Really, it kind of ticks me off....

I am a good and loyal customer...been with VZW since 2001, pay my bill on time, upgrade my phone regularly (NE2).

So what gives? A whole bunch of people get early upgrade offers for Storm 2 or Droid...some of them only a few months in to their contract( mine is from early February).

VZW says the qualifications for this promotion are vague ( I fit the vagueness part) and they are secret (I don't fit the secret part)...some get it some don't.

Well I don't like it... it makes me feel like a second class customer. I am not part of their target...I have two lines and pay over $120 a month...it kind of ticks me off. If I knew the qualifications and did not qualify it would be fine, but for them to be secret...well it basically feels like VZW is saying they don't care about me, I am not important enough to them, they don't like me as a customer THAT much...they like these other guys better. LAME.
    11-19-09 03:56 PM
    I agree. Do it for all or not at all. Especially since its only customers with a storm that get it but then again some don't?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 04:16 PM
    I'm a Jan 09 storm Cust & never taken mine back like others have for sucky battery or the mAin reason can't login to tradeking.com cause popuP keybrd for passwrd will not load on storm os!!! Even my 2006 treo would login (wdos mble) & hold charge for days.. If there's chance I can upgrade early vzw better let me or i'll start exchanging every day!!!!! I Pay for ins too I haven't used.
    Last edited by stormwrec09; 11-19-09 at 04:37 PM.
    11-19-09 04:33 PM
    Meant: sucky; trek.
    Stupid word correction since upgrade
    11-19-09 04:46 PM
    Because I say so...

11-19-09 05:11 PM
    I wish I paid $120 a month.

11-19-09 05:52 PM
    I understand how you feel. I don't know why reps in here publicly ridicule customers. He's not asking for anything free. Back off. You make us look bad.

11-19-09 05:56 PM
    I don't know why reps in here publicly ridicule customers. He's not asking for anything free. Back off. You make us look bad.
    Agreed - the arrogance is really obvious. Coupled with the "that's what a rep told me" (so now you're rude, wrong AND a liar) or the "hey, I am off work now" (can you smoke crack off work too, ya dope?) attitudes, it is obvious why so many people hate VZW.

Yes, there are a lot of good reps - its just that the liars, the saps & the louts make more noise and are morr visible.

Just little things to think about when you realize that there are 310,000,000 people in this country - but VZW only has 87,000,000 lines. Nearly 3 of 4 do not have VZW. Much of it is because of the arrogance along the lines if those shown above.

11-19-09 06:57 PM
    Touche Twins. That will light some fires!

11-19-09 07:12 PM
    He's whining that he didn't get a special offer, what does he expect.

11-19-09 07:15 PM
    He's whining that he didn't get a special offer, what does he expect.

He's not whining. He's questioning the standards as to which customers get these targeted programs. I agree, I wish we knew how people got targeted just like we know how to become a vip. If a customer calls you and asks you why he didn't get picked for the promotion but his neighbor did are you going to say, "stop whining"

11-19-09 07:26 PM
    He's not whining. He's questioning the standards as to which customers get these targeted programs. I agree, I wish we knew how people got targeted just like we know how to become a vip. If a customer calls you and asks you why he didn't get picked for the promotion but his neighbor did are you going to say, "stop whining"

I completely agree; the OP isn't whining, he's trying to understand how people were selected for an offer he believes he should qualify for. I agree with him. If his spend is really $120/mo (btw I envy you) that's $2400/yr x 2 yrs = $4800 in service during his contract term. Okay so if he upgrades at 20 months it's a little less than that, but still. Perhaps part of the "targeting" intentionally excludes based on monthly spend - meaning if you spend, say, $79 a month total you might get the offer, if you're over that you won't. Why would that make (a little) sense? Because it would show an effort on VZW to, perhaps, upsell additional products and services to increase the targeted customers' monthly spend. Just a stab in the dark though... they could simply be using a random number generator

Briefly regarding reps, there are some very helpful ones on here: Weekend bum being a perfect example. Others, on the other hand, seem to be taking out their frustrations from work on people on CB. Just my opinion.
    11-19-09 07:35 PM
    I don't believe the OP is whining. It would be the same thing as saying your neighbor gets a cheaper plan with more minutes just because they like him more.

11-19-09 07:40 PM
    The problem I have with this type of whining is that with all the ills of the world, not being selected for a sale means absolutely NOTHING. If that's your biggest problem, you should consider yourself a very lucky person indeed.

How customers feel valued is definitely a very important factor on if your company will stay in business or not.

Even so, posting on a forum dedicated to phones especially as often as you do means phones are important to you. If I had to actually wait 20 months for an upgrade but my neighbor got picked for some "targeted price" I'd question it too.

Last edited by Weekendbum; 11-19-09 at 08:00 PM.
    11-19-09 07:56 PM
    How customers feel valued is definitely a very important factor on if you're company will stay in business or not.

Even so, posting on a forum dedicated to phones especially as often as you do means phones are important to you. If I had to actually wait 20 months for an upgrade but my neighbor got picked for some "targeted price" I'd question it too.

He should be able to upgrade after a year. And he has no way of knowing exactly what his neighbor's plan history is, unless they're reallly close.
    BTW, phones are of interest to me, but they're not exactly at the height of importance.
    11-19-09 08:00 PM
    Really, it kind of ticks me off....

I am a good and loyal customer...been with VZW since 2001, pay my bill on time, upgrade my phone regularly (NE2).

So what gives? A whole bunch of people get early upgrade offers for Storm 2 or Droid...some of them only a few months in to their contract( mine is from early February).
    Just call the 800 number and tell them you got an email.
    I did. They just gave me the phone at the discounted price.
    Did a quick look on my account to see that it was current.
    Phone will be in my hands tomorrow.

Call - 800-437-6132
    11-19-09 08:39 PM
    Uh, 120. per month for 2 lines???? That means that before the data plan he has to have a pretty basic plan. Even the Annual upgrade requires a 59.99 (they have no 49.99) plan. Sheesh
    11-19-09 10:48 PM
    If he is over 59.99 per month plan he only has to wait until January for an annual upgrade - double sheesh!
    11-19-09 10:50 PM
    Paying over $120/month, and.......
    $120 a month for two phones with one as a BB.
    That means the plan is at most $80 (30 for BB data and 10 for the additional phone). Also subtract taxes and such.....

Anyway
    11-20-09 12:45 AM
    But I thought their rules where pretty well set in stone. New every 2, available for early upgrade 10 months in with a bit higher pricing etc? I think sometimes people get upgrades because some reps don't really know the rules, they are new and mess up, or store managers let it go to keep business, appease loyal local customers etc. Sometime life isn't fair, sometimes someone else lucks out, sometimes you do. It's really just luck, I don't think they are cutting you out of the good deals because you don't know the secret password......remember Verizon is a business out to make money, not be a charity as crappy as that sounds. :/
    11-20-09 01:41 AM
    I was upset when my friend got his flyer and i didn't especially since i pay around 400 dollars a month and my storm has been returned over 10 because they keep on sending me garbage. but in the end you cant get mad they. you have to see it from there point of view if they did that for all there customer they would just lose money
    11-20-09 07:09 AM
    Just call the 800 number and tell them you got an email.
    I did. They just gave me the phone at the discounted price.
    Did a quick look on my account to see that it was current.
    Phone will be in my hands tomorrow.

Call - 800-437-6132
    I am not going to lie to try to get something I am not supposed to get.

Yeah, I do actually have two blackberry's on the account...I get an employee discount because of my company's relationship with Verizon and I am still on an old plan I have been renewing since 2001 that they don't offer anymore....400 shared minutes and that's actually enough for us. I actually asked them if I upgraded my plan if I would then be eligible and the rep said that my plan did not matter.

You can call my post whining if you want....maybe it is, I don't care. I am simply saying that offering one customer a deal and not another makes the other feel like I am less valued as a customer. That's just the way it is....I would not feel that way if I knew why the other guy was eligible and I am not.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 11-20-09 at 11:51 AM.
    11-20-09 11:44 AM
    Sometimes don't they base early upgrades on the amount of phones on the plan, the plan etc? I know there has got to be more criteria than someone just wanting to give out a better deal? I know at one time they had an offer going that only people that had account for more than x amount of dollars per month where illegible for, just something to think about.
    11-20-09 12:11 PM
    I am simply saying that offering one customer a deal and not another makes the other feel like I am less valued as a customer. That's just the way it is....I would not feel that way if I knew why the other guy was eligible and I am not.

I'd call, tell them this, and see what happens.
    11-20-09 12:52 PM
    Sometimes don't they base early upgrades on the amount of phones on the plan, the plan etc? I know there has got to be more criteria than someone just wanting to give out a better deal? I know at one time they had an offer going that only people that had account for more than x amount of dollars per month where illegible for, just something to think about.
    They might - but I also know that often, these loyalty incentives are affected by employee discoiunt components. This may have been a cause for not getting the offer.

Or the offer may have been triggered by something else - one might have VVM, while the other does not. One may have VZNav, while the other doesn't. Hard to tell.

11-20-09 03:39 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD