A 'planned outage' on Rogers -

http://crackberry.com/rogers-blackbe...e-january-17th

- when I should be hearing about this from Rogers via an email or text message? Exactly how little information can Rogers provide their 'subscribers' who already pay a premium for services?

Sure, there are occasions when maintenance has to be done and maybe this might even mean bringing the entire network down (unlike, say, the recent 'oops!' moments we've enjoyed with RIM servers), but it should not prevent us from knowing in advance. One wonders if they've warned their CSRs yet...

Merde.
    01-13-10 03:35 PM
    That would require some actual 'communication' from the communications giant, wouldnt it? We wouldn't want them to actually do something proactive with our money, would we? Or you know, even TELL me when I'm over my data / voice / txt limit, rather than just letting me finally 'check' it on a service that only recently came into existence...
    01-13-10 06:18 PM
    ^ on Rogers defense (I don't work for them and have been paying out my *** for years) they're a business and that's how they make their money -- they capitalize on their customers' irresponsibility and lack of self-control and charge you big on overages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 07:37 PM
    Because: Robers sux balls backwardz and is bag lady crap mixed with cow urine smothered with camel come sprinkled with scabs!!!
    01-13-10 07:43 PM
    Really, BigBoldWorm - don't hold back. Tell us what you really think...

Head Office is clueless. The Executive Office (Wireless specifically in this case) has no idea what is going on in the real world of their CSRs, the services or devices they provide, the outages that occur or the work that must be done. Their sole interest is the bottom line - even if they have no idea how it is achieved. This was made abundantly clear to me via conversations I have had with them recently.

And remember, there is no incentive for them to keep us apprised of situations affecting their 'service'. The EULA gives them absolute right to behave as they wish (not even provide service) and we are obligated to pay them regardless.
    01-14-10 07:59 AM
    OK, coincidence?

Here it is January 17th (well after the 'planned outage' time) and my BB (in downtown Toronto - a mere couple of blocks from Rogers Head Office) is having difficulty making contact online via its browser or with programs 'calling home' for updates. Ditto too with email - as a test I just sent myself one from my computer and my BB remains suspiciously silent.

Anyone else? Has Rogers buggered something up?

No recorded message at Rogers Wireless Support, but at 1245 hrs, no CSRs immediately available, either.

Quel surprise, I know...
    01-17-10 11:48 AM
    same here... i called about 9 am MST and they said everything was "ok". I accidentally disconnected from the agent, and when I went to call back the lines were busy...

It's been spotty ever since about 6 or 7 am this morning....
    01-17-10 11:59 AM
    Just got through.. degraded 3G services in certain areas, Calgary, Ft. Mac, Barrie, Victoria to name a few.... try limiting to 2G only...
    01-17-10 12:05 PM
    Nice excuse, but I'm running EDGE on my 8520. Its bars show normal strength for location - so I doubt its that. An attempt to use the BB browser just now ended up with a window referring to problems with the server...

CSRs try to fob us off or, as I suggested in an earlier posting, System Maintenance didn't bother to tell CSRs they were screwing around - and have now broken something?

Meanwhile, I just received the test email - 28 minutes after sending it - and efforts to use the net remain very patchy.
    Last edited by Bazza1; 01-17-10 at 12:16 PM.
    01-17-10 12:11 PM
    EDGE still seems to be working for me. Browser, MSN, GTalk, FB, Ubertwitter, gmail, all seems to respond decently well... BBM is ungodly laggy chatting with a friend in Toronto tho...
    01-17-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD