So i went to verizon site to check out my usage today and i noticed they changed it before you used to look to see how many mb you used and now it only by kb. it was just so much easier to keep track of a smaller number so i like that feature. But the main reason im posting is on my current usage page there is a section under my data usage which says
    Domestic
    Mobile Broadband Connect
    Data Used
    Usage Type My Usage
    Kilobytes 0.00KB

is this for my berry? never seen it before so i thought i would ask the experts instead of calling a rep. and i dont have a network connect card.
    06-28-09 07:10 PM
    So i went to verizon site to check out my usage today and i noticed they changed it before you used to look to see how many mb you used and now it only by kb. it was just so much easier to keep track of a smaller number so i like that feature. But the main reason im posting is on my current usage page there is a section under my data usage which says
    Domestic
    Mobile Broadband Connect
    Data Used
    Usage Type My Usage
    Kilobytes 0.00KB

is this for my berry? never seen it before so i thought i would ask the experts instead of calling a rep. and i dont have a network connect card.
    That's been there awhile, but it isn't for smartphones. If you had a mobile broadband card or were accessing pay as you go data, then you'd have values in those spots.

With a BlackBerry, I'd not worry about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 07:28 PM
    So i am in the clear? I just didn't want to see a 60 extra bill at the end of the month. Thank for the response.
    06-28-09 07:32 PM
    You're fine - with BlackBerry, you have unlimited data - it isn't metered.

06-28-09 08:18 PM
    This is what mine says under my berry!

Usage Type My Usage Allowance
    Kilobytes 8,843.02KB Unlimited

Notice unlimited!! Like TwinsX2Dad said on a berry you have unlimited data!
    06-29-09 08:47 PM
    They basically split it up. They used to bundle your data on your handheld + tethering in one number. Now you can see what you've used tethering and on your handheld seperately.

omestic Data Used
    29.835 Megabytes Used
    Estimate as of 06/29/09 10:34 AM

This is for your phone:

Monthly Allowance: Unlimited
    Cycle ends 07/20/09 Usage Type My Usage Allowance
    Megabytes 2354.835MB Unlimited

This is for tethering...

Domestic
    Mobile Broadband ConnectData Usage

( 06/21 - 06/29 )

In Kilobytes 0 KB
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 06-29-09 at 09:39 PM.
    06-29-09 09:35 PM
    If you notice when you get in MB range it will give you the option to view in MB or GB if your in that range.
    07-01-09 07:19 AM
    ok so pretend I am really stupid......I can listen to I heart radio whenever I want> someone told me that I have a usage limit on kb and all of that, so i havent been running it.

I love crackberry
    07-01-09 07:30 AM
    They basically split it up. They used to bundle your data on your handheld + tethering in one number. Now you can see what you've used tethering and on your handheld seperately.
    Another way t look at it is like this:

Could VZW program it to where your unlimited BlackBerry usage does not appear in MyVerizon? Of course they could. A simple script addition would do it. So why don't they do this? They don't because it is a value statement.

You're on MyVerizon to see this. Because of this, you can also see what data costs could be if you were paying for data ala carte. Your numbers may show 3GB or 9.2GB or 1.57GB. Suddenly, your $30 smartphone unlimited data plan or your $15 dumbphone data package or your Connect/Premium plan looks better.

You are allowed to see it to verify what you're using. Now figure what you could be paying if you didn't have that plan and you see your extra monthly is worth it.

For many, this value statement helps you feel VZW is offering you a great deal.

07-01-09 08:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD