Does anyone know when the new BB10 phones are coming out at AT&T? Is it Jan 30? How about pricing?
    12-17-12 04:40 PM
    they will be introduced on the 30th. They will be available to purchase within a month supposedly but not all carriers will release at the same time probably. As for ATT nothing is known that is concrete. You will have to wait to find out like the rest of us still
    12-17-12 04:55 PM
    That is a $64,000.00 question gameson...Hopefully that will be the case or a date soon after January 30. I'm not holding my breath since AT&T didn't make the Bold 9900 available for purchase until something like November 5 and other carriers like Verizon had the 9930 available in August I believe. I have friends that work for AT&T in their corporate retail stores and they don't have an answer either unfortunately. They are as frustrated as we consumers when it comes to timely release dates for BlackBerry devices from AT&T.

Bob
    12-17-12 04:56 PM
    I remember waiting on AT&T to get the Pearl 9100. I wanted to replace my aging 8100. It was almost a full 6 months after the RIM announcement of the 9100 before they finally started selling them (and 4 months after the rest if the world already had them). Then, they priced them right out of the market.

I ended up with a Torch 9800 instead on a 1 cent refurbished deal.

Still using the 9800 to this day.

Here's to hoping AT&T won't pull that kind of stunt again
    12-18-12 02:48 PM
    From what I was told yesterday by someone who works for a corporate AT&T retail store they are going to a training session January 15 for the BB 10 devices. This is good news but they, and the rest of us with AT&T, have no idea when they will be avaliable for sale. This individual mentioned that it could be 4-6 weeks for the keyboard model to be available. As is unfortunately typical of AT&T, we will all have to wait for an official announcement from them as to when the new BB 10 will be available for purchase. Hopefully when other US carriers start selling them. I was frustrated for 3 months waiting for them to release the Bold 9900.

Bob
    12-18-12 04:47 PM
    Was checking phone upgrades on the AT&T site yesterday. Online chat person told me they have no news on the BB10 and tried to push I5 and S3 on me. Said no, and that I want the first BB10 available and to pass it on to management. I suggest we all do this to get our voices heard. I've been a customer for a long time. They better be on board or I'm gone.
    12-21-12 05:54 PM
    Ugh, carriers need to realize that iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy are not the only phones on the planet...the store where I work sells NOTHING for any other phone. Not even screen protectors.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-23-12 11:26 PM
    thought i remembered seeing something here in the blogs of vz and att getting it 1st and sprint and vz getting it later than them.
    12-24-12 12:12 AM
    No one has even confirmed the US to be in the first "wave". I'd assume it will be, but you never know.
    12-24-12 02:37 AM
    Ugh, carriers need to realize that iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy are not the only phones on the planet...the store where I work sells NOTHING for any other phone. Not even screen protectors.

Don't mistake some rep you talk to on the phone or chat with online for the carrier. They may not even work for the carrier. They know little more about phones then what they have seen on commercials and are generally not knowledgeable. If you really want to get AT&T's attention, when you get that survey the next day after you chat with or talk to a rep from AT&T via text, score a 1 or a 0 on the "How willing are you to recommend AT&T" question and leave a polite comment about phone selection and your desire to see more BlackBerrys. Then AT&T will notice as the scores on those surveys are what prompts a call or chat to get escalated to management. If you just tell the rep to pass it along you can guarantee no one will ever read that chat or listen to that call. Just a tip
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    12-24-12 06:35 AM
    Don't mistake some rep you talk to on the phone or chat with online for the carrier. They may not even work for the carrier. They know little more about phones then what they have seen on commercials and are generally not knowledgeable. If you really want to get AT&T's attention, when you get that survey the next day after you chat with or talk to a rep from AT&T via text, score a 1 or a 0 on the "How willing are you to recommend AT&T" question and leave a polite comment about phone selection and your desire to see more BlackBerrys. Then AT&T will notice as the scores on those surveys are what prompts a call or chat to get escalated to management. If you just tell the rep to pass it along you can guarantee no one will ever read that chat or listen to that call. Just a tip
    Excellent idea.

I'm sure the AT&T sales people have been directed to push all the I and S stock they have. Won't talk about anything new.
    12-24-12 12:44 PM
    I don't believe the sales people at AT&T are being pushed one way or another with regard to what brand device to sell. It comes down to what the customer wants...they come in asking about the iPhone, Galaxy, Droid, etc. because it's what they see being hyped on TV and their buddies have one of them. The sales people I am familiar with don't talk BlackBerry...they drink the same kool aid from Apple and Samsung and spin the yarn that RIM is on it's way out of business....yaddy yaddy yaddah. They are all about sales in numbers because they get paid more money on an incentive basis if their quota is reached. Sadly when it comes down to making a sale of a "toy" as opposed to a "tool" these other devices win hands down. The corporate AT&T store I trade with has only one individual that talks BlackBerry and they have a PlayBook and a Bold 9900... they love BlackBerry and promote it!!! It will be interesting to see what happens when BB 10 is launched next month. If it's all that we are being told it is then these devices should sell themselves based on the features of the OS. I believe it will be all that and I can't wait for these BB 10 devices to hit the streets to compete side by side with Apple, Samsung, etc. I just hope the roll out of product goes smoothly especially here in the states and more importantly for us AT&T customers . RIM doesn't need any bad press with the launch of BB 10 and AT&T hopefully has learned from it's previous mistakes releasing BlackBerry products months after it's competitors....like with the Bold 9900.

Bob
    12-24-12 01:15 PM
    I don't believe the sales people at AT&T are being pushed one way or another with regard to what brand device to sell. It comes down to what the customer wants...they come in asking about the iPhone, Galaxy, Droid, etc. because it's what they see being hyped on TV and their buddies have one of them. The sales people I am familiar with don't talk BlackBerry...they drink the same kool aid from Apple and Samsung and spin the yarn that RIM is on it's way out of business....yaddy yaddy yaddah. They are all about sales in numbers because they get paid more money on an incentive basis if their quota is reached. Sadly when it comes down to making a sale of a "toy" as opposed to a "tool" these other devices win hands down. The corporate AT&T store I trade with has only one individual that talks BlackBerry and they have a PlayBook and a Bold 9900... they love BlackBerry and promote it!!! It will be interesting to see what happens when BB 10 is launched next month. If it's all that we are being told it is then these devices should sell themselves based on the features of the OS. I believe it will be all that and I can't wait for these BB 10 devices to hit the streets to compete side by side with Apple, Samsung, etc. I just hope the roll out of product goes smoothly especially here in the states and more importantly for us AT&T customers . RIM doesn't need any bad press with the launch of BB 10 and AT&T hopefully has learned from it's previous mistakes releasing BlackBerry products months after it's competitors....like with the Bold 9900.

Bob
    You're right, generally speaking there is no difference to an AT&T store rep if they sell you an iPhone or a Pantech Burst. It makes no difference as the commission is based on the plan and features not the phone. So while there's a difference between a feature phone and a smart phone cause there is a spiff on the smart phone data plan, there is no difference from one smart phone to the next. Yes, carriers do occasionally put added spiffs on particular phones but this is generally not a significant factor in most reps income as these promotions tend to be short term and based on achieving certain metrics. So it's the exception as opposed to the rule that a rep will have a financial incentive to sell you one brand vs the next.
    12-24-12 09:21 PM
    I think they do that because they believe that the iPhones and Galaxies are all people want. Silly fools. I went in and bought a new Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8. Absolutely love it. That said, if they had anything resembling a nice Blackberry, I'd definitely be considering it. BB selection seems to be getting very low. I am currently using an AT&T Curve 9360 for work and pretty much hate it. The keys are small and close together and given the password protection kicks in every 20 min, typing on it has become a great source of irritation. I would have preferred to bigger bold by far but not my choice. My organization (Fed Govt) is going to a combination this year of iPhones and BB10s and I'm really hoping I see the BB10. Just don't like the iPhone. I had the 4s and it bored me to tears even if it did work well. Now this new Windows Phone - THIS is nothing if not fresh and snazzy and I'm hoping BB can comeback in a big way with BB10. I'll always have a special place in my heart for them.
    01-02-13 11:06 AM
    I don't believe the sales people at AT&T are being pushed one way or another with regard to what brand device to sell. It comes down to what the customer wants.
    Exactly. When I went to the AT&T store in 2010, every sales person carried an iPhone and a BlackBerry. All but one of them said the BB was best for phone & battery life, the iPhone for everything else. There was zero pressure one way or another. They were extremely nice & patient, allowing me to play with both devices for almost an hour before I decided on BB.

Two years later, my contract has expired, and, aside from phone quality & battery life, my Torch 9800 is an embarrassment compared to my wife's Android Motorola Atrix2. She had upgraded from an old 2G BB Curve that was dying, and the Atrix2 beat the Torch 9810 in side-by-side testing at two stores. I had waited until the iPhone5 was released to compare it to the Android Samsung Galaxy 3. Sorry, but I didn't know squat about BB10, and still wouldn't if I hadn't started more research after neither device was compelling enough. Unless you're actively seeking info, RIM/BB doesn't exist. Anyway....

The sales people were still not pushing me one way or the other. When I casually asked about BlackBerry, the person I was working with said he wasn't aware of a single BB sold in the last 6 months.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on/after Jan 30th......
    01-03-13 05:55 PM
    i was constantly asked at att why in the world did i want a blackberry.
    when i bought my blackberry 9810 no one offered to show me blackberry. i had to ask to see it. also when i called an att rep and asked for recommendations for a phone blackberry wasnt mentioned.
    i went to crackberry when someone told me blackberry was horrible but it didnt require a touch screen keyboard. crackberry got me hooked on blackberry. i love it and want a bb10.

01-04-13 02:16 PM
    January 11 - local AT&T store staff still haven't heard ANYTHING about new BB's coming out. One person did seem excited to hear that there were new devices coming, but it was obviously completely new information. They also said it's not official that a device is coming to AT&T until it's on the website. We need to keep going in to the stores and asking for information.
    01-11-13 10:56 PM
    It would be nice if AT&T had them on Jan. 30th but I'm hoping for at least middle of February.
    01-15-13 08:29 AM
    January 11 - local AT&T store staff still haven't heard ANYTHING about new BB's coming out. One person did seem excited to hear that there were new devices coming, but it was obviously completely new information. They also said it's not official that a device is coming to AT&T until it's on the website. We need to keep going in to the stores and asking for information.
    What town you in?
    01-16-13 06:39 PM
    My source at AT&T says they will definately be getting the new BB10 devices but there has been no official announcement as to when...no different than any other carrier at this point. The training session originally scheduled for the BB10 on 15 January was pushed up to 31 January for some reason. Regardless, until RIM launches on 30 January it doesn't appear there will be any concrete information regarding availablity from AT&T or any other US carrier. Sadly we all must sit and wait and see what shakes out....of course there will continue to be a lot of speculation as to when but until an official announcement is made by AT&T, or any US carrier, we are all in the dark I'm afraid.

Bob
    01-17-13 09:40 AM
    Good to hear. Better than the blank stare.
    01-17-13 03:52 PM
    I'm in Wasilla. I've been going in periodically and asking about the new BBs, here and in Anchorage. I haven't gone in since last weekend, though.
    01-18-13 02:36 AM
    I'm in Eagle River. Haven't thought to ask the store yet. I hope they ship more than 1 to AK else we'll have to flip for it.
    01-18-13 07:16 AM
    Just spoke to my rep here in Florida, they still haven't received the training material. he's anticipating mid to late February for the training with a March release.
    01-23-13 02:01 PM
    From what I have been informed here, there is a training session on 31 January with RIM for the BB10 devices. No word when the actual devices will be available for purchase...hopefully that will be disclosed on 30 January.

Bob
    01-24-13 06:59 AM
39 12