View Poll Results: How Would You Rate Sprint?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • A grade - I'll never go to any other carrier

44 31.43%
  • B grade - Better than the other carriers

64 45.71%
  • C grade - All carriers are the same

9 6.43%
  • D grade - Improvement needed

21 15.00%
  • F grade - They just aren't for me

2 1.43%
01-31-10 08:42 PM
66 123
tools
    You must have bought your Tour from Sprint, lol, who does that anymore? I cant stand mailing in the rebates, and places like Bestbuy and Radioshack let you walk out the door with the discount already, to many people involved with one rebate
    I did. Funny thing though, is that I normally don't. When we signed up, we went through Wirefly, I just (like one hour ago) ordered my daughter's Pixi through Best Buy. I don't know why I ordered my Tour through Sprint, I think they gave me a discount, even though I wasn't eligible for a new phone for a few months. Who knows.

I'm done with the paper rebates now though.
    01-15-10 01:29 AM
    GRADE B

6 plus yrs as a sprint customer, I have had both good and bad experiences with sprint.

The service is bar none, the best out there.

CS is another issue. I have had instances where I had to call and talk to different reps to get the same situation taken care of. I hate wasting my time talking to different reps about the same situation.

Since, i'm a premier cust with 4 phones on one acct, I can't complain at all about the prices.

Better choice of phones would help!

PS. I sometimes purchase from a reseller (like Bestbuy) to avoid having to wait on a rebate......that sucks!
    01-15-10 02:29 AM
    Sprint is amazing! B grade for a few issues, but they have overall been resolved. They have good service and great roaming, though, and if your a Premier customer, you can't complain because of the yearly phone upgrades, which is one of the main reasons that I like them actually
    01-16-10 08:36 PM
    I gave Sprint a D. CS was nice when I called but that is likely because I didn't yell at them. However, I always called back after a plan change and probably 60%+ of the time adjustments had to be made because it wasn't set right. Sprint is too picky with their phone selections and after they've selected they don't release updates very quickly. I'm talking BB and WinMo here - HTC Mogul was a big problem with releases. Their plans are nice but with all these fee uppings and 5.00 because you may not pay fees it really adds up.
    01-16-10 10:48 PM
    I gave Sprint a D. CS was nice when I called but that is likely because I didn't yell at them. However, I always called back after a plan change and probably 60%+ of the time adjustments had to be made because it wasn't set right. Sprint is too picky with their phone selections and after they've selected they don't release updates very quickly. I'm talking BB and WinMo here - HTC Mogul was a big problem with releases. Their plans are nice but with all these fee uppings and 5.00 because you may not pay fees it really adds up.
    Just curious, how long ago was it that you were with Sprint?

I ask because I had a similar problem several years ago when I changed my plan over the phone - I had to call back because they put me on Everything Messaging 450 instead of Everything Data 450 (this was back when you had to call to get it, it wasn't on the website yet).

In the past couple years, Sprint's CS has improved and I haven't had a problem since. So I'm wondering if this was back when Sprint DID have the horrible customer service they used to (and they haven't really recovered from yet).
    01-17-10 11:21 AM
    Gave them a B. What I pay a month for all that I get I cant complain!!
    01-17-10 12:03 PM
    Just curious, how long ago was it that you were with Sprint?

I ask because I had a similar problem several years ago when I changed my plan over the phone - I had to call back because they put me on Everything Messaging 450 instead of Everything Data 450 (this was back when you had to call to get it, it wasn't on the website yet).

In the past couple years, Sprint's CS has improved and I haven't had a problem since. So I'm wondering if this was back when Sprint DID have the horrible customer service they used to (and they haven't really recovered from yet).
    I was with Sprint from 2003 until the end of January 2010, my bill cycle date, when my contract is set to be cancelled. I've left it open incase VZW pisses me off and I can just grab my Pre and ask Sprint retention what they've got for me.

CSRs are definately nicer but most of them either don't know or can't work the Sprint system. If they do know they still messed things up. Granted I never called unless there was a plan I had to switch due to picking up other people, new plan perks, upgrade time, or phone insurance.
    01-17-10 01:37 PM
    Having moved to Sprint from another carrier 10 years ago, I gave them an A based on my experiences with them when I first signed up, and compared them to the last year. I don't have coverage issues, CS has improved leaps and bounds, the phone selection for what the family needs works for us, and the rates are cheap. The only issue I had was with my Tour and the trackball, they fixed it in the store, no charge.
    01-17-10 01:49 PM
    Grade:B I can't complain, I have a everything family data shared plan with 2 lines, unlimited text, internet etc. and for the money im paying its totally worth it!!
    01-17-10 10:41 PM
    I love sprint!!!!!
    01-20-10 01:28 PM

Gave them an "A"......
    The company I work for is on the Iden side of Sprint.
    Service is great, PTT works without issues unlike Verizon's Push to Wait.
    Plan prices are much cheaper than the other two big names.
    CS is great, as a matter of fact our Company was just assigned a CS Team to streamline any issues, handset upgrades, billing issues, etc.
    Very pleased!
    01-20-10 04:34 PM
    High praises for Sprint customer service @ 119th & Glisan in Portland, Oregon.
    Jerald, Mark, and Gram provide excellent GENUINE service and I'm very happy to have switched from Vzw.

If anyone in this area is thinking of signing up, I highly recommend this Sprint location.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 07:29 AM
    Sprint has always been good to me. I have good service here in new york, good prices, and upgrade every year. It is the only smart choice out there for me right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 12:06 PM
    I have been a Sprint customer for close to 4 years now and have never had any issues or problems. The coverage here in the Omaha area is excellent and I travel quite a bit between Omaha and K.C., and never have any dropped calls, etc....

Unlike with Verizon, when I was on Verizon (over 4 years ago) I had dropped calls all the time, and there were areas between Omaha and K.C. where I would get no service at all......that's why I switched to Sprint and have been happy ever since. I gave them an "A".
    01-30-10 09:37 AM
    well i started with a ic902...loved it.then went to the renegade v950.awsome phone all except you cudnt get nextel dc in most areas,great hybird phones.then went to the 8350i i liked it but to many software issues.so went to the palm pixi.only prob is there are way to many dropped calls..service sux out here in the woods(I.E) alabama.but when i go to the city the coverage is excellent...now bout the CS.they are some good ones and bad ones.more good than bad,i had,well complained so much about the issues with my blackberry8350i that they jus said heck with it and said i could have a 399$ credit limit.and this is after they sent me 5 replacment 8350is..so this department called escalations said lets get the prob solved,pick out a phone but do not exceed the 399 mark.so i picked the pixi and get this,they said you are able to upgrade and keep the pixi.so in my book they are the only phone carrier that exsist.they went the extra mile and fixed the prob... AAAAAAAAAAs acroossss the board
    01-30-10 10:42 PM
    The most affordable and overall best carrier around. I love Sprint.
    01-31-10 08:42 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD