I went to AT&T after work with the plan on buying a PP. After holding both I'm not sure which to go with, if either. I love the PP but I also like the ease of one hand use my Q10 has. The classic is nice but I don't need the toolbelt; it would mostly be a purchase for the software which will probably never get pushed to my Sprint model. Now I'm not sure what to do. Is getting used to not having symbols/numbers on the PP keys hard to get used to?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:10 PM
    At least you had the option to see both...the majority here have only seen the Classic at the stores.
    02-20-15 06:01 PM
    The keyboard on the passport is simple to get used to. After a few days I was good to go

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 06:45 PM
    I looked only at the passport in my store because the classic was not charged or plugged in, anyway the passport is a truly well crafted device, the screen and os is amazing and stands out soo much over the other phones, I played with the keyboard and for my experience it would be so difficult to return to keys coming from a z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:26 PM
    I went after work to one of the larger AT&T stores in my area, saw nothing. When I asked where the BlackBerrys were he pointed to another associate who pulled a classic out of his pocket. I asked where they were displayed and was told they aren't, not all stores have displays he said. I cant believe how pissed I became. I had to walk out. Same old iatt+t. I"m up for a upgrade, wanted the Passport. Gotta calm down and try somewhere else.
    02-20-15 08:29 PM
    I saw both in the at&t store both are nice went with the classic because it feels nice in my hand will wait for the next passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:39 PM
    Nothing compares to the Passport when it comes to physical keyboard unless you demand one handed use. The keyboard offers all the Classic features, but more importantly the touch capacities that allow for scrolling is unprecedented and incredibly useful.

Posted via my amazing BlackBerry Passport
    02-25-15 12:19 AM
    Nothing compares to the Passport when it comes to physical keyboard unless you demand one handed use. The keyboard offers all the Classic features, but more importantly the touch capacities that allow for scrolling is unprecedented and incredibly useful.

Can you type with one thumb on the Passport or is it too wide?

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    02-25-15 12:24 AM
    Id go for PP then Classic then Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:37 AM
    There's no reason why you can't get 10.3.1 on your Q10. Take a look at the guides on CB. Classic is a side grade 0.5 of an upgrade while Passport is a 2.0 of an upgrade. And the At&T passport is loaded with 10.3.1 which is nice.

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    02-25-15 12:37 AM
    It's quite an easy decision realy...

If you are not adamant about one handed use, u have no choice but to ppaasssppoorrttt, cuz it's better at everything else, if portability is an issue, classic is the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 12:43 AM

Sort of. Yes, but still need other hand to balance the phone. You can probably launch shortcuts or use speed dials one handed depending on your hand size. I think we just need to face facts. This is a two handed phone but all the perks make up for it. It's a beast!

howards likes this.
    02-25-15 01:28 AM
    If you don't need the tool belt, you don't need the classic. Stay with the Q10 or get a passport. The classic is basically a BES migration assistant for bold users.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 07:01 AM

Depends how big your hands are. I have really long fingers and it's a stretch for me to type one handed.
    howards likes this.
    02-27-15 01:08 PM
    When in doubt, buy both.

-my motto

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 02:20 PM
    I'm only here so I don't get fined.

02-27-15 03:59 PM
    Don't worry any more, just listen to my story. This is my first BlackBerry device. I was an iphone person. I never saw the passport before ordering it from BlackBerry website. When the phone arrived, I wasn't 100% satistified, so I initially decided to return. It looked too bulky in my hands as I am used to typing with one hand. But guess what, combining a physical and virtual keyboard is the best design ever. I got used to it in less than a week and I can't see myself going back to 100% virtual. I use it for my Writting assignments and it is really fun. I will recommend the passport.

Posted via my powerful #passport.
    03-01-15 09:21 PM
    I got to see and handle both the Passport and Classic at my local store a few days ago and left with the Classic. I agree with those who have already chimed in about portability, one-handed use, and the toolbelt. If those three things are not a big deal to you, you'd probably be happy with the Passport. The thing is beautiful but the size is too cumbersome for me. I'm of the camp that insists on a toolbelt and one-handed use, so I went with the Classic. I have no problems using it for documents either. Good luck deciding. Can't go wrong either way.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:22 PM
    I'm in the same boat as most of you, I looked at both devices but just can't decide.. the Passport just seems HUGE in comparison to my Q10 and I don't know if I need all of the screen space, etc. The classic is just that.. it feels classic, the trackpad felt amazing in my hand.

I can't decide what to do.. on one hand I don't need a new device right now.. but I really want to get one of the two.
    03-04-15 11:05 AM
    I also came from Q10 and looked at both and went with the Passport. It is an awesome phone. With-in a few days I got use to the size. The screen is unbelievable. Browser is faster then any previous phone I have had.
    For email and messaging there is not a better phone.

Fits fine in my front pocket.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:24 AM
    I guess it's one of those things you just need to use it a few days to see how it is.. someone needs to invite a service where I can rent a phone/misc electronics before I purchase to make sure they are a fit.. I saw one for Fitbit like devices awhile back.. but I just want a week to try the passport before I make the commitment of switching from my current carrier.
    03-04-15 11:36 AM