View Poll Results: Who Should Buy T-Mobile USA?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Google?

23 51.11%
  • AT&T?

5 11.11%
  • Time Warner?

0 0%
  • Undesignated European Carrier?

4 8.89%
  • Undesignated Regional Telecom?

0 0%
  • I.P.O.?

4 8.89%
  • Warren Buffett?

2 4.44%
  • Some Other Company?

7 15.56%
    There have been new rumors lately that Deutsche Telekom may be seeking a buyer for T-Mobile USA. Who knows if these rumors have any validity.

The Wall Street Journal did report it and IMHO, The Wall Street Journal usually know what they are talking about.

Personally, I hope the rumors are unfounded and that Deutsche Telekom continues to operate T-Mobile USA. They have done a good job insofar as meeting my needs.

But let's assume that there is some real momentum in Deutsche Telekom's boardroom to sell off their USA operations. And let's assume you get to be the chief negotiator who makes the decision on whom to sell to.

The question is ... if you had the choice, whom would YOU sell T-Mobile to?

Google?
    AT&T?
    Time Warner?
    I.P.O.?
    Some Undesignated European Carrier?
    Some Undesignated Regional Telecom Company?
    Warren Buffett?

Let's hear your thoughts.
    Last edited by berryite; 02-05-10 at 08:32 PM.
    02-05-10 08:29 PM
    not sure the powers that be would allow a sale to AT&T, that would pretty well give them a monopoly on GSM service here in the US
    02-05-10 08:37 PM
    While I do like the idea of Google buying T-Mobile, I'm worried that it wouldn't work out long term...look at Google and Nexus One. Yes, it's a nice phone, but from what I've read, the "upgrade" system is screwed up and they managed to botch the customer support for the smartphone. Not good. I love Google but I am not sure how they would be when it comes to managing a cell phone company.

However, I like T-Mobile as it is, and as it is now, it's run by DT, a European carrier. I like how European carriers do their business and wouldn't mind seeing one comparable to DT take control of T-Mobile.
    02-05-10 10:54 PM
    So far, Google is the run-away vote getter.
    02-06-10 02:40 AM
    Google gets my vote
    02-06-10 03:22 AM
    My vote is with Google. They have a lot of cash, are extremely innovative and could make TMO a major player.
    02-06-10 07:44 AM
    AT&T, so their maps would have a few more blue dots on it in the Vzw commercials!
    02-06-10 08:50 AM
    I would be concerned with current TMO quality getting trampled for the profit. Google may be the best choice for the quality. People are with TMO and not the others for a reason, if AT&T could buy it, would all the customers stay or jump ship?
    02-06-10 11:08 AM
    There are several more articles at tmonews.com on this topic including the ipo option.
    02-06-10 11:15 AM
    While I do like the idea of Google buying T-Mobile, I'm worried that it wouldn't work out long term...look at Google and Nexus One. Yes, it's a nice phone, but from what I've read, the "upgrade" system is screwed up and they managed to botch the customer support for the smartphone. Not good. I love Google but I am not sure how they would be when it comes to managing a cell phone company.

However, I like T-Mobile as it is, and as it is now, it's run by DT, a European carrier. I like how European carriers do their business and wouldn't mind seeing one comparable to DT take control of T-Mobile.
    If Nexus One had been released by T Mobile all these negative comments about upgrade, customer service, etc., wouldn't have happened.

If you put together T Mobile's customer service and Google's cash and OS you have a perfect carrier.
    02-06-10 12:46 PM
    People are with TMO and not the others for a reason, if AT&T could buy it, would all the customers stay or jump ship?
    I've been with AT&T in the past. I would definitely jump ship if AT&T were to prevail. I cannot stand AT&T, their business practices, their arrogant staff, their complete lack of appropriate reinvestment in their network, or the utterly slip-shot way they run that company. Sorry but IMHO, AT&T just bites.

My choice would be to move to Verizon.

My hope is that we never come to that and that the folks at Deutsche Telekom continue to run what many of us believe is today's overall best choice for mobile service in the USA ... T-Mobile.
    02-06-10 01:00 PM
    My vote is with Google. They have a lot of cash, are extremely innovative and could make TMO a major player.
    Totally right. A Google buyout would shake the foundations of the mobile business in the USA!

Go "G-Mobile!" LOL.
    02-06-10 01:04 PM
    as of my vote I'm the only one that Voted for Warren Buffett. For BB users Buffett is a better choice that Google, it has the same advantages (access to capital, "hands off" management style), without the incentive to move TMo users over to Android phones.
    02-06-10 01:17 PM
    as of my vote I'm the only one that Voted for Warren Buffett. For BB users Buffett is a better choice that Google, it has the same advantages (access to capital, "hands off" management style), without the incentive to move TMo users over to Android phones.
    Thanks for your vote! And good points!
    02-06-10 02:06 PM
    it's scary to think of ATT possibly getting t-mobile (which I HIGHLY doubt that the govt will allow)...if they do, I'm going to Verizon for sure. I don't know..or maybe I'll get StraightTalk or something. It would stink not being on GSM but it's better than being with ATT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 04:10 PM
    Perhaps SunCom could make a return with the T-Mo IPO??
    02-06-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD