Hello, Verizon world. I'm a current iPhone user,on AT&T.I've been in crackberry rehab while with AT&T. But I'm ready to relapse,(Storm 2). AT&T service sucks!!!! And I'm fed up,paying $164 a month for horrible 3g (fastest 3g yeah right) and bad customer service. Never used verizon before,and just wanted to know in your opinion what makes them your choice of providers?? Also I hear alot about them crippling devices. Thanks to all,and may god bless you,and all you hold dear to your heart.
    Last edited by C_Zilla; 08-14-09 at 10:29 PM.
    08-14-09 10:26 PM
    Coverage area, Network reliablilty, Cost for both are about the same. Find a firned with VZW in your area and ask them as well.

Boston, lucky you. This area will be a test market for the new LTE network with VZW - G4 rollout for test by the end of the year. Will make ATT 3G look like dialup
    08-14-09 10:32 PM
    What's up C -

I think you answered your own question...

AT&T service sucks!!!!
    At least in my area, I never drop calls, and have service when my friends don't. I've never had an issue with voice, or data, anywhere I have gone.

Thanks to all,and may god bless you,and all you hold dear to your heart.
    Thanks man, you too...
    08-14-09 10:33 PM
    Aw look. Your first post and you offended every young, left-wing kid on here.

Thankfully, I am not one of those atheists.

As someone who used to work for AT&T and who has had AT&T, Nextel (pre-Sprint) and Verizon, I could weave a web of stuff for you. But most of it would be redundant. Look at the following thread. If you still have questions, come back and we'll talk.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/rea...erizon-291473/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 10:36 PM
    May God bless you as well

As for Verizon, I travel a lot and have never had a bad area. Customer Service is suburb and they will pretty much bend over backwards for you 99% of the time.
    08-14-09 10:47 PM
    What's up C -

I think you answered your own question...

At least in my area, I never drop calls, and have service when my friends don't. I've never had an issue with voice, or data, anywhere I have gone.

Thanks man, you too...
    Thanks, PDigg.
    08-14-09 10:54 PM
    May God bless you as well

As for Verizon, I travel a lot and have never had a bad area. Customer Service is suburb and they will pretty much bend over backwards for you 99% of the time.
    Ohm4,thanks for that info.
    08-14-09 11:03 PM
    Aw look. Your first post and you offended every young, left-wing kid on here.

Thankfully, I am not one of those atheists.

As someone who used to work for AT&T and who has had AT&T, Nextel (pre-Sprint) and Verizon, I could weave a web of stuff for you. But most of it would be redundant. Look at the following thread. If you still have questions, come back and we'll talk.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/rea...erizon-291473/

Thanks,for that link. And the last thing I'd want to do is offend someone on here. I really do pray god blesses us all. And If that offends anyone,it'll cost them nothing to pay me no mind. Thanks again.
    08-14-09 11:10 PM
    Thanks,for that link. And the last thing I'd want to do is offend someone on here. I really do pray god blesses us all. And If that offends anyone,it'll cost them nothing to pay me no mind. Thanks again.
    No offense here. I was just trying to be silly, anyway.

Besides, where is it written that someone has a right to not be offended? Once you go there, you might as well throw out freedom of speech, as well as the Bible.

Just be prepared. Some of the people here are a bit rough around the edges.

08-14-09 11:24 PM
    Coverage area, Network reliablilty
    That is true if you don't live in a Verizon/Alltel area. The networks haven't been integrated yet and service is bad in some areas. Eventually they'll have the kinks worked out but it's taking a lot longer then many of us would like.
    Last edited by gvillager; 08-14-09 at 11:35 PM.
    08-14-09 11:32 PM
    Think about at&t... they have one of the top selling phones - iphone - and are still chasing ppl away. that should say enough.
    08-14-09 11:50 PM
    No offense here. I was just trying to be silly, anyway.

Besides, where is it written that someone has a right to not be offended? Once you go there, you might as well throw out freedom of speech, as well as the Bible.

Just be prepared. Some of the people here are a bit rough around the edges.

Thanks,for the heads up. I'm sure,someone will try to bait a argument. But I'm only here to chat and learn all I can about verizon.I can't take AT&T anymore.Once again,thanks for that link and the offer of help.
    08-15-09 01:26 AM
    Think about at&t... they have one of the top selling phones - iphone - and are still chasing ppl away. that should say enough.
    I've, been missing 3 out of 20 calls a day(phone doesn't even ring),and I'll get a phantom VM notification.I googled it,and Its a nation wide problem. The iPhone,has been AT&T gift and curse.Their network can't handle all the iPhone traffic. And they know it,even the CEO knows it.If I'm going to pay $164 a month,I'd rather have the verizon guy behind me.
    08-15-09 01:36 AM
    Reasons why VZW is better (than AT&T, especially sprint, and definately T-mobile)

1. VZW works in Elevators, Tunnels, All Airports, Schools (our school uses a cellphone dampener and I still get more bars than likewise Iphone users at school) and most importantly it works in the grocery store. I have no idea why grocery stores are such deadzones but they usually are, and ever since i switched to vzw, I gotten reception, even all the way back in the meat section! haha.

2. 3G speed. Just prove it to yourself. Take any person on any network, do a mobile speedtest, and verizon will 9 times out of 10 come out MUCh faster than the other networks.

3. The "Network" Since the Alltel merger, now is it 90 or 100 million people use verizon? anyways its pretty much 1 out of 3 cellphone users have Verizon, so 1 out of 3 persons I call/text is completely free, anytime of the day, for anything.

4. Customer service. I have spoken to very few verizon buttholes, opposed to almost every AT&T rep/cs I spoke to had a stick shoved waaaaaaaaaay up their ___holes. My brother has worked for AT&T as a rep. He has witnessed it first hand. At least if one of them had to be a ahole, at least vzw has the superior product and could possibly get away with it. AT&T on the other hand has NO reason.

and those are my reasons! I started off with AT&T, then nextel, then the nextel/sprint merger happened which made me switch to VZW and I have never looked back!
    08-15-09 03:41 AM
    I had Tmobile and their coverage was awful. VZW coverage is tons better....friends and family work great...my bill dropped in half. I pay $100 for two BBs with data 1400min...With Friends and Family....dont even need the 1400 min...but the cost benefit works better.
    08-15-09 12:13 PM
    How do you only pa $100 for 2 BB when $60.00 of that is data plan?

08-15-09 12:20 PM
    Coverage for both carriers depends on your area. For me, I could only ever use At&t or TMo since they are the only ones that get coverage at my house in Las Vegas. Im on the outskirts of the city. But with Verizon, they dont give you Wifi on there BB's. You just have to figure out what network is best in your area and go with them.
    08-15-09 12:24 PM
    How do you only pa $100 for 2 BB when $60.00 of that is data plan?

You read my thoughts. I pay 160 including taxes for 2 BB and 1 pre-November Smartphone. 700 minutes, basic text packages. I seen other VZW customers post some outage low dollars with twice as may phones as me.
    08-15-09 12:35 PM
    I've, been missing 3 out of 20 calls a day(phone doesn't even ring),and I'll get a phantom VM notification.I googled it,and Its a nation wide problem. The iPhone,has been AT&T gift and curse.Their network can't handle all the iPhone traffic. And they know it,even the CEO knows it.If I'm going to pay $164 a month,I'd rather have the verizon guy behind me.
    Sounds like you are on the right track. I've had verizon longer than I've been in their employ. Also have worked for AT&T. Based JUST how I'm treated at work and how I'm treated over the phone when I have to contact in; Verizon has the cake in customer service and tech support.
    I was customer care with AT&T and whenever I had to get to tech they acted like I was an ***** as well as an inconvieniance when I called. Then they went through ALL the things with the customer I just did. ARG I hate that. I was also treated like dirt by my management and fired for something so stupid its ridiculous. Ive had friends on AT&T who say they are treated like dirt on the phone as well as when we go camping they lose signal 20 miles prior to when I do. Lots of dead spots here on that network.
    Verizon on the other hand. They treat me like gold even before I worked for the company. My manager appriciates me as well as our CCM's. I feel like I WANT to do a good job. Which is a plus for my customers.
    Ive gone on a little more than I'd like. But based JUST on customer service. Verizon is the BEST!
    08-15-09 12:41 PM
    Heather,

While all carriers have their pros and cons just because of service and reliability do I stick with VZW. So much so, I have gone out of my way to have my division switch to VZW. The Federal accounts manager that I worked with was even able to get us better in-building coverage by having a BDA repeater installed. Now I going to date myself by saying I have had VZW when it was called Airtouch in Los Angeles. I did spend a few years away, but I'm glad to be back and have been back for three years now.
    08-15-09 01:19 PM
    I pay $100 for two BBs with data 1400min...With Friends and Family....dont even need the 1400 min...but the cost benefit works better.
    Could you please elaborate on how this is possible? My bill is about 170 for the same setup + insurance. And I have a 20 % corp discount. Thanks.

I chose VZW because of their coverage and the amount of ppl in the network. Way better than T-Mobile or Sprint.

08-16-09 07:18 PM
    Hello, Verizon world. I'm a current iPhone user,on AT&T.I've been in crackberry rehab while with AT&T. But I'm ready to relapse,(Storm 2). AT&T service sucks!!!! And I'm fed up,paying $164 a month for horrible 3g (fastest 3g yeah right) and bad customer service. Never used verizon before,and just wanted to know in your opinion what makes them your choice of providers?? Also I hear alot about them crippling devices. Thanks to all,and may god bless you,and all you hold dear to your heart.
    I live in southern NH and have used Verizon for years with hardly any problems, and my service is always as good and often better than friends with the iphone.
    08-17-09 03:24 PM
    Verizon is far and away the best carrier out there. #1 in csr svc, reception and phone variety.
    08-17-09 03:44 PM
    I dont know about phone variety! I agree with u on CS and reception though
    08-17-09 05:07 PM
    I dont know about phone variety!
    Here's what I challenge anyone reading this to do.

Using either a tabbed browser, or four separate browser windows, go to the phone sections of AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile & VZW.

Now, remove device color variations.

Look at the remaining choices. Write each one down, if you'd like. Separate them into categories - Smartphones, Advanced Devices (enV/Glyde), Media (Juke) & Regular.

Now look at the selection in an overall objective manner & not one based on your subjective opinion of devices you'd like to have. In other words, AT&T doesn't get a "+" for Bold, while VZW gets a "-" for Storm. You should look at it as VZW has Tour/Storm/Pearl Flip while T-Mobile has Pearl Flip/8900 & AT&T has Bold/Pearl Flip/8900. In this case, AT&T & VZW would win as each has three BlackBerrys under a year old, compared with T-Mobile's two.

Once you're done, I guarantee you will see it is a lot closer than some pundits, sites & reviewers might have you think. Some of these people look at devices that can be used on a network - this is an area that AT&T currently has an advantage, as I can take GSM phones from nearly anywhere, drop in a SIM card & off I go. While this means I can have a Nokia N97 on AT&T, it doesn't count as part of AT&T's selection - last time I heard, AT&T isn't carrying the N97 - but some opinions will count it as "selection" on AT&T or T-Mobile.

Go ahead - take a look.

08-17-09 10:53 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD