i feel like it's an every month thing that i get SOME form of ***** CSR (whether it be in the store or online) that has ZERO idea what they are talking about. Last month i got a shippinig and handling credit of $20 from them for TMO shippin my phone to the wrong address. i paid the REMAINDER after the credit was applied for my bill to be back at 0. Upon receiving my current bill i noticed it was OVER $20! puzzled, i went to a TMO store and was told this; "even if we apply the credit, u have to pay your regular balance of $107.xx every month so since u didn't we applied to your next months bill".

Huh? y would i pay the $107 if the bill says $88 and paying $88 would 0 my balance? second, it's not a "credit" if u try and get it back the month! third, no there is NOT another way u can explain it to me for me to understand because what your saying is making no sense.

I also was interested in changing my plan to an EM or EM+ plan. I'm still in store mind you; this guy tells me i'd have to pay a $200 early termination fee to start a new plan like that.

Huh? u mean i can't change my plan for two years at a time without getting cracked in the head for $200 each time?

Long story short...i called customer service and go the "credit issue" taken care of but it shouldn't have had to take all that.
    11-14-09 05:57 AM
    All it sounds like is you were misinformed by a few people. If you weren't satisfied with the answers you received, you should have hung up, and re-dialed.

Better yet, you could have come to the forums FIRST to get a correct answer... *insert shameless CB plug here*
    11-14-09 11:04 AM
    EM plan=$35 migration fee
    EM+=$200 ETF since it's no contract
    All of this only applies to current customers who are not @the end of their contract.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 05:30 PM
    K Bear ... I'll be waiting for my giant phone bill in the mail. I was told the other way around.. *sob*
    11-14-09 09:10 PM
    CDot40, I'm sorry you had issues, I'm glad you got it sorta worked out. I just had to come into this thread with a title like that. I laughed out loud when i read it. Thanks for the laugh.
    11-14-09 11:29 PM
    I've gotten decent reps and a couple that were kind of know-nothings.
    11-15-09 12:40 AM
    EM plan=$35 migration fee
    EM+=$200 ETF since it's no contract
    All of this only applies to current customers who are not @the end of their contract.

can u elaborate on this...this is where i'm kinda confused. I was under the impression that the only thing that that i would have to do for a plan change is pay the difference the cost in plan changes.
    11-15-09 04:40 AM
    CDot40, I'm sorry you had issues, I'm glad you got it sorta worked out. I just had to come into this thread with a title like that. I laughed out loud when i read it. Thanks for the laugh.
    the horror stories i could tell u..."sir can u give us ur IMEI and PIN so we can do a hard reset of ur phone?" my response "how the **** is a hard reset on ur end gonna fix my trackball? (which was stuck)"
    11-15-09 04:42 AM
    the horror stories i could tell u..."sir can u give us ur IMEI and PIN so we can do a hard reset of ur phone?" my response "how the **** is a hard reset on ur end gonna fix my trackball? (which was stuck)"
    LMAO! They make you do a hard reset for ANYTHING.

11-15-09 06:04 AM
    I also switched my account, (or at least thought I did) to the new EM plan. I went into the Tmo store to actually add a line, which I did.
    I switched my current plan to the 1000 mins/month. The rep told me I would be paying $5 less than what I was paying now & my discount would still apply. I was never informed about a $200 ET fee or a $35 migration fee. The rep gave me a print out of the changes made to my line. After my mins reset for this month I didn't see a change in my plan a called Tmo the rep said that no changes were ever made to my account. I changed my plan Oct. 30, my mins reset on the 6th. She also told me if I had switched that I would actually end up paying $15 more then what I actually pay now.

11-15-09 06:13 AM
    I also switched my account, (or at least thought I did) to the new EM plan. I went into the Tmo store to actually add a line, which I did.
    I switched my current plan to the 1000 mins/month. The rep told me I would be paying $5 less than what I was paying now & my discount would still apply. I was never informed about a $200 ET fee or a $35 migration fee. The rep gave me a print out of the changes made to my line. After my mins reset for this month I didn't see a change in my plan a called Tmo the rep said that no changes were ever made to my account. I changed my plan Oct. 30, my mins reset on the 6th. She also told me if I had switched that I would actually end up paying $15 more then what I actually pay now.

that's what i'm saying! they will str8 up LIE to u! when i was lookin for my replacement phone, they CSR assured me "sir i give u my word ur phone will arrive today...(happened to be a saturday). I called Customer Retention and she went to UPS.com and checked the status of my delivery. THE SCREEN SAID IT WOULDN'T ARRIVE TILL MONDAY!!!! Retention Rep said there was NO WAY he investigated that because the info took LESS THAN 30 seconds to find! i swear tmo makes me want to revolutionize the tin can and string...
    11-15-09 06:26 AM
    In the current economic state, you'd think it would be easy to get competent people to work.

Who am I kidding?

11-15-09 02:11 PM
    In the current economic state, you'd think it would be easy to get competent people to work.
    Don't know about Michigan but here in California I can't remember the last time I walked into a cell-phone store and saw anyone over 25 working there. Occasionally you might see someone in their late 20's but never ever anyone over 30. I'd say the average age is about 24.

Doesn't seem to matter if the store is T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T or Sprint. The help always has that "just got out of high school or college" vibe.

It has to be a strategy by the cell companies to hire just younger adults. Nothing wrong with young adults but if you mixed up the ages a bit you might bring some added experience. When everyone is 25, the environment is always going to be pretty much the same.
    11-15-09 03:16 PM
    right on berry......i think the perception is the same as at best buy.....most customers are 35+ and want to deal with someone who knows the product. The sad truth is that most of these "kids" or adults who are underachievers spend little if any time getting to know the product as a whole. Most of my calls to TMO or in store visits ending up with me telling the rep the product. Sad state of affairs......
    11-17-09 08:43 AM
    Well unfortunatly it's not a perffect world and not everyone knows what they are talking about. And yes you can change your plan without an etf. You just got unlucky and talked to a moron!!
    11-17-09 09:11 AM
    like I said......
    11-17-09 09:41 AM
    To clarify, no migration fee for EM plans. $35 migration if you signed contract prior to 10/25 and switching to EM+. $200 ETF to switch to EM+ if you signed contract after 10/25

11-17-09 01:31 PM
    I would love to defend the people my company hires, but some cause me just as many headaches as they cause you. Usually more

11-17-09 01:32 PM
    I would love to defend the people my company hires, but some cause me just as many headaches as they cause you. Usually more

They just gave me a headache!I called to place an order only to be told sorry your order has been canceled over the E-signature e-mail not being sent to me pure BS!
    11-17-09 04:38 PM
    Of course things aren't as good as they we're I don't work for Tmo anymore
    11-17-09 09:02 PM
    Of course things aren't as good as they we're I don't work for Tmo anymore
    LOL. That's probably true but then again you've been gone for awhile.

By the way, where the heck is that pepperoni with extra cheese I ordered over an hour ago? Are you loafing on the job again?

LOL.
    11-17-09 09:08 PM
    sometimes i wonder myself. they must make them take an iq test and hire the ones that failed
    11-18-09 03:49 PM
    They just gave me a headache!I called to place an order only to be told sorry your order has been canceled over the E-signature e-mail not being sent to me pure BS!
    I cannot stress this enough. Go to a store. Get everything handled, and get the phone the same day.

11-20-09 01:59 AM
    stores arent any better......there all they want are sales.....dont you DARE go into a store to resolve a billing concern.....ALL and i mean ALL they care about is selling period
    11-20-09 09:02 AM
    stores arent any better......there all they want are sales.....dont you DARE go into a store to resolve a billing concern.....ALL and i mean ALL they care about is selling period
    This is true. If you're not in the store for an activation, you'll get the bum's rush. But then when you incentivize your people and make the principal component of their compensation based on commissions for activations, how can you blame the poor sales people. They're just trying to pay their rent.

11-20-09 10:19 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD