When will if ever 3G Be nationwide Like other wireless carriers not just in big citys but everywhere edge is why cant tmobile get 3g to replace edge completly is it even possible?
    11-14-09 01:57 PM
    I can't give you a time frame but I know it will be done someday, without a doubt.

I remember when I was on Verizon years ago and EV-DO was available in some areas and only 1x in others. Of course, this was before 3G even. Now it's all over.

Same with GPRS and EDGE. I RARELY come across GPRS now on T-Mobile.

Just give it time...
    11-14-09 03:20 PM
    When will if ever 3G Be nationwide Like other wireless carriers not just in big citys but everywhere edge is why cant tmobile get 3g to replace edge completly is it even possible?

Oh I don't know. Seems to me that over 100 cities ain't too bad ...

And shucks, I have 3G in the city I live in and my city isn't even on the list!

Alexandria, VA
    Anaheim, CA
    Arlington, TX
    Arlington, VA
    Atlanta, GA
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Austin, TX
    Baltimore, MD
    Bellevue, WA
    Berkeley, CA
    Boston, MA
    Burbank, CA
    Cambridge, MA
    Carrollton, TX
    Chandler, AZ
    Chicago, IL
    Chula Vista, CA
    Clearwater, FL
    Clinton, MI
    Concord, CA
    Coral Springs, FL
    Dallas, TX
    Daly City, CA
    Dearborn, MI
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Detroit, MI
    East Los Angeles, CA
    Elgin, IL
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Fort Worth, TX
    Fremont, CA
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Garland, TX
    Gary, IN
    Gilbert, AZ
    Glendale, AZ
    Glendale, CA
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hayward, CA
    Hialeah, FL
    Hollywood, FL
    Houston, TX
    Irvine, CA
    Irving, TX
    Jersey City, NJ
    Joliet, IL
    Las Vegas, NV
    Livonia, MI
    Long Beach, CA
    Long Branch, NJ
    Los Angeles, CA
    Lowell, MA
    Memphis, TN
    Mesa, AZ
    Mesquite, TX
    Miami, FL
    Minneapolis, MN
    Miramar, FL
    Modesto, CA
    New Brunswick, NJ
    New York, NY
    Newark, NJ
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Norwalk, CA
    Oakland, CA
    Ontario, CA
    Orlando, FL
    Paradise, NV
    Pasadena, TX
    Pasadena, CA
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Peoria, AZ
    Philadelphia, PA
    Phoenix, AZ
    Plano, TX
    Pleasanton, CA
    Pomona, CA
    Portland, OR
    Providence, RI
    Richardson, TX
    Richmond, CA
    Roseville, CA
    Royal Oak, MI
    Sacramento, CA
    San Antonio, TX
    San Diego, CA
    San Francisco, CA
    San Jose, CA
    Santa Ana, CA
    Santa Clara, CA
    Seattle, WA
    Southfield, MI
    Spring Valley, NV
    St Clair Shores, MI
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Stockton, CA
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Sunrise Manor, NV
    Tampa, FL
    Taylor, MI
    Tempe, AZ
    Trenton, NJ
    Troy, MI
    Vallejo, CA
    Vancouver, WA
    Warren, MI
    Washington DC
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Westland, MI
    Wilmington, DE
    Worcester, MA
    11-14-09 06:24 PM
    Everything comes in time. I'm sure if it was an inexpensive process they would have it done nationwaide. Maybe that's why they came out with the new unlimited plans so they can raise capital and put it back into infrastructure.
    11-14-09 06:30 PM
    HSPA+ is scheduled to roll out by mid 2010. Some places already have it. Those of us not blessed w/3G may very well get HSPA+ instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 06:33 PM
    New York Yankees - "It's Hard To Be Humble"
    Congratulations. I read in the LA Times that even Joe Torre was here in LA pulling for the Yankees to beat the Phillies.

Don't get too comfortable though. The Dodgers are coming back strong next year. Looking for a Torre v. Steinbrenner series in 2010. LOL.

Congrats again.
    11-14-09 06:34 PM
    Congratulations. I read in the LA Times that even Joe Torre was here in LA pulling for the Yankees to beat the Phillies.

Don't get too comfortable though. The Dodgers are coming back strong next year. Looking for a Torre v. Steinbrenner series in 2010. LOL.

Congrats again.

Thank you. I really was hoping for a Yankees ~ Dodgers series.

Funny how things turn around. Early in the year it looked like the Yankees wouldn't even make the playoffs again and the Dodgers would go all the way.
    11-14-09 06:44 PM
    Early in the year it looked like the Yankees wouldn't even make the playoffs again and the Dodgers would go all the way.
    Boy ain't that the truth. That's what makes baseball such a great sport.
    11-14-09 07:11 PM
    You all are breaking my Phillies loving heart. it's all good 'cause I'm a Yankees fan too!LOL

11-14-09 07:55 PM
    When everyone else is on 4G!
    11-14-09 08:18 PM
    When everyone else is on 4G!
    T-Mobile is not going the LTE route. They are building on their existing backbone 3G & expanding it to HSPA+ which some markets already have where other carriers don't even have 4G yet. & don't count out 21Mbps next year.

11-14-09 08:26 PM
    T-Mobile is not going the LTE route. They are building on their existing backbone 3G & expanding it to HSPA+ which some markets already have where other carriers don't even have 4G yet. & don't count out 21Mbps next year.
    Fascinating times ahead.
    11-14-09 09:25 PM
    You all are breaking my Phillies loving heart. it's all good 'cause I'm a Yankees fan too!LOL
    Ya gotta had it to your Phillies KBear. They played a great season and two World Series competitions in a row ain't nothing to be ashamed about.

You had a great year. Congrats to your Phillies ... but the Dodgers are gonna get 'em next year. LOL.
    11-14-09 09:28 PM
    Ya gotta had it to your Phillies KBear. They played a great season and two World Series competitions in a row ain't nothing to be ashamed about.

You had a great year. Congrats to your Phillies ... but the Dodgers are gonna get 'em next year. LOL.
    I'd love to see Torre's team whoop some Yankee bottom. I'm a strange girl, aren't I! LOL

11-14-09 10:43 PM
    Yeah I would say tmo is rolling out 3g fast my city has it and its not even on the tmobile coverage website

11-16-09 01:52 PM
    I just want EDGE. Lol. All I ever get is GPRS

11-29-09 11:15 PM
    Puerto Rico is supposed to be getting 3g, or at least parts of the island, by year's end.
    11-30-09 12:06 AM
    I read on TMOnews that Tmobile is planning to go with LTE in 2012.

Either way I live in St Pete FL and work in Tampa Fl I get full 3G signal 80% of the time.
    11-30-09 02:15 AM

I've been reading about this. The next-gen coverage "wars" for next year and beyond will be quite interesting.

I only hope for T-Mobile's sake that they can expand their HSPA coverage while rolling out their HSPA+...what a rude wake up that would be huh, smoking along at 20Mbps on the laptop while rolling down the road, and *bam*...creeping along upon entering a legacy EDGE coverage area...that would kinda suck...
    11-30-09 10:52 AM
    Well, we're what, 20+ years into this game, now? Look at the coverage maps online. Haven't looked at how long 3g has been around, but smartphones have really just started taking off as a driving force Evolution drives as market demands. We're seeing major advances in technology. It's a matter of time, as carriers scramble to meet that demand.

11-30-09 11:38 AM
    Puerto Rico is supposed to be getting 3g, or at least parts of the island, by year's end.
    Congrats. San Juan is very cool.
    11-30-09 09:12 PM
    In my area, i jump between EDGE and edge a lot... damn inconsistent data coverage
    11-30-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD