I'm having issues with one of my tours not getting a signal, out of nowhere it dropped to 1 bar (was always 5 as is my other) znd can't make calls without lossing signal.

I have been through 3-4 storms and maybe 3 tours between my wife and I both having BB's, every time there was something wrong with the phone verizon always shipped me another and I sent back my broken one in that box. This time this guy tell me since it's after 90 days I have to contact rim myself or since I don't have insurance I could pay $50 for a refurb HUH??

Also he was trying to trouble shoot and had me do the *228, option 2 then he said power the phone down then pull the battery and NEVER to pull the battery on a blackberry because you will lose all your info on the phone.

I'm on hold now with someone else..
    02-09-10 06:48 PM
    I'm having issues with one of my tours not getting a signal, out of nowhere it dropped to 1 bar (was always 5 as is my other) znd can't make calls without lossing signal.

I have been through 3-4 storms and maybe 3 tours between my wife and I both having BB's, every time there was something wrong with the phone verizon always shipped me another and I sent back my broken one in that box. This time this guy tell me since it's after 90 days I have to contact rim myself or since I don't have insurance I could pay $50 for a refurb HUH??

Also he was trying to trouble shoot and had me do the *228, option 2 then he said power the phone down then pull the battery and NEVER to pull the battery on a blackberry because you will lose all your info on the phone.

I'm on hold now with someone else..

If that stuff was said to you, you obviously talked to someone who didnt know what they were talking about. It happens. No need for another thread which will turn into a VZW bash.
    02-09-10 06:51 PM
    If you have had the devices for less than a year then they are still under warranty. Insurance only applies if you broke it or if its been over a year since the purchase date.
    02-09-10 07:40 PM
    That "pulling battery kills data" was only true on old palms that ran on AAAs...and possibly the Pre. That's why battery pulling *USED* to mean Hard Reset. (This has been another useless fact.)
    02-10-10 03:28 PM
    If you have TEC warranty is 2 years an unless you have real damage to the phone it's handled through Verizon.
    02-10-10 04:21 PM
    He must b one of the guys who slept in a holiday inn express last night

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 09:16 PM
    why not have another vzw bashing thread
    02-10-10 09:18 PM
    dunno why not?
    02-11-10 01:49 PM
    dunno why not?
    Yeah why not, lets get all of the trolls together again. Kinda like a Dbag reunion.
    02-11-10 04:11 PM
    Yeah why not, lets get all of the trolls together again. Kinda like a Dbag reunion.
    sounds fun
    02-11-10 04:16 PM
    All I have to say is wtf was that guy smoking when he told you that? Must have been his first day or his last day.

02-11-10 07:51 PM
    d bag reunion!!!!!!! bwaahaahaaaaa stupid d bags!!!!

02-12-10 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD