I have been a VZW customer for years, but the 9700 has me tempted to try AT&T service.
    I was browsing around the web and think I read some place that AT&T actually has a little more customers or accounts than VZW.
    I'm in SW PA and our Verizon stores are always busy and you usually have to take a number, while the AT&T stores are almost empty.
    Why is this?
    Are maybe most AT&T customers in a different geographic region?
    Just curious.
    - Dave
    01-11-10 04:07 PM
    dave honestly i believe verizons costumer basis is quite a bit larger, especially after the alltel buy out, than atts costumer basis, You may just be in a area where verizon is has a bigger basis than att. if you google the amount of costumers with each you may get a pretty accurate 2009 comparison.
    01-11-10 04:18 PM
    In my neighborhood the ATT stores are busy. We do not use them as customer service is so much better at local third party stores.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 07:36 PM
    same here in VA. It seems there are crickets chirping in the AT&T stores, but Verizon is kicking. I did go to a AT&T store in Raleigh NC and it was standing room only, pretty impressive.
    01-12-10 05:57 PM
    When I was preparing to take the BB plunge last April, I had the bad luck of going into a moderately busy store where the only available staff was new to BlackBerry. Spent a few minutes there finding out that I wasn't going to learn anything, went home, did my research on the net and ordered via the net. I'll hit the stores for service or accessories if necessary, but it's usually faster and easier taking care of this stuff over the internet.

When you think about some of the stuff we use these devices for, it makes sense that a good number of customers would be taking care of business like this via the internet. Sometimes, there's no substitute for "hands on experience" but most of the time there isn't enough time, which is why we use labor saving gizmos like BlackBerrys.

That said, the main reason I avoid the stores is because they're always too busy. I guess that's good from an industry standpoint, but it's a PITA when you don't have all day to wait for "the next available representative."
    01-13-10 09:22 AM
    I dunno, everytime I go into mine if I'm swinging through and think hey let me pay while I'm going through here it is always busy.
    01-13-10 10:47 AM
    I have been a VZW customer for years, but the 9700 has me tempted to try AT&T service.
    I was browsing around the web and think I read some place that AT&T actually has a little more customers or accounts than VZW.
    I'm in SW PA and our Verizon stores are always busy and you usually have to take a number, while the AT&T stores are almost empty.
    Why is this?
    Are maybe most AT&T customers in a different geographic region?
    Just curious.
    - Dave
    ONE possible reason.
    Location, location, location.
    If a carrier has a bad rep for bad service around that area no one wants to go there. Seeing as how VZW has 3G almost everywhere people would rather have it.
    I know of two particular places, Burley, ID and St. George, UT. Everyone has VZW in those places, At&t just doesnt get good enough service.
    01-13-10 02:28 PM
    im sure this has some to do with it, plus all the other bull**** with AT&T's network

http://pulse2.com/wp-content/uploads...p-for-that.jpg

I suggest you wait for the Tour 2, its going to be a lot like the 9700 and on a better network
    01-13-10 03:52 PM
    I dunno, everytime I go into mine if I'm swinging through and think hey let me pay while I'm going through here it is always busy.
    I've never paid for my cell bill in the store. I pay online, and try to handle all
    my service issues by telephone or online chat.
    01-13-10 04:07 PM
    It's cause AT&T doesn't understand how to run a business and provide customer service so VZW and all the other smaller guys are sucking their customers up left and right. Can't wait for the iPhone to go to VZW because there will be a mass exodus from AT&T! Pretty much the only reason AT&T has ANY business is 1 they bought out Cingular who was a good company and 2 the iphone.

there's an app for that..........
    01-13-10 06:15 PM
    The street goes both ways. Maybe the stores are not too busy because customers aren't having too many issues. Either way, it's all heresy. I'd ask some acquaintances how the service is in your area. That's where you'll get your best input.
    01-13-10 07:03 PM
    In this area, the ATT stores are packed and VZW's look like ghost towns. As far as coverage and 3G, it works great here and is much faster than VZW.

I wonder how many Alltel people keep Verizon when their contracts are up?
    01-15-10 03:21 PM
    NE PA all there are are verizon kiosks which are always busy and a handful of ATT stores that are only busy when the new iphone comes out (seriously)........
    01-15-10 03:24 PM
    Why would anyone visit a retail store for service support? Do you go to your dealership to get your oil changed?
    01-16-10 01:32 AM
    In this area, the ATT stores are packed and VZW's look like ghost towns. As far as coverage and 3G, it works great here and is much faster than VZW.

I wonder how many Alltel people keep Verizon when their contracts are up?

well, its a lot, because Alltel had 14.7 million and Verizon is at like 90 million now

and I kept mine, I mean I liked my Alltel better than Verizon, because I am in the same place where Alltel's hq is, so they are way better than anyone here, better 3G coverage than AT&T overall too
    01-16-10 03:18 AM
    Why would anyone visit a retail store for service support? Do you go to your dealership to get your oil changed?
    um I do.
    they are cheaper and do a better job then jiffy lube......plus a free car wash

Seriously, where I am, dealerships are just better with that stuff....
    01-16-10 06:48 AM
    My local AT&T store in Raleigh NC is also always hopping, and it seems to be people actually buying phones, upgrading, etc, not there for technical support. I dunno about other carrier stores, although when my husband got his iPhone at Best Buy the mobile section was jammed. They do phones for multiple carriers though so that makes sense. I think the person who mentioned "location, location, location" might be onto something. I grew up in SW PA but haven't been there in years and have no idea what the rep of any carrier is there. If a carrier has a bad reputation or bad service in that area, stands to reason the stores would be empty.

And yeah, we sure take the cars to the dealer to get the oil changed when they're under warranty (free!) and if I had a problem with my phone, I'd just as soon go into an AT&T store to talk to a human being who can look at my phone right there rather than sit on the phone plugging through an automated system pressing 1 for service in English and hoping to get to talk to someone eventually.
    01-19-10 11:08 AM
    Don't forget that AT&T has Device Service Centers for any walk-in technical problems. 9 times out of 10 that's where you need to go if you're having issues with your phone.

Also, people with iPhones pretty much need to talk to an Apple Store employee to get support for their phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD