Basically what happened is my Blackberry got stolen, I was pickpocketed at my school and the office has a bad knack of giving phones in the lost and found to the wrong people. I checked there and it was no where to be found, now I've hit a dilemma because I will now have to go to Telus to get a new phone. My Pearl was a good phone minus the application memory (huge problem I found) But anyways, I have two years left with my first year hitting in a couple weeks (although I had two years under my belt when I got my BB last year)

Now the phone costs for no contract are huge, especially for smartphones with the cheapest being $300. But I'm willing to pay no-contract price, to get a new phone and not extend my contract (want to go to Rogers after for easy phone switching with SIM cards) Now is there any cheaper solution to this dilemma?
    12-03-09 09:09 PM
    Talk to customer care. They will give you a 8330 curve for $250 without extending your contract. Maybe less if your lucky. I say this because this is what they offered me a few days ago. They are trying to get rid of their stock I suppose. Another option is craigslist. get something for dirt cheap and use it until you have a hardware upgrade coming from Telus.
    12-03-09 11:15 PM
    Try ebay or Kijiji and buy a pearl or curve plan free
    12-04-09 09:42 AM
    (want to go to Rogers after for easy phone switching with SIM cards)
    Telus does that now!
    12-04-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD