Okay, so lately, I'm getting these weird texts...it's from +10476000000 which makes me think it's not from a real person...the messages always say something like: n:m=1=6

I have unlimited texts so I'm not too worried but I'm still wondering what's up...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 12:41 PM
    this is what shows up doing a search with the phone number which came straight from the T-Mobile forums at Unwanted text messages from +10476000000 - T-Mobile Community

Unwanted text messages from +10476000000
    [ Edited ]
    Options

* Mark as New
    * Bookmark
    * Subscribe
    * Subscribe to RSS Feed
    * Highlight
    * Print
    * Email to a Friend
    * Report Inappropriate Content

01-22-2009 01:05 PM - last edited on 01-22-2009 01:07 PM

If you are receiving unwanted text messages from the specific number +10476000000 please read this and follow these steps.

T-Mobile has several kinds of email systems. The email system used depends on what kind of phone you have. The strange messages you are receiving means you have email setup on one specific T-Mobile email system known to T-Mobile reps as "consumer email", but your sim card is no longer in a phone that supports "consumer email".

The quickest way to resolve this is to put your sim card back into your old phone. Remove your email account from the old phone. Once your email account is removed, the consumer email system will stop sending those messages to you. You can put your sim card back into your new phone.

If you no longer have access to the phone with consumer email (Samsung Blast, Motorola W490, Nokia 6263, Samsung Behold, and several others), please contact us. A T-Mobile representative can remove your consumer email account directly from the network.
    Message Edited by Dominic on 01-22-2009 02:07 PM

Dominic
    Moderator, T-Mobile Forums
    12-21-09 01:56 PM
    Oh gosh...thanks so much! That makes sense actually...

My SIM crapped out on me and I got a prepaid phone for ~20 bucks to get a new SIM (no T-Mobile store within 80 miles) so I guess that's where this is from.
    12-21-09 04:31 PM
    success. i love crackberry forums and the smart people who are on them. so much help!
    12-21-09 04:32 PM
    neeeeeeeeever do that. the only time you should be using a prepaid SIM is if you have a prepaid phone, or you are using an unlocked phone in a different country. the cards are not the same; physically they look it, but technically they are not. They have different functions / services, etc. built into them - think of them as thumbprints or snowflakes.
    12-22-09 10:33 AM
    Actually, I believe they are the same. I had been playing around with the prepaid phone and the SIM and that's how this happened. I posted a thread not too long ago on them being the same cards and NorrisCell agreed with me.

Anyway, I called T-Mobile and they got the "consumer email" feature removed and I haven't had any problems thus far. Works great.
    12-22-09 11:02 AM
    I had been playing around with the prepaid phone and the SIM and that's how this happened.
    LOL. By any chance is this "prepaid phone" a Christmas present for anyone we know here in California?
    12-22-09 01:17 PM
    LOL. By any chance is this "prepaid phone" a Christmas present for anyone we know here in California?
    Maaybe.

Haha actually no. I just bought the prepaid phone to get the SIM for myself since the other broke and there's no Tmo store near my college.

He got the prepaid phone last month. Needless to say, he's switching. YaY!

12-22-09 01:22 PM
    Needless to say, he's switching. YaY!
    Congratulations. I know it was a lot of work getting that done!
    12-22-09 01:38 PM
    Yeah, took a lot of work, but it was worth it.

T-Mobile offered him the EM plan for him and his sister with unlimited everything, and he'd get the new Bold for 149. AT&T could never beat it.

12-22-09 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD