I hear people talk about unlocking there BB, i was wondering what does it mean when you unlock it? How do you unlock it? Thanks in advance.
    04-19-08 05:37 PM
    Meaning making a berry from one network available to use on another network

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 05:39 PM
    Say you buy a phone from AT&T and you want to use it on T-Mobile.You will need the subsidy lock code, this will allow you to use a phone from one carrier on another carrier's network.

There are website's you can google and usually pay a small fee for the unlock code for your particular phone. I don't remember which website I used awhile ago when AT&T came out with the curve I went online, paid $10 and instantly got the unlock code and could use that phone on my T-Mobile account.
    04-19-08 05:39 PM
    The best way is to find a friend on a the network the phone is on and have them request the unlock code. That is the free way!
    04-19-08 07:59 PM
    and also a unlocked phone u can get a little more $$ when u sale it
    04-19-08 08:24 PM
    if i use at&T how do i ask them for an unlock code? do i email them or call their customer service and what do i tell them if i ask them why? im new to using my blackberry only had it a couple months
    04-21-08 03:31 PM
    For AT&T BlackBerry it's really easy to get the unlock code. Their online account service, where you can pay your bill and check your usage, there's a section under Phone/Device called PUK Code - Unblock SIM Card. The code can be found there buy just following the link. (I actually just did that, no need to send in a request or anything.)
    04-21-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD