i cant upgrade mine until 2011...

this suckzzzzzzzzz
    11-20-09 03:45 PM
    Well I believe there are several fake reps floating around too, so don't try to get an impression about reps from any company unless you know they are a real rep.
    I have a better idea, ignore this stuff. This is the *internet* where false claims are the order the of day.
    11-20-09 03:57 PM
    Thank you for restating what I said in different words.....it reads much better.
    11-20-09 04:10 PM
    The answer is yes we can smoke crack off work too... But thats illegal coming on here and telling someone they are whining isn't.
    You might want to check the employee code regarding drug use. If it is actually okay, per VZW, to do illicit drugs off the clock, maybe the world should be made aware that VZW hires crackheads, dopers & tweakers. After all, these VZW people have access to all sorts of customer data. Shouldn't they be alerted that their CPNI could be in the hands of a junkie looking for a fix?

Let's keep it up. Many reps here are doing a fine job proving to people that much of what they thought was true about VZW is a mirage - maybe another carrier can't be as bad as what the VZW crackheads claim.

I mean, Sprint & AT&T terminate people who test positive.

Regardless of the realities - your statement just made you look bad & cast irreparable doubt on your integrity - worse, it reflects poorly on VZW & VZW employees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 06:32 PM
    You might want to check the employee code regarding drug use. If it is actually okay, per VZW, to do illicit drugs off the clock, maybe the world should be made aware that VZW hires crackheads, dopers & tweakers. After all, these VZW people have access to all sorts of customer data. Shouldn't they be alerted that their CPNI could be in the hands of a junkie looking for a fix?

Let's keep it up. Many reps here are doing a fine job proving to people that much of what they thought was true about VZW is a mirage - maybe another carrier can't be as bad as what the VZW crackheads claim.

I mean, Sprint & AT&T terminate people who test positive.

Regardless of the realities - your statement just made you look bad & cast irreparable doubt on your integrity - worse, it reflects poorly on VZW & VZW employees.

I smoke a bunch of meth and then jot down customers SSNs and credit card numbers while at work.... Is that really wrong to do? Another rep never told me that (<---blueskyes jab)
    11-22-09 03:41 PM
    Verizon told me to update my e-mail when I logged onto my account online, so I think I may get the deal soon....hopefully.
    11-22-09 08:32 PM
    Do your friends currently have smart phones? VZW is giving private sales to these that have regular dumb phones to get them to upgrade to higher pricing.
    11-22-09 09:13 PM
    i cant upgrade mine until 2011...

this suckzzzzzzzzz
    (said with a thick italian accent) - this mak-a no sens. yu si, even with just-a fo-d-nine dolla plan u'z getsa annual up-a grade
    Last edited by hal1; 11-22-09 at 09:26 PM.
    11-22-09 09:15 PM
    I don't understand the reverence for someone who is, or claims to be a Rep for a cell phone provider. I mean, they'll take anyone with a G.E.D. or High School diploma. They are in line with any fast food cashier, or grocery store clerk, yet here, they are put on this pedestal for some strange reason. I've spoken to rep's from the top three carriers since I've been using cellphones, both in stores and over the telephone. I've never gotten the impression, ever, that this person is exceedingly bright, and knows his stuff. I get the impression that he/she is waiting for the clock to tick so they can get out of the store and go drink beer.

Obviously, I'm certain there are some very bright reps, or under achievers, etc. I'm just saying, stop into any store, for any carrier, and you'll likely be greeted by someone who is as sharp as a butter knife. Maybe its because they have the massive responsibility of holding your upgrade in their powerful hands, I don't know, I just don't get the reverence. No disrespect meant to the very helpful reps here.
    11-22-09 10:37 PM
    I don't understand the reverence for someone who is, or claims to be a Rep for a cell phone provider. I mean, they'll take anyone with a G.E.D. or High School diploma. They are in line with any fast food cashier, or grocery store clerk, yet here, they are put on this pedestal for some strange reason. I've spoken to rep's from the top three carriers since I've been using cellphones, both in stores and over the telephone. I've never gotten the impression, ever, that this person is exceedingly bright, and knows his stuff. I get the impression that he/she is waiting for the clock to tick so they can get out of the store and go drink beer.

Obviously, I'm certain there are some very bright reps, or under achievers, etc. I'm just saying, stop into any store, for any carrier, and you'll likely be greeted by someone who is as sharp as a butter knife. Maybe its because they have the massive responsibility of holding your upgrade in their powerful hands, I don't know, I just don't get the reverence. No disrespect meant to the very helpful reps here.
    Agreed for a lot of reps... I deal with them everyday.. real morons.. oh and you'll find that in any industry! Just look at Congress or the White House!!

Now let the flame war begin..

11-22-09 10:43 PM

TBQH, The same can be said about police officers. There are so many times I've dealt with officers that I have NO idea how they got hired. Not knowing the law, citing for legal things. They have this houlier than though attitude too.
    11-22-09 11:13 PM
    Hmmm all my previous posts are gone. And now this post became a thread to insult people, their intelligence and job eligibilty. Might as well close this. Its becoming a hate-a-thon.
    11-22-09 11:17 PM
    TBQH, The same can be said about police officers. There are so many times I've dealt with officers that I have NO idea how they got hired. Not knowing the law, citing for legal things. They have this houlier than though attitude too.
    Yeah, this is true. Some departments do not require a college education for Police Officers. Luckily, this is changing in a lot of places. I'm sure it won't change in the cell phone rep industry.
    11-22-09 11:28 PM
    I heard from a reliable Verizon source (and family member) that if you are labeled within the company's system as a VIP or a VIC (very important customer), then you can definitely upgrade early. Not sure of the exact criteria for reaching the VIC status - probably a combo of average $ paid, lines, and years with provider.

I'll try to find out and post that info here.
    11-22-09 11:38 PM
    I completely agree; the OP isn't whining, he's trying to understand how people were selected for an offer he believes he should qualify for. I agree with him. If his spend is really $120/mo (btw I envy you) that's $2400/yr x 2 yrs = $4800 in service during his contract term. Okay so if he upgrades at 20 months it's a little less than that, but still. Perhaps part of the "targeting" intentionally excludes based on monthly spend - meaning if you spend, say, $79 a month total you might get the offer, if you're over that you won't. Why would that make (a little) sense? Because it would show an effort on VZW to, perhaps, upsell additional products and services to increase the targeted customers' monthly spend. Just a stab in the dark though... they could simply be using a random number generator

Briefly regarding reps, there are some very helpful ones on here: Weekend bum being a perfect example. Others, on the other hand, seem to be taking out their frustrations from work on people on CB. Just my opinion.
    I pay $120 monthly and that's with a discount and I got the early upgrade. So there is no rhyme or reason as far as I know...maybe the OP will get an email or letter in the mail saying that they can do an early upgrade and get it cheaper than what some of us did....or maybe they can call and ask to see if they can get an early upgrade.
    11-23-09 12:08 AM
    I asked a rep once about the VIP thing and he said that it was because I had the 79.99 individual plan and people who have that and over get the VIP thing, I also have bb data, vvm and phone insurance i don't even use half of my 900 anytime minutes but I keep it that way because they usually always send me stuff to upgrade my phone every 8 months the rep said if i drop it that I would be off the VIP list....who knows hopefully when I graduate in CS I will have enough money to just buy them willy nilly
    11-23-09 02:20 AM
    I feel you and it sucks that you didn't get the offer. I too didn't get an email but I did switch out my plan to the family shared plan which works out for my boyfriend and I and I got my Storm2 @ the 2yr contract plan. Sometimes, companies will give out the promotions to certain people because they want those individuals to stay w/ the company, i.e-the ones who only been around 1 year vs customer like us who been around longer.
    11-23-09 10:01 AM
    Yeah, this is true. Some departments do not require a college education for Police Officers. Luckily, this is changing in a lot of places. I'm sure it won't change in the cell phone rep industry.
    While studies have shown that college educated people seem to be less likely to get officer complaints, they're more likely to move from department to department, more likely to get promoted and/or quit because they feel like their degree with take them further. Also a college degree has very good background information for officers and teaches the process of the criminal justice system well (I'm almost done w/ bach in CJ) but, from what I've heard & seen, it has very little practical field application.
    11-23-09 04:40 PM
    Pfft, I'm not frustrated at Verizon as much as I am RIM. The Storm is a better phone now than it was at release, but it's a pig in a poke compared to the Storm 2 (with it's update too ... sigh) or the Droid.

I'm not leaving Verizon, but RIM? A definite maybe. I have a $220 per month bill w/ 2 Blackberries -- and I didn't get the opportunity to swap my Storm early. That might be the best thing for RIM, because if I had the chance, I'd swap out for another phone in a second ... but maybe not a Blackberry.

In the "I heard from a friend of a friend of a rep's friend's dog's groomer's boyfriend department" ... The FoFoRFDGBF thought that those of us under the older/cheaper ETF might get a chance to upgrade early after Black Friday just to move us over to the newer $350 ETF. I'm not sure that would solve too much, but it would get me to spend another $150 in accessories on top of the phone for Christmas.

But we'll see. Personally, like I said, for me it's more an issue of RIM rushing the original Storm out the door than anything Verizon's done.
    11-23-09 07:48 PM
    While studies have shown that college educated people seem to be less likely to get officer complaints, they're more likely to move from department to department, more likely to get promoted and/or quit because they feel like their degree with take them further. Also a college degree has very good background information for officers and teaches the process of the criminal justice system well (I'm almost done w/ bach in CJ) but, from what I've heard & seen, it has very little practical field application.
    What most people fail to realize is, police officers generally start in their early 20's. Start at 22, and you can retire at 42, with a pension that is 50% of your highest three year average. So, bust your ****, work a ton of overtime, get around 120k a year for three out of your 20 years, and you retire with a 60k a year pension, for life. So now, you're 42, you can go get a federal job, making 50 or 60k a year, get another pension so when you're 62, you can retire comfortably. The real nice thing is, all of our college is paid for. I have a co worker who just received his masters in Pol Sci, we have more than one getting their law degree, so when they retire, they can practice law. The practical field application is meaningless. Work hard, and bust your hump till you get your 20, then go get yourself a safer job, with better/less hours, and enjoy your college education that is paid for by the state.

The state police for example in NY, require college. They are not hurting for applicants. The days of needing to be a big, burly, bruiser to be a cop are long gone. The vast majority of cops coming on, are right out of college, and are smart as ****.

People do not leave the Police Dept, for greener pastures. The lifetime benefits are hard to beat, and when you can retire with a huge pension at a very young age, then go grab yourself another full time job, and get another pension, you will see why people don't leave. They get fired, but they very, very, rarely, leave.
    Last edited by Semantics; 11-23-09 at 11:11 PM.
    11-23-09 11:08 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD