stick it in our pocket and the seal could be compromised? are you kidding me? yeah i wouldn't listen to that **** from new vzw rep. ill talk to as many supervisors as i have to utnil i get a new phone if its actually a problem to the phone that i didn't create.

but to the op theres no way to get it for free unless your grimey.
    That you didnt create? If you drop your phone one time you can damage it without even knowing it. Why dont consumers take responsibility when it comes to their phones? If you drop your TV and the screen gets messed up, you wont be going to Best Buy to try to get a new one for free correct? Why are phones any different?
    12-11-09 02:54 PM
    That you didnt create? If you drop your phone one time you can damage it without even knowing it. Why dont consumers take responsibility when it comes to their phones? If you drop your TV and the screen gets messed up, you wont be going to Best Buy to try to get a new one for free correct? Why are phones any different?
    Everyone on this board has a god damn problem where they start assuming ****. He was talking about keeping it in his pocket. Where the h3ll is a person supposed to keep a phone other than the pocket? If a seal is compromised by just keeping the phone in the pocket, then its the effing company's cheap quality responsible for it. Dust is NOT supposed to be under the screen for whatever reasons. If someone drops it, thats his fault but people who keep it in their pocket - they arent doing anything wrong.
    12-11-09 02:58 PM
    stick it in our pocket and the seal could be compromised? are you kidding me? yeah i wouldn't listen to that **** from new vzw rep. ill talk to as many supervisors as i have to utnil i get a new phone if its actually a problem to the phone that i didn't create.

but to the op theres no way to get it for free unless your grimey.
    The real question would be if the dust under the screen is effecting the use of the phone, or if it just upsets you because you have dust under your screen, many corp stores have had this issue and I have seen it swing both ways. I will tell you, the more calm the customer is, the more likely it is that they will be given a replacement phone and it deemed a warranty issue. But again like Twins said, it actually isn't a defect due to the dust not effecting the use of the phone.
    12-11-09 03:52 PM
    Here at the corp store I go to, they dont hand out Multi FRU's very often. From what I have been told, there are certain criteria for a person to qualify. For one, you have to not be eligible for an upgrade, and also you have to have had LEGITIMATE problems with your device. The rep I talked to, was telling me that for this store, they would only do that if they could see the problems when people take the device in. So people couldn't say they have a problem without being able to prove it. I took pictures of my phone havin issues, and even made a video once to prove it.

I think all stores should be like that. Not just take peoples word for it, but have to have proof that there is indeed a legit problem before offering the multiple FRU.

just my 2 cents
    12-11-09 08:23 PM
    I've had 6 Storms in 4 months. Hmm....I haven't asked for a diff device....nor have I been offered. If it was so "easy" to get a multi-fru....we'll.....yeah.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-09 08:45 PM
    Folks,

I deleted 27 posts!!!! Basically the whole argument. Take it to PM folks, or play nice! You can disagree, but lets not attack each other and call names. We WERE able to disagree peacefully earlier in the thread. Ok now I'm gonna name names, SuperMario & Christine, ENOUGH! Everyone, ENOUGH! Don't force me to use the "mod stick" and issue warnings and/or bans! Remember.....

....... from our Posting Rules & Guidelines.....

Post in the Right Forum
    We’ve done our best to layout the forum categories so they are logical and make sense. When you are creating a new thread, do your best to get it in the right category. We want these forums to be value added and educational. The General CrackBerry Discussion and General RIM/BlackBerry Discussion are good places to post if you have a serious question but are not quite sure where to put it. These forums are less stringently moderated, while specific forums (BlackBerry 8700 Series for example) are more strictly moderated to maintain their quality and usefulness.

And of course, we also have the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This is the place on the site to have fun and talk about whatever. From sports to the weather to what to buy your girlfriend for her birthday (buying her a new blackberry is always a good thing), anything goes in here. Just remember to keep it clean, keep it productive and keep it legal!

Make Meaningful Posts
    While CrackBerry.com is geared as much towards entertaining and connecting the Crackberry community as it is to helping solve problems and staying on top of news and rumors, all posts made within the site should be value added and on topic to the thread (even in the free for all). Hijacking a thread off-topic is a big No-No, and posts made for no reason other than to increase post count will be wiped from the site.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.

We now return you to your regularly schedule thread already in progress!
    12-12-09 10:10 PM
    She is dead to me now, no worries.
    12-12-09 10:27 PM
    She is dead to me now, no worries.
    Lmao I'm heartbroken

12-12-09 10:34 PM
    I'm heartbroken too.
    12-12-09 10:48 PM
    Thread lock anyone?

12-13-09 02:19 AM
    The Posting Rules and Guidelines PK posted contains statements like "keep it legal" and "helping solve problems."

A certain individual gave poor advice that is not in the least bit helpful, in fact following such advice would be counter productive... And on top of that, the advice given would be considered a fraudulent...
    12-13-09 03:55 AM
    The Posting Rules and Guidelines PK posted contains statements like "keep it legal" and "helping solve problems."

A certain individual gave poor advice that is not in the least bit helpful, in fact following such advice would be counter productive... And on top of that, the advice given would be considered a fraudulent...
    I don't think anyone needs your .02

12-13-09 12:11 PM
    Keep returning it for the same defect, and they MAY give you a multiFRU, and put you in to a different device. It's an optional policy, and they are NOT required to offer it, BUT if a customer returns a phone 3 times in 90 days for the same defect (say dust under the screen, or a poor screen click) Verizon can opt to offer the customer a different device.
    Just make sure you are aware that IF you are offered and take advantage of this program it does push your upgrade date 20mo out and is something you can only do ONE time in a contract term. As well as you cant choose any device you "want" it will either be a brand new same make/model if its avail in stock or a pre-determined one or two devices on a substitution matrix.
    Its not exactly a "freebee"
    I like the option being out there but you have to get all the information.
    12-13-09 02:39 PM
    Ah, another dishonest person. Multi Fru is not the "option" to get a free phone. People are not bashing the OP, they are bashing the people that want to use a warranty policy to get them a new phone, when they can just buy it. If you have to have the latest device, BUY IT FULL RETAIL. Why is scamming appropriate?
    agreed... yet another reason we had to resort to lifting the ETF for smart phones to $350.
    harder to scam and make money this way! LOL
    12-13-09 02:43 PM
    I love how certain ppl can say that they don't want ppl's input or that they should mind their own business yet they continue to post in an open forum where anyone is allowed to read and comment.

The level of intelligence amazes me.

12-13-09 03:47 PM

I like your 2 cents. They seem pretty valuable to me....

AND WHY IS THIS THREAD STILL OPEN?!?!?!?! The only purpose it serves is a way to inform people on how to commit fraud and get away with it. This site isn't here to teach people how to commit FRAUD...
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 12-13-09 at 04:01 PM.
    12-13-09 03:56 PM
    OK, I just had this situation. The OP didn't mention if the phone had problems or not, but I did get a free upgrade to the Storm 2 without being due.

Since getting the S1 I have had to exchange it 5 times. Twice for screen issues, and 3 times for the "uncaught exception" error that caused major problems, once it was removing the SMS/Text icon and another was the caller ID not functioning properly. After I got the 5th one and it started malfunctioning again I contacted customer service. They told me I had to go to a Verizon store and it was at the manager's discretion. I nicely explained what had happened, they researched the account, then had me contact customer service. This was only because the manager needed a tech to note the account that the issue couldn't be resolved by them. Once that was done, they replaced my device with the S2.

It's the reason I stay with Verizon. Their customer service is the best I've had. With all the problems I had with the first Storm, they never gave me any problems, always replaced the device with no questions asked. So in summary, if you're looking for a FREE upgrade the only way that's going to happen is if you have a history of having to replace the device for malfunctioning.
    12-13-09 04:08 PM
    I don't think anyone needs your .02

Sorry that your two cents don't agree with mine... But if you're going to cheat the system, keep it to yourself...
    12-13-09 04:26 PM
    OK, I just had this situation. The OP didn't mention if the phone had problems or not, but I did get a free upgrade to the Storm 2 without being due.

Since getting the S1 I have had to exchange it 5 times. Twice for screen issues, and 3 times for the "uncaught exception" error that caused major problems, once it was removing the SMS/Text icon and another was the caller ID not functioning properly. After I got the 5th one and it started malfunctioning again I contacted customer service. They told me I had to go to a Verizon store and it was at the manager's discretion. I nicely explained what had happened, they researched the account, then had me contact customer service. This was only because the manager needed a tech to note the account that the issue couldn't be resolved by them. Once that was done, they replaced my device with the S2.

It's the reason I stay with Verizon. Their customer service is the best I've had. With all the problems I had with the first Storm, they never gave me any problems, always replaced the device with no questions asked. So in summary, if you're looking for a FREE upgrade the only way that's going to happen is if you have a history of having to replace the device for malfunctioning.
    This is a legitimate way of getting your phone replaced for a different device...Though still not a guarantee... If you're having real issues with your phone, and not just trying to get what you want, Verizon will usually work with you to resolve the issue... But if you're just returning phones to get what you want, you're scamming the system...
    12-13-09 04:33 PM
    Sorry that your two cents don't agree with mine... But if you're going to cheat the system, keep it to yourself...
    It amazes me that you cannot comprehend that I did not "cheat the system" I explained I had real issues with my devices.

I simply answered the OPs question with information that I know of. There are many ways to obtain said info.

Also you refer to it as fraud or scamming the system... Really? VZW puts it out there, this is America lol if an opportunity presents itself, its taken.

Last edited by OldChristine; 12-13-09 at 04:49 PM.
    12-13-09 04:45 PM
    I don't remember you actually saying you had issues with the phones, and I'm sure others will agree with me there...

Verizon puts the Multi Exchange Program out there for people who actually have issues with their phones... If you actually had issues with your phones, why not say that in your original post where you said: "Just keep returning your device and I'm sure you will get what you want!" Oh and also "FYI don't mention a multi fru to the VZW people, let them offer it." Yeah you're honest...
    12-13-09 04:52 PM
    I don't remember you actually saying you had issues with the phones, and I'm sure others will agree with me there...

Verizon puts the Multi Exchange Program out there for people who actually have issues with their phones... If you actually had issues with your phones, why not say that in your original post where you said: "Just keep returning your device and I'm sure you will get what you want!" Oh and also "FYI don't mention a multi fru to the VZW people, let them offer it." Yeah you're honest...
    I'm pretty sure that when this thread was cleaned up those posts were deleted. However, I did day it several times.

If you re-read the last post of mine, I explain that I said those things as an answer to the op on how to get a free device. I was putting what I know out there as an answer. Although I did not personally go that route, its info I'm aware of.

12-13-09 05:09 PM
    You didn't go that route?

"I have 2 lines and have "multi Fru'ed" them both! One was a Curve for a Tour the other was a Tour for Storm 2."

You make it clear to anyone who reads your posts what you were advising. Now you I'm sure you'll continue to back pedal and try to justify your statements, but I'm going to remove myself from this argument, as I'm obviously not going to change your mind, and have no need to continue to prove my point...
    12-13-09 06:44 PM
    You didn't go that route?

"I have 2 lines and have "multi Fru'ed" them both! One was a Curve for a Tour the other was a Tour for Storm 2."

You make it clear to anyone who reads your posts what you were advising. Now you I'm sure you'll continue to back pedal and try to justify your statements, but I'm going to remove myself from this argument, as I'm obviously not going to change your mind, and have no need to continue to prove my point...
    You quoted me saying I got a multi fru on both my lines.... Where did it say that I did so by making up problems or "scamming"? LMAO you are so funny! Yes, please remove yourself, as you are looking less informed every time you post.
    Last edited by OldChristine; 12-13-09 at 08:20 PM.
    12-13-09 08:08 PM
    Yes of course, you're a saint, how could we all be so wrong about you... Continue to give great advice...
    12-13-09 11:52 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD