Is it going to be available on the Torch 9800??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 05:36 PM
    Rogers is in the process of rolling out HSPA+ across Canada (since 2009) and from what I understand, they're actually going to start calling it 4G now, which it really isn't. But everyone else is calling theirs 4G... so why not.

Rogers does plan to roll out LTE, which is 4G, with rates of 150Mbps... check out this site:

The Future of Fast is Coming — Rogers LTE

The Torch supports HSDPA 1900, which Rogers uses... not sure if it actually works at that rate though...
    06-05-11 06:45 PM
    Our take on 4G and LTE | Rogers RedBoard

This is a post talking to Rogers calling HSPA+ 4G

Get ready Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Vancouver: LTE is coming this year | Rogers RedBoard

This is a post talking to LTE being launched in Key Cities in Canada in 2011
    06-05-11 07:09 PM
    Now, we just need RIM to roll out some devices that can take advantage of these LTE speeds... PlayBook 2?

06-05-11 07:17 PM
    could care less about LTE speeds from RIM for the next 12-18 months,
    I expect to See LTE plans costing more than our current HSPA plans for data, as it becomes a viable alternative to having both a Wired and a Wireless internet, meaning they will lose revenue.

I have very little issue with data speeds on my blackberry's I would like to see Rogers improve coverage, and RIM to increase the speed of the devices and the feature sets available before playing the LTE game
    06-06-11 06:14 AM
    Valid points... LTE @ 150Mbps on a handheld smartphone seems a bit ridiculous. Tablets, mobile sticks etc... sure, load 'em up. I agree, I'd like to see Rogers widen their coverage and make it more robust and have RIM at least keep up with the competition as far as device speeds go. Perhaps QNX will help to push that along.
    06-07-11 08:59 AM
    LTE testing is being done in ottawa right now with mobile broad band devices, it will trickle across larger cities shortly.
    06-15-11 10:05 AM
    Well, according to the ITU... 4G is already here... HSPA+ has been officially added to the 4G label.

ITU redefines 4G to include LTE, WiMAX and HSPA+

So, the next wave of BB's with HSPA+ connectivity on Rogers will technically be 4G phones.

The 9900 as an example will max out at 14.4Mbps. Rogers' HSPA+ network supports speeds up to 21Mbps.
    08-03-11 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD