The more likely numbers would be several thousand class members splitting a few million and getting a certificate for $XX off your next BB purchase.

Save all the trouble and wasted tax $ for when you get some actual damages or a claim.
    Yup, I agree. I was going to go there (direct marketing to try to increase the size of the class), but my post was already about 1000 words too long
    12-23-09 05:38 PM
    Thanks so much for that extended analysis. It's nice to see someone who knows about the law. Also keep in mind that, IIRC, legal bills are not able to be written off federal income taxes, so a plaintiff who wins $X and then pays 1/3 $X to his atty still needs to pay taxes on the whole $X! Crappy law, write to your congressman.
    Great point about the fees. Income to the US attorneys handling, and income on the settlement funds. So much for no double taxation!
    12-23-09 05:39 PM
    how do you go about getting a credit with your provider? just call cs?
    12-23-09 06:05 PM
    yups. Give 'em a sob story and tell 'em you're pissed that you missed a whole day of work because of the outage. They throw you a few bucks.
    12-23-09 09:55 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD