so im on my 4th storm and all they are offering my is another storm, what should i say to convince them to swap it for a tour i really cannot stand using this phone anymore still very buggy.
    07-30-09 07:30 PM
    Tell them you don't want another Storm and that you're tired of it and you're not afraid to switch to a different carrier over this phone.
    07-30-09 07:39 PM
    Tell them you don't want another Storm and that you're tired of it and you're not afraid to switch to a different carrier over this phone.
    i did try saying i was gonna switch but the manager didnt seem to care i guess ill call back and try again.
    07-30-09 07:42 PM
    i would say go to planet feedback and file a complaint. executive relations will call you and call you quick.
    07-30-09 07:50 PM
    Threatening to switch usually does it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 07:50 PM
    i just got my curve 8900 yesterday evrything works fine but i cant watch youtube vids and open tunes up on imeem.com help!!!!! it wont let me download flash to my phone!!
    07-30-09 07:55 PM
    i just got my curve 8900 yesterday evrything works fine but i cant watch youtube vids and open tunes up on imeem.com help!!!!! it wont let me download flash to my phone!!
    I guess you're new to forums.

07-30-09 08:05 PM
    has to be new to forums
    07-30-09 08:07 PM
    so what should i do just keep explaining my missed calls/issues with lock button/over all buggyness and slow os and call them again like tomorrow (just got the phone replaced today but still is horrid). or hope another hardware issue happens(speaker issue) that is very provable?
    07-30-09 08:10 PM
    It Cant Hurt To Ask.
    07-30-09 09:08 PM
    I would just call tomorrow and let them know its still crapping out on you. hopefully you get a rep who cares about keeping you as a customer.
    07-30-09 10:18 PM
    so im on my 4th storm and all they are offering my is another storm, what should i say to convince them to swap it for a tour i really cannot stand using this phone anymore still very buggy.
    Don't stop untill you get someone that replaces it. If you hit a brickwall call again. Say that you went into a store and they told you to call tech support to get it replaced with a tour. And say you have been on the phone for X amount of hours(at least 3) and you need to have a phone for your business. I would do it if you told me that.
    07-31-09 02:53 PM
    so what should i do just keep explaining my missed calls/issues with lock button/over all buggyness and slow os and call them again like tomorrow (just got the phone replaced today but still is horrid). or hope another hardware issue happens(speaker issue) that is very provable?
    How many apps are you running on your phone? I never had those problems with my Storm..

By the way - nice post on Planet Feedback... "I've had 4 storms and I want a Tour".. lol
    07-31-09 03:02 PM
    Honestly, I think you should be grateful Verizon cares enough to send you 4 replacement Storms...
    07-31-09 03:06 PM
    Honestly, I think you should be grateful Verizon cares enough to send you 4 replacement Storms...
    Honestly,
    You deserve a phone that works.
    07-31-09 03:07 PM
    Exactly.. They could be sent to the manufacturer for replacements. If you buy a TV from Best Buy - who do you normally go through in terms of warranty process? How long does that process take?

People who complain to me about getting a refurbished phone I just direct to the manufacturer to send their phone in for repair. That way they can just be without a phone for a few weeks. Forget getting a credit..
    07-31-09 03:09 PM
    Exactly.. They could be sent to the manufacturer for replacements. If you buy a TV from Best Buy - who do you normally go through in terms of warranty process? How long does that process take?

People who complain to me about getting a refurbished phone I just direct to the manufacturer to send their phone in for repair. That way they can just be without a phone for a few weeks. Forget getting a credit..
    But they don't send them to manufacturers so I don't know what the point of this post is.
    07-31-09 03:13 PM
    i would have to say you call them...get through the reps intro, and then just say the one word that always works...its just one word

Say " Sorry" then take the replacement they offer you. Instead of everyone trying to find a way to make vzw keep swapping them to the phone they want, and screwing everyone that has real problems.. Mark my words it wont be long before the only way to get a replacement phone will be to go into a corp. store, and replicate the problem.
    07-31-09 03:14 PM
    iMark my words it wont be long before the only way to get a replacement phone will be to go into a corp. store, and replicate the problem.
    Its not now so ppl will continue to do what they do.
    07-31-09 03:19 PM
    But they don't send them to manufacturers so I don't know what the point of this post is.
    huh? I'm referring to Dr. Sadistic's post about how people should be grateful they receive replacements from Verizon.

The fact that Verizon is not the manufacturer, but sends out replacement phones in a heartbeat says that the company wants the customer to have a working device. The way most companies work when products are sold (Sony 42in from Best Buy) is that they require you to contact the manufacturer for replacements or repair.
    07-31-09 03:20 PM
    huh? I'm referring to Dr. Sadistic's post about how people should be grateful they receive replacements from Verizon.

The fact that Verizon is not the manufacturer, but sends out replacement phones in a heartbeat says that the company wants the customer to have a working device. The way most companies work when products are sold (Sony 42in from Best Buy) is that they require you to contact the manufacturer for replacements or repair.
    Oh ok I took that another way. I agree but they are the service provider. Its like you satelite not working with your dish network. They don't call the manufacturer of the dish, dish network would replace it as the service provider. Cuz if you don't have a phone/dish that works you won't be payin your bill. Best Buy got the money for the TV they could give 2 sh*ts.
    07-31-09 03:23 PM
    Is the Curve 8900 with TMobile? If so, that may be your problem b/c I have a good friend that's with TMobile and she can't open YouTube videos on her BB, but I can open them all day long on VZ...I'm not sure on this, but maybe TMobile's BB software won't allow it. You may need to check with a TMobile technician to be sure...

07-31-09 03:38 PM
    Oh ok I took that another way. I agree but they are the service provider. Its like you satelite not working with your dish network. They don't call the manufacturer of the dish, dish network would replace it as the service provider. Cuz if you don't have a phone/dish that works you won't be payin your bill. Best Buy got the money for the TV they could give 2 sh*ts.
    Their contract is different and includes customer responsibility. When you call Dish with a warranty issue, you get it fixed - a refurb component usually - but part of their price includes the service. If you keep having lightning strike the dish or the kids use it for pitcing practice, you will be paying for a new one.

A satellite system is not prone to user errors, anyway. Plus you don't have dummies looking to upgrade their system with the latest dish color.

And, if you don't pay your Dish bill, regardless of equipment issues, you will get referred to collections & your credit report will take a hit.

Want extended warranty coverage? VZW offers that, too - you'll pay for it and still get a refurb.

And still no guarantee of user error.

07-31-09 06:05 PM
    Their contract is different and includes customer responsibility. When you call Dish with a warranty issue, you get it fixed - a refurb component usually - but part of their price includes the service. If you keep having lightning strike the dish or the kids use it for pitcing practice, you will be paying for a new one.

A satellite system is not prone to user errors, anyway. Plus you don't have dummies looking to upgrade their system with the latest dish color.

And, if you don't pay your Dish bill, regardless of equipment issues, you will get referred to collections & your credit report will take a hit.

Want extended warranty coverage? VZW offers that, too - you'll pay for it and still get a refurb.

And still no guarantee of user error.

Oh Im sure he knew that. remember he "works" for vzw

j/k b&b
    Last edited by MofoMagic; 08-01-09 at 02:13 PM.
    07-31-09 08:02 PM
    I called VZW because of my Storm shutting down and/or rebooting at will and told the rep that I understood that they were replacing Storms that didn't work.
    She had the gall to say no and that I needed to update my OS. Long story short an hour later, after updating to .141, I had a Storm that functioned normally and has ever since.
    To me one Storm not working is within the realm of understandable but 2 or more says look at something else like some of those things mentioned here and in other threads including OS, apps running, apps downloaded, and settings.
    My problem solving training background (Certified KT Program Leader) says look at when the problem started as a point of investigation. If the problem started almost immediately after getting it then maybe the phone is broken or the phone is not getting a good signal or radio is off. If it started after settings were changed or apps were added then look at those events for cause.
    07-31-09 08:25 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD