Hi!

I currently have a case opened at Blackberry and Vodafone UK so I can be able to unlock the phone, paying whatever it is. The weirdest thing that ever happened to me with a phone has happened with this Passport.

When I got the device I contacted an unofficial unlocker, payed 30$ and gave it my IMEI. The answer was: "the IMEI is not in the database" I of course got the refund. I try it directly with Vodafone UK, put 20 pounds on the sim card so they can charge the unlocking fee, and the answer is "the IMEI provided doesn't seem to be with us". Ok, then I concact blackberry through twitter, really scared and explain the situation. They ask for my PIN number, give them the PIN number in settings>about>hardware and tell me it's not a correct PIN!!

I am awefully scared since I paied quite a lot for this device. It's not avaliable where I live (Spain) so I had no other choice than buy it abroad.

Does someone ever had a similar issue? Or does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you!
    Last edited by roivila; 12-10-14 at 06:22 AM.
    12-10-14 01:43 AM
    That phone is worth a lot of money!!! If an IMEI Number is not in a data base then the phone is untraceable!!! Wanna sell it. Lol

Chris. London UK
    01-01-15 01:39 PM
    Sometimes the phone needs to be activated on the original carrier for the IMEI# to be updated in the database.

That is the case with some Canadian BB's, so it may work for you too.

Best of Luck!

Happy New Year!
    01-02-15 02:09 PM