We have seen recently what it took to have Sprint make certain changes in their international calling plans to compete. Who do we have to thank for this, In this instance it was pressure from the other carriers.

My point:
    Can other carriers supporting Blackberry end up in one-ups-man-ship so that Sprint would offer BlackBerry devices and release OS updates like other carriers? It may be the only thing that may work. Every time I speak with our rep I ***** about it! Reminding him that big Red, Magenta and Big Blue all offer Blackberry devices and release OS updates for BB!!!

We know petitions won't work but could this one-ups-man-ship continue so that Sprint will get with the program and offer the Classic and up-coming Venice and release the. 10.3 update?

Only time will tell. Until that time or until my Q10 and my 9930 don't work and I'm forced to jump ship I say KEEP RESPECTFULLY ********(biocthing). Every time you speak to a rep, every time you go into a store, every time you are asked to do a customer survey. Tell Sprint, "the other carriers are doing it"

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 08:02 PM
    They don't care because BlackBerry userbase is small enough that they'd hardly notice if we all bounced. Plus consider the number of BlackBerry users who would choose Sprint if they had to make a choice between Sprint and a BlackBerry.

Personally I need a PKB BlackBerry, so when the slider comes out on T-Mobile I'm jumping ship. Too bad as my Sprint bill and service are fine. But they have no new devices for me and they won't accept unlocked devices even if they had the necessary bands.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 06:46 PM
    I also need a PKB and would like to try Classic or maybe Venice. Tmobile coverage won't work for me. Maybe Verizon. We'll see.

You may be right about Sprints BlackBerry user base being small but they got me a new Q10 recently (after they removed BlackBerry from they're website) because I told them I'd leave if they didn't . Bottom line is when push came to shove Sprint has shown to give in to competition. They don't want to lose any user. Until I'm forced to jump ship I will remind Sprint the other carriers offer BlackBerry and insist they give me BlackBerry. Just sayin

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 09:05 PM
    We have seen recently what it took to have Sprint make certain changes in their international calling plans to compete. Who do we have to thank for this, In this instance it was pressure from the other carriers.

My point:
    Can other carriers supporting Blackberry end up in one-ups-man-ship so that Sprint would offer BlackBerry devices and release OS updates like other carriers? It may be the only thing that may work. Every time I speak with our rep I ***** about it! Reminding him that big Red, Magenta and Big Blue all offer Blackberry devices and release OS updates for BB!!!

We know petitions won't work but could this one-ups-man-ship continue so that Sprint will get with the program and offer the Classic and up-coming Venice and release the. 10.3 update?

Only time will tell. Until that time or until my Q10 and my 9930 don't work and I'm forced to jump ship I say KEEP RESPECTFULLY ********(biocthing). Every time you speak to a rep, every time you go into a store, every time you are asked to do a customer survey. Tell Sprint, "the other carriers are doing it"

Posted via CB10
    Sprint quit sending me surveys. One of the Questions were: would you recommend Sprint, I always answered NO. They text me back and asked why. My answer to that was because the lack of BlackBerry devices. Now I quit receiving surveys after calling for service problems. That makes there useless survey look bad, so they can't stack the deck and make there reviews look good. how will that help?
    08-15-15 09:15 PM
    I do the same when answering surveys. Will it help? It's like chicken soup, it can't hurt and might even do some good!

Posted via CB10
    artie likes this.
    08-16-15 05:21 AM
    You guys aren't getting it. If BlackBerry doesn't make the phones available with certain radios in them to use on Sprint, for example, none of the Passports or Classic, have the LTE-Advanced circuitry on them to use on Sprint. Sprint has stated last year and many choose to ignore it, that any new phone coming to the network,, must have all the radios and be able to do LTE-TDD which is LTE-Advanced and now that they fired up carrier aggregation, it is definitely a must. The only phone I see that is going to meet that criteria hasn't been released yet. Sometimes it isn't the Carrier that is at fault, sometimes the manufacturer does things too, in this case it was Blackberry saying they weren't going to be releasing phones with the capability Sprint needs in the devices, which stands to question why so far we only have the Q10 as the only BBOS10 device on the network. Which is the case for the Passport and Classic.
    08-16-15 09:17 AM
    Right. It also makes perfect sense when ever we have opportunity, to also keep biotching to Blackberry until such time that we're completely forced out of Sprint due to lack of BB devices! It seems both companys stand to lose in the current situation. Even Tmobile figured this out! Just sayin!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-16-15 10:51 AM
    If sprint really was interested in the BB10 phones, I'm sure BlackBerry would produce phones with bands that are compatible on their network.

Q10 on 10.3.2.2204
    08-16-15 11:15 AM
    You guys aren't getting it. If BlackBerry doesn't make the phones available with certain radios in them to use on Sprint, for example, none of the Passports or Classic, have the LTE-Advanced circuitry on them to use on Sprint. Sprint has stated last year and many choose to ignore it, that any new phone coming to the network,, must have all the radios and be able to do LTE-TDD which is LTE-Advanced and now that they fired up carrier aggregation, it is definitely a must. The only phone I see that is going to meet that criteria hasn't been released yet. Sometimes it isn't the Carrier that is at fault, sometimes the manufacturer does things too, in this case it was Blackberry saying they weren't going to be releasing phones with the capability Sprint needs in the devices, which stands to question why so far we only have the Q10 as the only BBOS10 device on the network. Which is the case for the Passport and Classic.
    This is the thing my friend. Sprint is using a basstard network. I'm guessing BlackBerry will make them with the correct radios if Sprint ordered them. Hmmm? Verizon Z30. AT&T version of the Passport. There isn't enough sales to justify Sprint purchasing them. Yes, there are many factors involved in why its not cost effective in selling them. I'm going to blame Sprint first for not supporting the BlackBerry brand. When Sprint ties there hands with billion dollar contracts with Apple, not educating the employees that are selling them, not promoting the product ( I blame both for the last two) and so on and so on. If your not going to sell a product it won't sell itself.
    08-16-15 11:28 AM
    This is the thing my friend. Sprint is using a basstard network. I'm guessing BlackBerry will make them with the correct radios if Sprint ordered them. Hmmm? Verizon Z30. AT&T version of the Passport. There isn't enough sales to justify Sprint purchasing them. Yes, there are many factors involved in why its not cost effective in selling them. I'm going to blame Sprint first for not supporting the BlackBerry brand. When Sprint ties there hands with billion dollar contracts with Apple, not educating the employees that are selling them, not promoting the product ( I blame both for the last two) and so on and so on. If your not going to sell a product it won't sell itself.
    No actually, Sprint is using the same network they have had, except they are now using Band 41 for TDD-LTE, for which part of AT&T's 2500 MHz allocation is a subset of. Sprint just like Verizon has 800mhz, 1900, and Sprint has most of the 2500-2600 segment, 120 MHz to be exact. You are blaming the wrong people to look at it like that. Oh so your not going to blame AT&T, Verizon and TMobile for doing the exact same thing, then your are surely short sighted. Oh and when the big 2 claim exclusives, far from you to blame it on Sprint too. Looking for blame to pin on someone, blame yourself because that will work just as well. And talking about bastardized networks. Look at the screwed up one Verizon has now. With AWS, PCS LTE, same with Tmobile and AT&T and with the patches of 700mhz they have too.
    vegabajaman likes this.
    08-16-15 11:41 AM
    No actually, Sprint is using the same network they have had, except they are now using Band 41 for TDD-LTE, for which part of AT&T's 2500 MHz allocation is a subset of. Sprint just like Verizon has 800mhz, 1900, and Sprint has most of the 2500-2600 segment, 120 MHz to be exact. You are blaming the wrong people to look at it like that. Oh so your not going to blame AT&T, Verizon and TMobile for doing the exact same thing, then your are surely short sighted. Oh and when the big 2 claim exclusives, far from you to blame it on Sprint too. Looking for blame to pin on someone, blame yourself because that will work just as well. And talking about bastardized networks. Look at the screwed up one Verizon has now. With AWS, PCS LTE, same with Tmobile and AT&T and with the patches of 700mhz they have too.
    Your right there isn't any carrier support besides we are talking about Sprint not AT&T and Verizon. I'm guessing CDMA is used all over the world???? Yes I'm blaming myself because Sprint doesn't sell BlackBerry devices anymore. Hmmm? Let's see CLAIM exclusive? My guess is it was handed to them on a platter. Yes let's have an exclusive on a device that has a 1 percent market share. Give me a Fen brake.

As for having the superior LTE, let me ask this. If it so great why does there network service suck so bad. Spark in major cities coverage for the most part being spotty and relying on AT&T, Verizon for coverage. I am on an unlimited data plan. Can't use it 25 percent of the time. Have to use Wifi. What a deal. Sorry, I'm to blame for that too. It's my fault that I live where I do and travel across the US with the same results.
    Yes, I am to blame. How ever that problem will be rectified this week.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 08-16-15 at 02:25 PM.
    08-16-15 12:44 PM
    Ok, so it sounds like some of us dont think Sprint would ever change for whatever reason. I get that you feel there are technical reasons or lack of interest or not enough BB users that "prevent" Sprint from carrying BB devices. You may correct.
    However, I have seen Sprint do an "about face" in certain instances and I would never say NEVER. I have highlighted some instances where they tried to counter pressure from the competition by creating new or additional offerings and in my case gave me a BB device after they removed them from the website!.

Could Sprint change. Of course they could. Will they change? I have no idea. All I can say is that before I leave, I intend on using what ever little leverage our company has to highlight that the competition supports Blackberry and I want Blackberry. (and I encourage you to do the same) because that pressure is the only thing that could possibly motivate Sprint IMO. As I always say, "nothing ventured, nothing gained"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-17-15 07:49 AM
    I'm happy with their prices and service and will continue to contact them about lack of BlackBerrys; at least till my Q10 continues to work.

Sent from ar�ie's berry  Q10 
    08-17-15 07:43 PM
    I'm happy with their prices and service and will continue to contact them about lack of BlackBerrys; at least till my Q10 continues to work.

Sent from ar�ie's berry  Q10 
    To each his own. If that works for you then great. I have been with them for a long time and really don't like change. But I'm personally moving on and cutting my bill in half. I'm not going to have unlimited data but will have 10GB per device per month. Beside having unlimited and can't use it? What's that worth? Now that they aren't going to have contracts, if they improve I just may do business with them in the future. We will have to see what the future holds.
    08-17-15 08:21 PM
    I'm certain it will be a good move for you, enjoy. I'm also not quick to change because of loyalty and the right price & without problems of any kind. Also the Q10 allows me the practical and effortless tool to get things done efficiently, even running 10.2.1. As things stand, I'm not in a hurry....take care

Sent from ar�ie's  Q10 
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-17-15 08:55 PM
    I'm certain it will be a good move for you, enjoy. I'm also not quick to change because of loyalty and the right price & without problems of any kind. Also the Q10 allows me the practical and effortless tool to get things done efficiently, even running 10.2.1. As things stand, I'm not in a hurry....take care

There isn't that much difference in 10.2 versus 10.3. Your not missing much. I have been trying a Z30 for the past month another network to see how it will work for us. Needless to say our new BlackBerries devices are do in tomorrow.
    The Q10 is a great device but it's hill getting old, I can't see what's on the tiny screen. I was going to get the Passport for myself but got the Z30. Anywho good luck with your endeavors. Hopefully Sprint and BlackBerry can be there for us again.
    08-17-15 09:28 PM
    What carrier are you migrating to?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 05:14 AM
    What carrier are you migrating to?

Posted via CB10
    I'm going prepaid. For the moment I'm going to use Cricket Wireless. I would like to use T-Mobile but there is a 60 mile dead spot and I'm located right in the middle of it. Cricket seems to have better 3 and 4 G coverage in my area than Sprint. At least my options are open for GSM network.

This is my beach with Sprint
    1. No blackberry devices
    2. Charge me $10 a month per BlackBerry device. To guarantee me coverage, is what they tell me. BS
    3. My device roams all the time. Sucking the life out of my battery and can't use any data.
    4. Dropped calls 4 or 5 per day.
    5. Calls sound like I'm in a tin can.
    6. People that I call can't hear me but I can hear them. When this happens I have to hangup and call them back. Happens 4 or 5 times per day.
    7. Take 5 minutes to send a picture or an email. It s to the point I wait until I'm on Wi-Fi before sending.
    I've beach for the last 10 years to Sprint. And this is what I get. Well let's look at the coverage map. Your in a good area. We will send a report to our Engineering Dept to see what they can do. Or we will do some setting changes on our end. More BS! Just can't take it anymore.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 08-18-15 at 09:02 AM.
    ZayDub likes this.
    08-18-15 07:33 AM
    Yes. With all those issues I would change also.

Sprint has only gotten better in Southern New England where we mostly work, with 4G in metropolitan areas and fair coverage in northern New England (although roaming) . My big gripe with Sprint is no new Blackberrys!

I may ultimately have to jump ship but not ready yet.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Davantazh; 08-18-15 at 05:50 PM.
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-18-15 05:40 PM
    I will say it is better sense they upgrade the towers in my area. It was worse before they did that. Can you imagine that?

I personally would jump ship if you like them. Just because they don't sell BlackBerry devices. I know you would like an Android BlackBerry, maybe something may change when that happens. Personally I'm not looking forward to that day. But what happens, happens.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 08-18-15 at 06:21 PM.
    08-18-15 06:05 PM
    I also get great coverage in San Diego where I live and work.

08-18-15 09:21 PM
    You being sarcastic?
    08-18-15 10:46 PM
    You being sarcastic?
    Why would you ask that? I have absolutely no problems wherever I go in San Diego. My Q10 does everything I need. Sarcasm is not how I deal with anything. It was not my intention, just being sincere.

dphjeff likes this.
    08-18-15 11:33 PM
    Ok well like I said earlier about Sprint changing, never say never! Based on a report/leak, on Crackberry, It seems Sprint may come around and offer the Venice!

We shall see!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Davantazh; 08-19-15 at 09:32 AM.
    08-19-15 09:00 AM
    Ok well like I said earlier about Sprint changing, never say never! Based on a report/leak, on Crackberry, It seems Sprint may come around and offer the Venice!

We shall see!

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion that's not a BlackBerry! It a bastardberry. But we all know what they say about opinions.
    I would call it a Frankenberry but the name is all ready taken.
    08-19-15 11:32 AM
36 12