View Poll Results: How Would You Rate T-Mobile?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • A grade - I'll never go to any other carrier

43 31.39%
  • B grade - Better than the other carriers

48 35.04%
  • C grade - All carriers are the same

19 13.87%
  • D grade - Improvement needed

18 13.14%
  • F grade - They just aren't for me

9 6.57%
    I'll admit I really love T-Mobile. They do a terrific job for me. Here in Los Angeles, their reception is always clear as a bell and their customer service is always top notch. I've never had a billing problem and I can't remember the last time I dropped a call.

I really can't imagine looking to go to any other carrier.

So this is a poll. For T-Mobile customers ONLY. It's the honor system, if you don't currently use T-Mobile, please don't vote in this poll.

So what say you? What is your opinion of T-Mobile?
    10-27-09 07:09 PM
    I've had T-Mobile since 2001. I have had pretty good luck with them. The only reason I didn't give them an A is because they seem to be on the back foot of technology and the phones they pick don't seem to be as great as some of the other carriers.

Coming from a Windows Mobile background, their phone choices for that were horrible. I am very happy with my 8900 now, but the lack of 3G on any of their BB phones forced me to make the 8900 decision about six months ago when the need for another phone arose. Now they have caught up with the rest of the carriers and have 3G BBs, I'm still going to be stuck on EDGE for another 18 months.
    10-27-09 07:27 PM
    Hi Berryite... I am in Los Angeles too! I am very pleased with TMo! No complaints from me.
    10-27-09 07:31 PM
    Hi Berryite... I am in Los Angeles too!
    I knew there was something I liked about you!

Viva Dodgers!
    10-27-09 07:40 PM
    Lol let's go NYY!

I've had T-Mobile since May (and had it in the past as well) their customer service is phenomenal and I have no problem with reception here in south FL. I will be going to NY this weekend and I'm proud to have T-Mobile as my carrier to travel with. I've never had a billing issue and they are very nice overall (CSR) for some reason the people that work for T-Mobile whether it be a kiosk on a mall or a local store, the people that work for T-Mobile are very nice compared to the other carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 07:48 PM
    I actually called Tmo customer service 5 times yesterday trying to decide if I wanted to switch plans or not (had to keep calling back so I could discuss it with my boss (wife)). They were extremely helpful. I ended up staying with the plan I have, at least until the 9700 comes out and I'll switch to that and give my 8320 to my wife. They were patient, and didn't pressure me to switch. They seemed like they really care about what I wanted, not trying to push their agenda.
    10-27-09 07:51 PM
    Lol let's go NYY!
    Come on.

The last time NYY faced the Phils in post season was about 60 years ago in 1950 and they swept them.

The Phils have two championships and they won those by beating the Kansas City Royals and the Tampa Bay Rays. Seriously, how hard could that have been? They somehow got the Dodgers number in a couple of NLCSs but that luck is gonna run out.

This isn't going to be a World Series. It's gonna be a "shooting-fish-in-a-barrel" series.

Go dust off your wall. You're gonna be needing a place to hang another trophy ... as if you already didn't have enough. LOL.
    10-27-09 08:03 PM
    I actually called Tmo customer service 5 times yesterday trying to decide if I wanted to switch plans or not (had to keep calling back so I could discuss it with my boss (wife)). They were extremely helpful. I ended up staying with the plan I have, at least until the 9700 comes out and I'll switch to that and give my 8320 to my wife. They were patient, and didn't pressure me to switch. They seemed like they really care about what I wanted, not trying to push their agenda.
    Excellent. Agreed.

BTW my friend, you are gonna be in heaven when you transition from your 83xx series to the new 9700. I had a 83xx series (loved it) but you get so spoiled by the additional memory and processor speed of these newer units.

Sit tight for a few more days and then get yourself a 9700. Life will be beautiful.
    10-27-09 08:08 PM
    I've been with tmo since 2002 and will never switch. For me it is because of their rates and their customer service reps. Every time I think I want to switch carriers because they have a new phone that tmo doesn't I start checking rates and by the end of the day I realize "what was I thinking?" I called customer service several months ago because I was trying to 'trim the fat' so to speak on all my bills and see if I could save $$ anywhere. Tmo checked my usage (we have a family faves plan) and realized I was paying for the 3000 min a month plan and had not gone over 1300 minutes ever. They got me to a different plan that saved me about $40/month. I will never leave.
    10-27-09 08:29 PM
    I've been with T-Mobile since 2006 and based on my personal experiences with them, I'd give them a B. Their plans are very good (at least my grandfathered plan) and their customer service is the best in the business (I think).

But they lose points on reception. My family home is in a valley which receives zero coverage from T-Mobile, while my family members on AT&T all have service. I also have reception problems In my office on the other side of the country; I lose reception at least a dozen times every day. This was manageable when I had an 8320 and could get consistent service through UMA, but since getting the Bold, I'm littled to PINs and emails with frequent dropped calls or stalled text messages.

Which brings to another point: lack of options for 3G. I need a 3G functioning phone and T-Mobile is the last of the four major carriers to release one. That's disappointing to me, that my carrier doesn't have the handset available that I need, making me buy from somewhere else (and limiting my options for support and insurance).

So for ezcellent pricing, great customer service, but reception issues and last place in the 3G race, I give them a B.

10-27-09 08:33 PM
    I've been with TMO since they bought Aerial in my part of the world over 10 years ago. I've tried two different services ("cheated" on TMO) - both sucked horribly, and I know now that I'll NEVER, EVER, leave again. They've been nothing short of stellar and accommodating, and the only cross thing I've ever encountered was a rep I actually had fired. (apparently, this guy was on his last leg anyway)

I'll never, ever switch again. T-Mobile has a good thing going!
    10-27-09 08:37 PM
    I need a 3G functioning phone and T-Mobile is the last of the four major carriers to release one.
    T-Mobile has actually had several 3G phones out for quite sometime. The Google Android phones are all 3G. I'm sure you are aware of this but the BB 9700 is also 3G and will be released in the next few weeks.
    10-27-09 08:39 PM
    The awesome CS and cheap rates make me stay with T-Mobile. I don't think I could really afford having a BB on any other carrier.

However, I do sometimes wish that they would fix some reception issues and rollout more 3G. It seems like only the major MAJOR cities get 3G and no one else. With Verizon and AT&T, you get it all over. I hope T-mobile catches up soon!
    10-27-09 09:07 PM
    Come on.

The last time NYY faced the Phils in post season was about 60 years ago in 1950 and they swept them.

The Phils have two championships and they won those by beating the Kansas City Royals and the Tampa Bay Rays. Seriously, how hard could that have been? They somehow got the Dodgers number in a couple of NLCSs but that luck is gonna run out.

This isn't going to be a World Series. It's gonna be a "shooting-fish-in-a-barrel" series.

Go dust off your wall. You're gonna be needing a place to hang another trophy ... as if you already didn't have enough. LOL.

Berryrite: I think you and I my friend will get along just fine LOL! This will be slaughter! NYY has the best lineup since 98! This is an awesome team. Hey, do me a fav and add me on BBM 2629D7F5. I just added more wood to the shelf for that #27

Now in regards to T-Mobile. I have never had any complaints for them or against them. So far all my questions have been answered and I get nothing but quality CSR support.

10-27-09 09:23 PM
    I've been a T-Mobile customer since November 2007. I've been happy with them since. The only thing that kept me from giving them an A is coverage. Many of you feel the same about this. Their 3G service is way behind the other carriers. By the time they have fully deployed 3G here in the United States, other carriers like Verizon, Sprint and AT&T will have moved on. T-Mobile customer service is the BEST. They always treat you like you're in First Class. They don't try to sell you something but try to help you save money. I hope TMOs customer service never changes.
    10-28-09 07:05 AM
    T-Mobile has actually had several 3G phones out for quite sometime. The Google Android phones are all 3G. I'm sure you are aware of this but the BB 9700 is also 3G and will be released in the next few weeks.
    I should have been more specific: I need a 3G Blackberry which T-Mobile will only start to have available in a few weeks, making them the last of the four major US carriers to offer one.
    10-28-09 11:18 AM
    I LOVE tmo. best reception here in the oc (ca) and i never get a dropped call. 3g is BLAZING fast here and i can get 3g coverage everywhere.

the only reason i gave it a C is that project black/dark made tmo just as pricey as all the other carriers if your on the even more plan (you get 50 more min on the base family plan. no big deal). i need to upgrade and buy 3 new bb at least, and I'm not gonna pay full retail on their emp plans. so the only reason i would stay with tmo is if i want the 9700, but that phone does not really interest me.
    10-28-09 11:31 AM
    i have loyalty plan and unlimeted everything... what else can i ask... customer service is good, only thing i could say is that they dont have international calling.. my fam is way south in South America and i just call them... but other then that ima a happy tmobile customer...
    please be advice that i rated a 4 just cuz of the international calling
    10-28-09 03:39 PM
    I LOVE tmo. best reception here in the oc (ca) and i never get a dropped call. 3g is BLAZING fast here and i can get 3g coverage everywhere.

the only reason i gave it a C is that project black/dark made tmo just as pricey as all the other carriers if your on the even more plan (you get 50 more min on the base family plan. no big deal). i need to upgrade and buy 3 new bb at least, and I'm not gonna pay full retail on their emp plans. so the only reason i would stay with tmo is if i want the 9700, but that phone does not really interest me.
    I love Tmo for all of the previously stated positive reasons.
    I'll save $20/mo with the Even More family plan. Even without that savings, the price of the family plan was considerably cheaper than the other major carriers.
    10-28-09 03:57 PM
    Great customer service subpar reception. unfortunately, good reception always makes up for bad customer service, and the opposite is not true. I will most likely leave tmo when my contract is up.
    10-28-09 04:20 PM
    i like tmobile been with the since 2001
    there plans are the cheapest and i travel from az to cali all the time and i never had a rec prob
    i left tmobile for like a month and came rite back there plans are the cheapest
    10-28-09 04:26 PM
    Im happy over all. Prices are very comepititive, better than carriers. Only wish was that there was a WIFI equiped storm available directly from Tmobile.
    10-29-09 08:13 AM
    I've been with t-mobile for 2 months. Coverage is excellent in my neighborhood and in NYC where I travel a lot. But it can be spotty sometimes especially indoors where my phone shows an SOS sign which basically means it receives ATT signal. Coverage is the only reason that prevents me from giving them an A. Customer service is excellent fares very high over my previous carrier VZW.

10-29-09 03:06 PM
    Cant say enough for the Customer Service. Good call quality isn most places. UMA a big plus as well.
    10-29-09 03:41 PM
    I've been with them since '02 and reception/coverage has always been an issue. Customer service has always been pretty good, although I've had several errors made over the years by reps who didn't know exactly what they were talking about which led to unexpected charges, etc. etc. I like the pricing, and I cannot leave simply because the UMA calling offers so many advantages. As soon as they shut the UMA international calling loophole, however- I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball. The coverage is rather annoying most of the time.

10-29-09 07:59 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD