Hey all

So i'm ready to take the plunge and get a Crackberry. I was looking at getting the BB Curve 8330 Silver. And the plan I have been offered is the following

Blackberry Curve 8330 Silver $89 (on a 36 month contract)
    $17.25 a month + SAF ($4.50), e911 ($0.25)
    Unlimited Email & Internet for BlackBerry $36/month
    GPS Add-on $8/month

Activation Fee Waived

Includes:

* 200 local anytime minutes
    * Call Forwarding for Free
    * Unlimited Weeknights and Weekends (6pm-8am) for Free
    * Call Display for Free
    * Call Waiting for Free
    * Conference Calling for Free
    * Detailed Billing for Free
    * Message Centre (Voice Mail) for Free
    * Per Second Billing for Free

So total with taxes would be $74.58 including taxes (i live in Ontario), we don't talk that much on the phone, and to be honest we're mostly going to use this for GPS and internet.

This seems like a good price for what i'm getting, anyone know of any better?
    09-18-08 08:33 AM
    The plan looks really nice. The only thing I see that is missing, maybe, is text messaging and long distance. If you don't plan on doing either of those it looks great.

I want to know what company it is. Looks like a corporate plan but then I don't understand the unlimited data at $36. Who is this through?
    09-18-08 01:29 PM
    I have Sprint. My plan is 900 minutes. Everything is unlimited except the minutes. I get email, sprint tv, text msgs, long distance included, blackberry BIS unlimited, no roaming, web browser,nights and weekends free after 7pm. Everything you can think of is unlimited. It's like the Simply Everything Plan but my minutes are limited to 900. It's called Simply everything 900. It costs 89.99 per month. I get 18% off that.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-18-08 01:39 PM
    Your info isn't helping the man since he's in Canada.

I'd look at Rogers. I've gotten some pretty sweet freebies outa them and you don't have to pay extra for the gps or wlm

09-19-08 08:08 AM
    Thanks Navan. How do you get freebies out of them? Just ask? haha
    09-19-08 08:11 AM
    I'm with Bell Mobility in Canada, I don't think my plan beats your plan but it's awfully close...?

200 Anytime Minutes
    Unlimited Evenings and Weekends (starting at 6pm)
    Fab 10 Nationwide
    Unlimited Blackberry Internet + Email + IM
    Caller ID
    Voicemail (Express)
    2500 Sent Text Messages

$74.70 before Tax (SAF+911 already part of $74.70)

This plan is readily available (not a retention plan), but you have to be a student I'm almost certain, I can chop down the costs when I'm done contract)
    09-19-08 12:11 PM
    I am on Bell and I pay $85 +tax
    450 daytime minutes
    unlimited evenings and weekends starting at 6pm
    Unlimited text
    unlimited picture messaging
    Voice Mail Express
    Caller ID
    3 way calling
    200 national long distance minutes
    and Unlimited Data and E-mail package.

$85 includes SAF and 911

there is some other crap in there i dont need like unlimited mobile browser and stuff that i couldnt remove but its packaged in
    09-19-08 05:48 PM
    Look into virgin mobile. I have a $25 voice plan that includes free texting, 100 daytime minutes and 1000 evening/weekend minutes. The BB plan is an extra $30 and includes unlimited email (BIS and BES), messanging (BB and MSN), and web access. No activation fee, no system access fee, and no 911 fee. Just add tax. Not sure if GPS is available though.

09-20-08 05:37 PM
    My wife and I just succumbed to the dark side on a recent trip to the local mall. I have been looking at smart phones for the past few months but was unable to justify buying one because my 3 year contract is not up until August 09.

This particular evening we spoke to a great sales rep and I experienced a moment of weakness and voila!! 2 new blackberry pearls and 3 year contract(terminated present contract 1 year early).

Here is my deal:
    BB Pearl
    All in 35 - $35

Sys Access Fee Inluded
    Unlimited Email and BB 30 - $30

$50 credit for my old Samsung A640

I hope we will be happy with our new Blackberries and I am still apprehensive to see our first bill.
    09-21-08 02:44 PM
    The OPs data plan also includes unlimited tethering.
    09-21-08 06:28 PM
    The OPs data plan also includes unlimited tethering.
    Whats the OPs data plan??
    09-21-08 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD