I travel often to the US with my Z10 STL100-2. Last time I tried to purchase a prepaid data plan and was told that att will not support data on BlackBerry with some bull**** explanation about incompatibility with BIS, which of course is irrelevant for bb10. Reluctantly I purchased a $25 no data plan. Just in case, I logged into my att account and lo and behold, there was an option to add $5 data. For a lark, I tried, and it worked!
    However the service was not cheap. Definitely more expensive than the rate on the prepaid data plan. The next trip, I went to the same NYC att store (in Union Square by the bookstore) and asked for a prepaid data plan again. Again, the polite rep explained that att cannot support data on BlackBerry b/c no support for BIS, even though they will support it in regular plans.I told him of my past experience and he agreed to try at my own risk. So we inserted a $40 sim with a data plan...and what do you know, I get a no network message! the guy gives an "I told you so " shrug and says this is what always happens with BlackBerry, and that it is a problem with the company (bb) which is not up to snuff (!). Anyways he was sorta understanding and said maybe they could consider some way of compensating me. I therefore returned the next day and spoke with the manager, who was very brutal about the whole thing being my responsibility and how I should have listened to the rep etc.I was pissed but there seemed nothing I could do.I went away. Several minutes later, I get a text message from att, asking for feedback on my recent purchase. Naturally I gave them 1 out of 10, and got some agitated machine responses which finally asked what the problem was. I wrote that I realized that att is maliciously blocking BlackBerry users like myself from using prepaid data plans and that I find this behavior unconstitutional and that I plan to take recourse . Then comes the punchline: precisely one hour and 20 minutes later, I discovered that my data connection works!
    I was wondering whether anyone else has had similar experiences and whether there might be room for a class action suit against att for denial of service.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 06:08 PM
    Wow, that's crazy man...
    06-29-14 06:16 PM
    I can't even fathom what the heck happened there because I've had 4 blackberry phones with ATT and the most recent my BB10 and just swapped my BIS plan to 4G/LTE and had no issues what so ever.

I mean clearly they gave you a load of bull.
    06-29-14 07:49 PM
    Are you sure you are using a prepaid card? They have no problem with regular data plans. They specifically stated the "problem " relates to prepaid cards.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:09 PM