I bought a used 8830 after being told by a telus rep that I COULD use my phone with another SIM in Panama, as long as the frequencies matched.
    Well, the frequency is fine, but the phone doesn't work. I'm here in panama semi-permanently, cancelled my contract before I left Canada, and my phone is worthless.
    Lots of companies claim to have the unlock code for a price, but my paying even $15 is $15 too much if it's a scam.
    Anyone know anything about these companies, or one you can recommend?
    Telus is no help. As I'm no longer a 'client', I'm worthless to them, even though it was their rep that screwed it all up to begin with.
    06-08-10 04:46 PM
    Stick with a reputable unlocker, you will find some in my sig..and of course, if you have any questions you could always email them for more information.

Personally speaking, there are many other unlockers available, I'm only speaking from experience with the ones I have listed. Not in any way stating the others are not reputable as well, just that I have not done business with them to speak from experience.
    06-08-10 06:20 PM
    I can also vouch for both the guys in Bla1ze's sig Plus there are a few other good ones in our Unlocking Forum where I will move this thread
    06-08-10 08:55 PM
    Let us know we can give you a good deal for one
    06-08-10 10:21 PM
    CarrierUnlock is legit and the price is right!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 11:50 PM
    I can also give you a great deal and I've got the customer service to go with it. Feel free to contact me if you need a code!

Anyone on this forum will take care of you. Just pick someone and go for it.
    06-09-10 05:15 PM
    I appreciate all your help. I actually went with Carrierunlock, but had forgotten I had gone to a guy here in panama who said he could unlock anything. Turns out he not only couldn't, but used up all my attempts in the process.
    I'm waiting to hear back from carrierunlock to see if there's any hope.
    Anyone else have any ideas?
    It's too decent a phone to have it useless, and I vowed to never use TELUS again when I go back home.
    06-09-10 05:50 PM
    Did you receive all our responses?
    06-10-10 01:17 AM
    I did, and thank you. For everyone else, Carrierunlock makes it clear there are no refunds, something I knew before purchasing my unlock code.
    They offered to unlock another phone for free. (I have no other locked ones that use a SIM, unfortunately) so I won't be able to use this opportunity.
    I'll have to travel to Panama city and hope some cell shop can do it there, unless anyone has another idea...
    06-10-10 09:26 AM
    unlocktycoon - $1.89 Blackberry Sale? Wow...
    06-10-10 09:30 AM
    Yes sir! Instant processing too. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need a code or visit my website.
    06-10-10 09:26 PM
    I did, and thank you. For everyone else, Carrierunlock makes it clear there are no refunds, something I knew before purchasing my unlock code.
    They offered to unlock another phone for free. (I have no other locked ones that use a SIM, unfortunately) so I won't be able to use this opportunity.
    I'll have to travel to Panama city and hope some cell shop can do it there, unless anyone has another idea...
    Sorry to hear that your phone had 0 attempts left. The only we can unlock it if you have 0 attempts would be for us to have the phone physically.
    06-10-10 10:29 PM
    We can beat it just let us know.
    06-11-10 12:19 AM
    Hi everyone.

Can the blackberry 8300 locked to Vodafone PT can be unlocked? It still has 3 attempts left to unlock
    06-11-10 02:26 PM
    Hi everyone.

Can the blackberry 8300 locked to Vodafone PT can be unlocked? It still has 3 attempts left to unlock
    Yes it can be unlocked. We can help you get the correct code for your phone.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-11-10 02:28 PM
    And how much it is? can i pay by paypal?
    06-11-10 02:45 PM
    And how much it is? can i pay by paypal?
    Yes we accept Paypal and you can see the prices on our website and you can also use coupon code "crackb50" and get 50% Discount.
    06-11-10 02:46 PM
    I have already looked over there, but i can�t see Vodafone PT. Does the method worldwide works?
    06-11-10 02:50 PM
    I have already looked over there, but i can�t see Vodafone PT. Does the method worldwide works?
    Yes correct, you can choose the Worldwide Blackberry Service.
    06-11-10 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD