnifies the problems with the site so its not ALL sprints fault. Even with a pc though Sprint has a pretty unfriendly site to navigate. After signing on if you do select 'I want to upgrade' you still have to enter a zip code before you get to phone selection. AFTER SIGNING ON even though your address is known by the system. Even on the occasions when I've used a pc the Sprint site is not user friendly. Not blaming the reps but I can see how you perceived it that way so I apologize for any unintended offense.
    Last edited by gsoscott; 11-14-09 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spell check
    11-14-09 08:28 PM
    It's all good I was just curious. I agree the website isn't the best so you're not offending me, they've even made some recent changes and I can't stand what they've done w/the search option, I used to be able to find stuff I searched for and now it seems to be rather difficult. As far as the premier HUP (handset upgrade) sometimes I can find it by clicking on the SlP link, other times it's just not there....odd I know, I wish I had an explanation for you.
    11-15-09 03:54 AM
    Babyk80 I never said the rep was at fault. I tried to convey I wasn't blaming the rep when I said I spoke to a rep who 'wanted to help'. The comment about the worst phone cs in the industry was a reference to past, not current, assessments. My real gripe was/is the website. Yeah I admit that having to access thru Bolt browser magnifies the problems with the site so its not ALL sprints fault. Even with a pc though Sprint has a pretty unfriendly site to navigate. After signing on if you do select 'I want to upgrade' you still have to enter a zip code before you get to phone selection. AFTER SIGNING ON even though your address is known by the system. Even on the occasions when I've used a pc the Sprint site is not user friendly. Not blaming the reps but I can see how you perceived it that way so I apologize for any unintended offense.
    I apologize for my snarky sounding post. (Bad day etc.). I agree the site is not the best to navigate, and I'm not sure why its so difficult to find. I just found it bizarre that someone would leave a carrier because they had some difficulty navigating the site to find their upgrade. I mean, if everything else works for you, and you are happy with your plan, and service, it just seems so trivial. It should be easier to find, but being S|P memeber, all you have to know is you get it every 12 months (full upgrade), and just check your contract fulfillment date. Again, sorry for sounding like a ******, wasn't my intention.
    11-15-09 04:59 PM
    No offense taken here either, Semantics. Now that I've had the chance to vent and calm down a bit I have to agree with you that it was a trivial issue. Truth is I AM happy with my plan, phone and coverage. I realize that even though Sprint is the #3 ranked carrier they still have nearly 50 million customers and mistakes will happen. Being able to vent once in a while sure helps and its nice to have a place like crackberry to be able to do that. I am always up for a good debate and didn't take anything you said personally so no apology necessary. Maybe Sprint can take a cue from crackberry and design a mobile friendly web site for their customers to use to help them manage their accts. The site they have now is just too big, trying to do too much and not even remotely mobile friendly. Thanks, all, for letting me vent and keeping me focused.
    11-15-09 07:29 PM
    Just to tell a story about sprints "horrible customer service"...
    I called inquiring about my phone upgrade that i am going to use at the end of the month.. Very nice woman on the phone and we talked for a little.. told her about my curve and i wanted the tour but not till the essex but i am leaning towards the samsung moment and hero right now... So told me her opinion on the hero v moment (going with the moment) and i asked her about any rumoured phones upcoming.. She checked and said there were no new ones currently, but they dont get told until a week before sprint officials says they are getting it.. Then she had the nerve to tell me she would call back in a week after attempting to find more information.. And what do you know.. She actually called me back in a week and just wanted to follow up with me if i wanted the moment and told me she hadn't heard word of any new berrys or android phones... Damn that is horrible customer service.. She actually did what she said she would do and went the extra mile
    11-16-09 07:34 AM
    I called inquiring about my phone upgrade that i am going to use at the end of the month.. Very nice woman on the phone and we talked for a little.. told her about my curve and i wanted the tour but not till the essex but i am leaning towards the samsung moment and hero right now... So told me her opinion on the hero v moment (going with the moment) and i asked her about any rumoured phones upcoming.. She checked and said there were no new ones currently, but they dont get told until a week before sprint officials says they are getting it.. Then she had the nerve to tell me she would call back in a week after attempting to find more information.. And what do you know.. She actually called me back in a week and just wanted to follow up with me if i wanted the moment and told me she hadn't heard word of any new berrys or android phones... Damn that is horrible customer service.. She actually did what she said she would do and went the extra mile
    Stories like that just make me want to run to T-Mobile or AT&T with their garbage coverage, voice quality and pricing. lol
    11-16-09 08:44 AM
    No offense taken here either, Semantics. Now that I've had the chance to vent and calm down a bit I have to agree with you that it was a trivial issue. Truth is I AM happy with my plan, phone and coverage. I realize that even though Sprint is the #3 ranked carrier they still have nearly 50 million customers and mistakes will happen. Being able to vent once in a while sure helps and its nice to have a place like crackberry to be able to do that. I am always up for a good debate and didn't take anything you said personally so no apology necessary. Maybe Sprint can take a cue from crackberry and design a mobile friendly web site for their customers to use to help them manage their accts. The site they have now is just too big, trying to do too much and not even remotely mobile friendly. Thanks, all, for letting me vent and keeping me focused.
    The easiest way to check your upgrade status is the following link:

https: //manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/RebateWelcome.do?PCode=vanity:upgrades

(Note: remove the space between https: and // (since I don't have at least 10 posts I'm not allowed to post a link)

You don't even have to login to your account. All you do is enter your phone number and billing zip code and click Check Eligibility.
    11-16-09 09:05 AM
    Such aweful CS, Sprint is a disgrace!
    11-16-09 09:22 AM
    I think Sprint CS is great now!! I had lost my phone after only having it for a few weeks and called them for a replacement. The CSR immediately turned my service off so no one could use it and put in a request to have a new one sent to me. Within 2 days I had a new phone!! I've called them other times to help me set up new devices before but never had an issue with them.

I hope you got her name and reported her
    11-16-09 10:57 AM
    I have been a sprint customer for like 7 years and have never had a problem with them. I have 3 phones all with unlimited data plans for $200 a month. The signal is great. I even get one at my in-laws in the mountains of Arkansas with no problem. Never been anywhere I have not had a signal. I love my blackberry tour. Have tried just about every phone out there and personally hate the touchscreens. I love to text and am a mobile facebook freak. Touchscreen keyboard just plain suck.
    11-16-09 07:09 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD