So you can't use all the features normally available to Android devices?

I've had both AirVoice and now Pure Talk. I'm unable to send MMS's or use LTE data because they lock the APN. I can remove the sim card and have access to all the settings, but pop the sim card back in and woosh, everything but the APN is locked down. Help me to understand why please.
    09-17-15 02:37 PM
    I don't think it's the MVNOs themselves--it's AT&T. And the reason they do it is because a lot of MVNOs (which presently includes Airvoice and included Pure TalkUSA until July) don't have access to LTE, so they don't want people manually entering the LTE APNs and bypassing the network agreement their MVNO may have with AT&T. But if I recall correctly, AT&T does this even for their own customers, which if true, just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe their approach just requires a total lock down.

Anyway, for MMS, have you checked MMS settings in the Hub? They may still be accessible there. Hub>Settings>Text Messages>MMS>Advanced (the little slider)>MMSC Settings.
    09-17-15 03:21 PM
    I've checked everything I can get my hand's on including Hub settings>text>..., (which allow me to input all the settings when the SIM card is removed). Unfortunately the revert to just the APN when the SIM card is re-inserted. I've tried different APN's like PRODATA, phone, tfdata (t-mo). Fill in the blank. I've tried every one I could find, even one's not associated with AT&T mvno's. The only APN that works is att.mvno on either of those providers.

I just cant fathom why they would lock it down. Are they still (AT&T??) still living in the past?

It's frustrating at best.
    09-17-15 03:31 PM
    [QUOTE=Rustybronco;11930746]The only APN that works is att.mvno on either of those providers.

Weird. Pure TalkUSA even lists the APN settings on their site, so they should work: https://www.puretalkusa.com/phone_programming.php

Have you tried calling customer service and telling them you need to activate a new phone? It's probably best to tell them it's an Android because they "don't support BlackBerrys." Sometimes it's a provisioning issue.
    09-17-15 03:39 PM
    Yes I did call. Sorry, we don't support Blackberry. Personally I do think it's a provisioning issue, but everything I've been able to read points to the SIM card. I can't grumble too much as the plan I'm on cost a mear $12.95 a month which fits my needs perfectly, so changing to another provider is more or less out of the picture. I have been uploading pictures to Mega and texting the link for them. It's a workable solution but sending them directly would be a whole lot better.

Data does work even though it's not LTE. (haven't ran a speed test to know what speeds I'm getting)
    09-17-15 05:08 PM
    Raino, I've been reading a few of your previous posts. (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-isnt-1034688/)
    Sounds like the carrier blocking access to it. It could be something they just do (like AT&T here in the US,) or your phone's not provisioned properly, which can happen with unsupported phones.
    Do you think it might help if I call and give them the IEMI of my wife's LG F6? And, if so, should I insert the SIM into her phone before calling?

T.I.A.
    09-18-15 02:39 PM
    Do you think it might help if I call and give them the IEMI of my wife's LG F6? And, if so, should I insert the SIM into her phone before calling?
    I'd try the SIM card in her phone. Not because it needs to be for provisioning per se, but if this LG F6 is an LTE phone, it will at least go to testing your SIM card.

But what I think needs to happen here is that the phone needs to be provisioned. So yeah--I'd give them your wife's IMEI#, but I would replace the last two numbers with zeros. It's usually the first six or eight digits that matter anyways; they are the ones that identify the manufacturer+make.
    09-18-15 07:54 PM
    I pulled the sim and placed it into my wife's LG F6. I could set the APN'S, configure MMSC and populate all the other fields. I checked network and it said GSM-UMTS-LTE, but all I was getting was UMTS. We should have LTE here but I wouldn't discount it as not working properly without a bit more test time.

I put the SIM back in my phone, rebooted and it showed SIM not detected. I had to remove and replace the SIM a few more times before the network came back up. When it did it showed H at first then 4g and finally 4G but still no LTE. Don't know for certain what if anything this did accomplish other than kill a few more brain cells when the SIM errored out , but it appeared to me as the network came back on line, I 'could' edit the APN until they pushed the att.mvno APN. (I had inputted PRODATA)

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 02:43 PM
    I pulled the sim and placed it into my wife's LG F6. I could set the APN'S, configure MMSC and populate all the other fields. I checked network and it said GSM-UMTS-LTE, but all I was getting was UMTS. We should have LTE here but I wouldn't discount it as not working properly without a bit more test time.
    OK, so it seems to be a common issue between the two phones that you aren't getting LTE. Are you sure you are using the latest, LTE capable SIMs from your carrier? If you think so, call customer service and have them deal with the "easy" phone first--your wife's. If they somehow fix the problem during the call, have them try yours too, with the dummy IMEI.
    09-19-15 08:15 PM
    With my SIM in place on the Z10, the escreen shows GSM+WCDMA . On the LG it showed GSM-UTMS-LTE so I don't think it's the SIM card. (she doesn't have data on her account) My SIM was purchased in April of this year and my wife's was purchased in July. They could be old stock but I really doubt that would be the case with both. I may pick up a fresh AT&T and see if they will do a SIM change, or obtain a SIM for a different provider and try their service to see if all features work, or I may just call it a day and work with what I have. Either way thanks for all you've done so far.

EDIT...
    Per this link https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=SxFoDxvX the 9th and 10th digits tell whether or not the SIM card is LTE capable. 23 being non LTE and 27 having LTE capabilities. Mine card has the 27 in those two positions.

2nd EDIT...
    An AT&T SIM is 89 01 410 4 25. (8901410425XXXXXXXXXXX). I wonder if 'they??' will be able to push the correct settings to this card when it's activated? Only one way to find out. Purchase a card, activate it with a different MVNO and shove it into my phone. (As it appears so far, a 27 or 28 I.D.'d card may be the route to go. I'll see if I can find a card with 28 on it.)

3rd EDIT...
    It looks like the 27 and 28 SIM's may be VoLTE capable cards per... http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...overage/page17

The 9th and 10th digits of a Vo LTE-capable UICC-G SIM
    card will be either 27 or 28. If you don't have a UICC-G
    SIM you can get one at an AT&T store. For help, call
    800.901.9878 (611 from your AT&T wireless phone).
    4th EDIT...
    Tried this... http://forums.crackberry.com/other-u...orking-922091/
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 09-21-15 at 01:04 PM.
    09-19-15 10:13 PM
    Pure Talk Technical support how can I help you?

Me. Does my line need to be provisioned for LTE?
    PT. Yes it does.
    Me.
    PT. How old is your sim card?
    Me. From around April.
    PT. Just to let you know, if this doesn't work you may need a new SIM card.
    Me. According to what I could find on the internet it should work. Supposedly if the 9th and 10th digits are 27 or 28 it is already LTE capable. Would you like the SIM card number?
    PT. No.
    Me. One more thing, my phone is a Blackberry...
    PT. Pause... Ok, ah, let me see what I can find out. (pouring over her charts)
    Me. Hey, It isn't working now so if you can't get it going it's not any worse than it already is now.
    PT. Ok, I just pushed it to your phone. You will need to reboot you phone for it to take effect.
    Me. Ok, (planning on telling her I'll hang up and reboot it afterwards). Wait, LTE just popped up on my phone. Looks like I don't need to reboot it.
    PT-Me Idle chatter about I can always hope MMS now works. No big loss if it doesn't. (A bit of chatter of the personal nature.. Yes, even though I can't see you those earring really do make you look pretty! You have to have heard the complete conversation to understand. A little more talk about loving you long time for getting this working )
    PT. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Me. No and thank you again for all you have done.

(MMS didn't work)

raino likes this.
    09-23-15 05:41 PM
    Sweet! What do your APN values read as, now that you've gotten LTE working?

Re: MMS, have you tried the MMS settings (through the Hub) since you got LTE working? They were:

Code:
    MMSC URL: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    Proxy URL: proxy.mobile.att.net
    Rustybronco likes this.
    09-23-15 10:06 PM
    After she pushed it to the phone, the APN stayed the same as it was -att.mvno. Afterwards I went and changed it to prodata to see if it would muck things up but it still worked. I have yet to try reverting it back to att.mvno. The letter case made no difference either. PRODATA and prodata are both seen as the same value just like att.mvno and ATT.MVNO were.

There still isn't any place to set or change MMS in the hub. They are non existent just like before.

I take what I can get.
    09-23-15 10:57 PM
    There still isn't any place to set or change MMS in the hub. They are non existent just like before.
    I know this is old, but I have the same issue with MMS. I am using Red Pocket (AT&T MVNO) and with their sim in my Classic, the MMS settings are blocked. When I put a T-mobile sim in the phone, the MMS settings reappear. I also tried putting in an AT&T Go Phone sim in the phone and the MMS settings are available then as well.

My phone has been unlocked (SQC100-4). My wife has an android and with the same Red Pocket sim, she is able to edit her MMS settings. It's as though AT&T has blocked Blackberry phones from using MMS on the AT&T MVNO's.
    nhatanh181 likes this.
    02-23-17 12:51 PM
    It's the fault of the carrier. In this case, AT&T.
    02-23-17 02:56 PM
    An update to my ATT MVNO problem with getting MMS to work. I signed up for Consumer Cellular using my Classic and everything works. I now have access to the MMS settings, get LTE, etc., all on AT&T networks.
    03-20-17 11:56 AM
    I know this is old, but I have the same issue with MMS. I am using Red Pocket (AT&T MVNO) and with their sim in my Classic, the MMS settings are blocked. When I put a T-mobile sim in the phone, the MMS settings reappear. I also tried putting in an AT&T Go Phone sim in the phone and the MMS settings are available then as well.

My phone has been unlocked (SQC100-4). My wife has an android and with the same Red Pocket sim, she is able to edit her MMS settings. It's as though AT&T has blocked Blackberry phones from using MMS on the AT&T MVNO's.
    Same problem here with red pocket and passport.
    02-18-18 01:51 PM
    After she pushed it to the phone, the APN stayed the same as it was -att.mvno. Afterwards I went and changed it to prodata to see if it would muck things up but it still worked. I have yet to try reverting it back to att.mvno. The letter case made no difference either. PRODATA and prodata are both seen as the same value just like att.mvno and ATT.MVNO were.

I take what I can get.
    Im having the same problem with red pocket. Do i need to tell him/her to push "something" to my phone? Sorry, im not quite understand the technology behind it, just want to fix the situation.
    02-18-18 01:55 PM
    I don't think it's the MVNOs themselves--it's AT&T. And the reason they do it is because a lot of MVNOs (which presently includes Airvoice and included Pure TalkUSA until July) don't have access to LTE, so they don't want people manually entering the LTE APNs and bypassing the network agreement their MVNO may have with AT&T. But if I recall correctly, AT&T does this even for their own customers, which if true, just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe their approach just requires a total lock down.

Anyway, for MMS, have you checked MMS settings in the Hub? They may still be accessible there. Hub>Settings>Text Messages>MMS>Advanced (the little slider)>MMSC Settings.
    Your correct on all points. Also AT&T requires the phone to be registered this includes calling with the IME number. The phone will function with the AT&T sim but the network will not pick up all the services. I spoke in length about this with my companies corporate rep. She explained a few years ago un registered and unlocked phones caused all kinds of system issues. From that point on the phone had to be registered to the account and IME docked to the system.
    02-18-18 03:00 PM