I am looking to switch over to vzw equipment and give up my alltel 8330 and plans. My question has to do with a discount that is applied to my account for my place of employment.

We qualify for a 19% discount on plans. I have been in two different stores and also called CS and have gotten 3 different answers.

First guy at vzw corp store says with my company I would get 19% off total bill. This sounds too good to be true.

Second guy tells me that I get 19% off primary line and then additional 20% off of both $29.99 charges for adding the 2 data packs for BB. He also claims that I should get 20% off text bundles because they are technically data features also.

CS rep says not sure to any of this and says it will take me sending an email from my work account to even begin looking up discounts and that this will take atleast 7 days.

Anyone know for certain?

I am on a tight budget these days and I really need to know all the numbers before I give up my current bill.

The thing that is prompting this possible switch is due to the horrible service myself and my wife have been receiving with our current alltel equip. CS and the stores claim this is the best solution if I need better service quick.

Thanks in advance!
    08-02-09 08:15 PM
    Your corporate discount most definitely comes off of the primary line of service. Only the/a data plan on the primary line of service would be discounted.
    08-02-09 08:28 PM
    If you go to the verizon wireless website and put in your work email address you should get a reply somewhat quickly, that's been my experience. Click the link and it should tell you what discounts you'll get. Otherwise you'll have to get a copy of the agreement from your company I would imagine.
    08-02-09 08:34 PM
    I agree, you need to find out what the details of the arrangement between your work and the company is.
    08-02-09 08:58 PM
    Seconded.

I get 15% off my primary line, and 20% off my blackberry data plan.
    but no discount for the 2nd line, text packages, mobile broadband, etc.

I switched to the 'select' plan, only way to get the texts discounted.
    08-02-09 09:25 PM
    Bluerskys is correct. Discount off the calling plan for any line that is $34.99 or higher which would exclude secondary lines on a family share plan. Data discount off of any data feature that is $29.99 or higher on any line and does include BB and PDA data packages, as well as the mobile broadband connect (tethering) features that are $30 or higher.
    Last edited by JDnLou; 08-02-09 at 10:44 PM.
    08-02-09 10:40 PM
    As someone else stated, it all depends on the contract your company has with Verizon. The people giving answers are mostly what they personally get but it isn't for everyone.

I have a primary voice plan discount (can't remember the exact term but the discount off the main voice plan). And I also have a feature discount which gives a discount off data and text plans on all lines.

Not everyone gets the feature discount off secondary lines on a family plan. My company obviously has it in its contract that its employees do.

So try the email thing or find the contract your company has with verizon. Everyone is different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:45 PM
    As someone else stated, it all depends on the contract your company has with Verizon. The people giving answers are mostly what they personally get but it isn't for everyone.

I have a primary voice plan discount (can't remember the exact term but the discount off the main voice plan). And I also have a feature discount which gives a discount off data and text plans on all lines.

Not everyone gets the feature discount off secondary lines on a family plan. My company obviously has it in its contract that its employees do.

So try the email thing or find the contract your company has with verizon. Everyone is different.

If one line gets the data discount, then they all get it. There is no stipulation that only the primary line qualifies for a data discount in any Major Account Agreement.

The Major Account Agreement is a standard document/agreement within VZW. The only thing that varies from account to account is line attainment and the actual percentage off of service. There is no stipulation in the document that effectively says "this secondary line gets the data discount, but this one doesn't"

Also, I have helped probably several hundred people get their employer discounts in the years that I have worked for VZW and I have never seen anyone get a data discount for a add-on text package.
    08-02-09 11:05 PM
    @JDnLou - are there ever discounts for tethering, or mobile broadband?

edited to add - when I've done the 'change plan' function, neither shows up with a discount on the projected changes. (note: currently have the 59.99 mobile broadband, considered switching to tethering)
    08-02-09 11:57 PM
    @JDnLou - are there ever discounts for tethering, or mobile broadband?

edited to add - when I've done the 'change plan' function, neither shows up with a discount on the projected changes. (note: currently have the 59.99 mobile broadband, considered switching to tethering)
    There are discounts for tethering for the $30 and $49.99 plans. Not the $15 plan since the data discounts require a minimum of $29.99 per month to qualify.

There are discounts for the $59.99 mobile broadband plan (aircard) for business accounts only. Consumer accounts do not qualify for the discount off the aircard service.
    08-03-09 12:06 AM
    If one line gets the data discount, then they all get it.
    They absoloutley do not. The data discount is only on the primary line.
    08-03-09 06:16 AM
    They absoloutley do not. The data discount is only on the primary line.
    Believe what you will. It's my job and I've seen the discounts.
    08-03-09 08:14 AM
    Oh a challenge?
    08-03-09 08:39 AM
    Oh a challenge?
    You are ridiculous. You NEVER post anything worth posting yet you up your post count. You only had like 240 posts thursday....

Anyways.... @ Wireless Vet, it is a per contract basis. If you want to speak in PMs i can point you in the direction of 2 ECPD profiles, 1 where the cust only gets the data discount on the primary and 1 where the primary and 3 secondary lines get get discount. Ive always thought the same that you did up until i was recently corrected and shown the proof.
    08-03-09 08:48 AM
    Oh a challenge?
    Nah, not a challenge. I am secure in the fact that I am correct and I don't need or want to spend the time convincing someone that I am correct.

If Wireless Vet wants to believe otherwise, then I have no problem with that....it's not like it is a matter of up most importance.
    08-03-09 08:48 AM
    So from Thursday with 240... I went up like 300 over the weekend in which I am not at work therfore not posting. Thanks for keeping count for me though... good to know you still haven't found anything worth sh*t to do with your time.
    08-03-09 12:34 PM
    JDnLou is correct on this one.

True after reading through the post and checking some policies through infomanager he is right.
    08-03-09 02:20 PM
    He is partially correct. Like i said, i personally have dealt with this now where a person will have multiple BBs on a Family plan and the 20% data discount only applies to the primary line.
    08-03-09 03:32 PM
    IT'S MY JOB TOO, I DEAL WITH BUSINESS ACCOUNTS EVERY DAY......you do not get data discounts on secondary lines on family share plans, PERIOD.
    08-03-09 05:44 PM
    So from Thursday with 240... I went up like 300 over the weekend in which I am not at work therfore not posting. Thanks for keeping count for me though... good to know you still haven't found anything worth sh*t to do with your time.
    you can post at work at VZW? I can't on my computer. I can read crackberry, can't post though. They frown upon my using my blackberry or other devices when I am supposed to be helping customers. And I am quite confident your attitude towards fellow employees is not in line with the code of conduct. Don't make the company I work for look bad because you have an issue acting like an adult.

Any corporate discount I have ever seen applies to the primary line only. I have seen billing system errors where discounts were applied to secondary lines and this was definitely a system error and not normal. Recently there were a load of customers contacted after a system audit found discounts on secondary lines that were not supposed to be there. the discounts were removed. Hope this helps clear this up.
    08-03-09 06:58 PM
    Can't we all just hold hands and sing kumbaya?

08-03-09 07:28 PM
    Can't we all just hold hands and sing kumbaya?

I'm game. Is there beer involved and are you buying?
    08-03-09 08:05 PM
    IT'S MY JOB TOO, I DEAL WITH BUSINESS ACCOUNTS EVERY DAY......you do not get data discounts on secondary lines on family share plans, PERIOD.
    Nope, still wrong. I verified this with a friend of mine. She works for Macys (Federated Dept Stores) and her son is a secondary line on her account with a blackberry. We checked the bill and he gets a $6.00/month data discount.
    Last edited by JDnLou; 08-04-09 at 06:13 AM.
    08-03-09 08:22 PM
    Thanks for the help.
    08-03-09 10:34 PM
    Nope, still wrong. I verified this with a friend of mine. She works for Macys (Federated Dept Stores) and her son is a secondary line on her account with an blackberry. We checked the bill and he gets a $6.00/month data discount.
    same here. wife's (secondary) line gets the 20% discount on the $29.99 bb plan.

on a separate/related note:
    When I run through the "change plan" function on the website, it doesn't show the tethering option ($30) as having a discount though.. (it does show the discount on all the other eligible plans/changes)
    08-03-09 11:00 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD