I have my LG enV2 phone sitting on my desk and i don't know what to do with it. it does not have any service (300$ payment not made) so i got a new BB curve 8330 on a different Verizon account. but since i already got my BB curve 8330 i dont know what to do with my LG enV2 phone. is there anything else i can do with it? i know if i ask Verizon to disconnect the line they'll want me to first make the 300$ payment and theyll charge me another 100$ disconnection fee. so, what else can i do with the phone?
    04-20-09 03:07 AM
    You owe the money, pay the bill. That would give you more options as to what you could with the env. It's just the right thing to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 05:36 AM
    You could sell it for parts indicating to the buyer that it has a bad ESN. You won't get much and you still owe the money and eventually your credit will take a hit.

04-20-09 05:48 AM
    You could sell it for parts indicating to the buyer that it has a bad ESN. You won't get much and you still owe the money and eventually your credit will take a hit.

Im not the owner of the account for the LG enV2.

How much do you think i can cell the phone for? even with a bad ESN.
    04-20-09 06:28 AM

Next to nothing!
    04-20-09 06:33 AM
    I have my LG enV2 phone sitting on my desk and i don't know what to do with it. it does not have any service (300$ payment not made) so i got a new BB curve 8330 on a different Verizon account. but since i already got my BB curve 8330 i dont know what to do with my LG enV2 phone. is there anything else i can do with it? i know if i ask Verizon to disconnect the line they'll want me to first make the 300$ payment and theyll charge me another 100$ disconnection fee. so, what else can i do with the phone?
    Great to hear, you owe on one account, and you go start another. Which I'm not sure how you accomplished that in the first place, if you owed so much.
    04-20-09 06:36 AM
    Great to hear, you owe on one account, and you go start another. Which I'm not sure how you accomplished that in the first place, if you owed so much.
    usually they catch that since you need your ssn to sign up (I'm assuming since other carriers do)... pretty crappy thing to do, OP or "whoever" owns it needs to get some responsibility sometime.
    04-20-09 06:54 AM

Wow, you're screwing somebody else with a $300 bill and then you're still looking to profit further from it?
    04-20-09 07:46 AM
    You should pay your bill and stop trying to screw people out of their money.
    04-20-09 07:55 AM
    You should pay your bill and stop trying to screw people out of their money.
    im not trying to screw anyone over. the account owners friend that was connected to the owners account screwed the owner over and didnt pay there share. but i payed my share. now it seems like i have to wait until they pay that $300 to the account owner so i can disconnect my phone from the account.
    04-20-09 08:08 AM
    well sorry for assuming the worst in you...that sucks dude and the fact that it will mess you credit up due to some **** that won't pay. sorry.
    04-20-09 08:11 AM
    Hmm I smell fish sticks. but other then that.... This is one reason not to ever do joint accounts or buddy up with someone. I really hope your not still friends with this person.....
    04-20-09 08:13 AM
    Hmm I smell fish sticks. but other then that.... This is one reason not to ever do joint accounts or buddy up with someone. I really hope your not still friends with this person.....
    no im not friends with him anymore. it seems every time i try to help someone out i get screwed over
    04-20-09 08:15 AM
    no im not friends with him anymore. it seems every time i try to help someone out i get screwed over
    Well I'm getting the feeling he is not going to pay his part...so you might as well pay it off little by little. I know its not your part to pay, but if I were you I would call verizon and tell them the situation. Verizon has always worked with me and I'm sure they will work with you!
    04-20-09 08:18 AM
    Sucks to hear man. And also sorry to hear that a friendship gets messed up by this, but as you can see he/she used you... I guess in the end we all learn from our mistakes. I would suggest you be more cautious later in life with things involving money...

Good luck, in what ever you figure out to do.
    04-20-09 08:20 AM
    Well I'm getting the feeling he is not going to pay his part...so you might as well pay it off little by little. I know its not your part to pay, but if I were you I would call verizon and tell them the situation. Verizon has always worked with me and I'm sure they will work with you!
    Good idea ill call them up in a bit.
    04-20-09 08:20 AM
    i'd say your best bet is honestly cut your losses, and bizzounce...keep the phone, it might work eventually. and its a great device!
    04-20-09 11:50 AM
    Donate it to the smithsonian
    04-20-09 04:59 PM

im not trying to screw anyone over.

Um...yes you are. Every post you have made is worse than the last. Stop trying to rip people off.
    04-21-09 01:51 PM
    Um...yes you are. Every post you have made is worse than the last. Stop trying to rip people off.
    Sorry, but I have to agree with Smachart here.

Someone else had the account. You had a phone subsidized by the carrier, based on a two-year agreement. That agreement was not fulfilled by the account holder, therefore any and all subsidized devices on the account have not been paid for in full, so therefore the phone is locked until such payment is made.

Another thing is the phone is legally tied to the account holder. If they report it as stolen, you may have more troubles, especially if you try to sell it. So even if you pay off the bill, the phone might not be released to you and may remain locked up.

Until the contract has been fulfilled, you do not legally own the device.

Your best bet would be to turn the phone I to VZW or return it to the account holder. Any claims you might have regarding monies paid for the phone or service lie with that person and not with any carrier.

My advice - do not try to sell the phone. Cut your losses, return the phone and, if you want to try for any recovery, file in small-claims court against your former friend.

Chalk it up to experience learned & don't get yourself in trouble. The context of your postings indicate a desire to put the screws to either VZW or the account holder for your misplaced trust.

04-21-09 03:16 PM
    New to this. I bought a enV2 from ebay for girlfriend and took it to verizonto turn on...but has a bad esn...what can I do?
    06-09-09 11:25 AM
    Myberry,

Send it back to the person you purchased it from.

If it is non-refundable, then I hate to say it, but you're probably out of luck. 99/100 people who sell a phone w/ an ESN on a negative list know it's bad and they're just trying to screw someone over. That's why you ALWAYS get the ESN checked before selecting a phone, especially from Ebay/craigslist. Always.

Edit: you could also check and see if the old owner might have have lost it at one point, and never reported it found after puttung it on the negative list. If that's the case, have the old owner (account holder, preferably) call in to VZW and report that the device is no longer needed to be on the negative list. Tech will remove it for them and then you should be g2g.

Good luck.

Last edited by Fried Rice Mofo; 06-09-09 at 11:43 AM.
    06-09-09 11:37 AM
    New to this. I bought a enV2 from ebay for girlfriend and took it to verizonto turn on...but has a bad esn...what can I do?
    Did you pay by paypal or credit? If so send it back to the seller WITH A TRACKABLE METHOD (make sure it is tracked with signature confirmation) and then if they refuse to refund the money file against paypal or your credit card.. Give them the documentation of you contacting him telling him the ESN is bad and you want to return it for your money since he sold a fraudulant device.. Also give them the tracking info and signature confirmation showing he got the device... 9.9 times out of 10 they will refund your money (paypal has done it atleast twice for me for people selling fake items advertising them as namebrand)... might take a couple weeks to a month or two to see the money but atleast you will get it back...

I once didn't send it back with a trackable method and the guy claims he never recieved it... Luckily he had a business fraud complaint in the state of New York against him for the same thing with someone who proved it so they rolled my case into the trackable one and i got a refund from paypal... But i learned my lesson.. If i buy from the internet now it is always on my american express since they will reverse charges if the business sells bad items...
    If it is non-refundable, then I hate to say it, but you're probably out of luck.
    Depends.. If the posting clearily stated working phone, or in no way implied that the phone is ESN blocked or otherwise disabled then non-refundable or not... it is fraudulant...
    Last edited by numus; 06-09-09 at 11:48 AM.
    06-09-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD