is there any way that i can switch my storm 1 in getting a storm2 or droid for free without paying for a new one
    12-09-09 03:19 PM
    is there any way that i can switch my storm 1 in getting a storm2 or droid for free without paying for a new one
    No /thread

(But there are non-free options, sure )
    Last edited by AaronWasHere; 12-09-09 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Clarification
    12-09-09 03:21 PM
    For free???.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 03:27 PM
    yeah if you want to trade it in to get a storm 2
    12-09-09 03:29 PM
    Keep returning it for the same defect, and they MAY give you a multiFRU, and put you in to a different device. It's an optional policy, and they are NOT required to offer it, BUT if a customer returns a phone 3 times in 90 days for the same defect (say dust under the screen, or a poor screen click) Verizon can opt to offer the customer a different device.
    12-09-09 03:52 PM
    He is exactly right, I was in that situation... and got my free S2 with no additional time in my contract. Just be nice and explain your situation

Keep returning it for the same defect, and they MAY give you a multiFRU, and put you in to a different device. It's an optional policy, and they are NOT required to offer it, BUT if a customer returns a phone 3 times in 90 days for the same defect (say dust under the screen, or a poor screen click) Verizon can opt to offer the customer a different device.
    12-09-09 04:12 PM
    He is exactly right, I was in that situation... and got my free S2 with no additional time in my contract. Just be nice and explain your situation
    pkcable Keep returning it for the same defect, and they MAY give you a multiFRU, and put you in to a different device. It's an optional policy, and they are NOT required to offer it, BUT if a customer returns a phone 3 times in 90 days for the same defect (say dust under the screen, or a poor screen click) Verizon can opt to offer the customer a different device.
    So the best deal to get a free phone is to lie and scam VZW by lying that your phone is faulty.

Even people, the honest ones, do not get the phone for free. They have to pay for it, OP. Why are you different?
    12-09-09 04:36 PM
    So the best deal to get a free phone is to lie and scam VZW by lying that your phone is faulty.

Even people, the honest ones, do not get the phone for free. They have to pay for it, OP. Why are you different?
    Who said anyone lied? The only people who should be blame is RIM/verizon because they made a product that was made with gaps and collected dust that eventually effected the performance of the device...When I buy something I expect it to perform at least more than 8 months with minor problem, but having a screen that doesnt push in and I cant type on it is UNACCEPTABLE. It is not a matter of lying to anyone but getting your hard earn money worth the stuff that you spent on.
    12-09-09 05:03 PM
    Who said anyone lied? The only people who should be blame is RIM/verizon because they made a product that was made with gaps and collected dust that eventually effected the performance of the device...When I buy something I expect it to perform at least more than 8 months with minor problem, but having a screen that doesnt push in and I cant type on it is UNACCEPTABLE. It is not a matter of lying to anyone but getting your hard earn money worth the stuff that you spent on.
    The OP asked how to get a free phone; the both of you stated that you can do so by exchanging the phone until you get a new phone. So by suggesting he do this, you are encouraging the OP to make this claim, whether or not he is having an issue or not. How is that honest? Please explain.
    12-09-09 05:13 PM
    The OP asked how to get a free phone; ///// you are encouraging the OP to make this claim, whether or not he is having an issue or not. How is that honest? Please explain.
    Agreed. The OP didn't ask how to upgrade from a defective phone, he asked how to get a free one
    12-09-09 10:22 PM
    And I also agree. He never even said that his phone was having problems. There are too many threads like this out there. Why can't you just be happy with the storm1 until your upgrade comes along? It was good enough for you when you bought it and signed a new contract, right? But now that a second, improved version came along, suddenly the original isn't so pretty and flashy... Strange isn't it?? I agree that if you have to go through a bunch of replacement for ACTUAL problems then you deserve the opportunity to change over to a new phone. But it wates Verizon's and RIM's money for you to keep exchanging phones when its not necessary. I'm so sick of people expecting a free handout. Just because you bought the original doesn't mean you're entitled to the new one. In another one of these threads someone compared it to buying a car and they were totally right. If you buy a car this year, then next year they come out with a new, improved version of it, do you really expect the car dealer to let you trade in your older model for free?? NO!! Enough with these threads already! Quit looking for free handouts. If Verizon wanted you to be able to exchange your phone for free then they would've told you about it.
    12-09-09 11:02 PM
    The OP asked how to get a free phone; the both of you stated that you can do so by exchanging the phone until you get a new phone. So by suggesting he do this, you are encouraging the OP to make this claim, whether or not he is having an issue or not. How is that honest? Please explain.
    Agreed. The OP didn't ask how to upgrade from a defective phone, he asked how to get a free one
    And I also agree. He never even said that his phone was having problems. There are too many threads like this out there. Why can't you just be happy with the storm1 until your upgrade comes along? It was good enough for you when you bought it and signed a new contract, right? But now that a second, improved version came along, suddenly the original isn't so pretty and flashy... Strange isn't it?? I agree that if you have to go through a bunch of replacement for ACTUAL problems then you deserve the opportunity to change over to a new phone. But it wates Verizon's and RIM's money for you to keep exchanging phones when its not necessary. I'm so sick of people expecting a free handout. Just because you bought the original doesn't mean you're entitled to the new one. In another one of these threads someone compared it to buying a car and they were totally right. If you buy a car this year, then next year they come out with a new, improved version of it, do you really expect the car dealer to let you trade in your older model for free?? NO!! Enough with these threads already! Quit looking for free handouts. If Verizon wanted you to be able to exchange your phone for free then they would've told you about it.
    And I also agree - for all any of you fraudsters know, this guy got that Storm at launch. Now it is 13 months old, beyond warranty & no longer eligible for that mystical MultiFRU.

Or it is 6 months old & he "suddenly" starts having issues? Also out of line for any type of "lemon" policy.

Want a Droid or Storm2? Pull out that credit card & bend over instead of trying to bend over the carriers.
    12-10-09 12:08 AM
    Want a Droid or Storm2? Pull out that credit card & bend over instead of trying to bend over the carriers.
    Well said.
    +1
    12-10-09 01:07 AM
    Try being a business owner and have someone come up to you and ask you for a free item from your store.
    12-10-09 02:43 AM
    I don't think the Multi Exchange Program should ever be brought up as a possibility. Not only is it not a guarantee, but by even bringing it up, an individual may be encouraged to create issues with their phone in an attempt to scam their way into a new phone...

I agree that if someone really is having issues with several devices, they may deserve to be moved to a comparable device, but again, the OP said nothing about phone issues, just asked how to get a free Storm2 or Droid... The Multi Exchange should never have even been mentioned...
    12-10-09 06:13 AM
    tisk tisk...everyone is still lookin for a damn hand out.

work = money
    money = your new storm2 or droid!
    got it? okay good!
    12-10-09 08:18 AM
    Don't be mad when it cost $150/175 to replace your device either. This could happen easily.
    12-10-09 08:41 AM
    No.

Dust under the screen doesnt warrant an exchange. We here in the stores are very very careful and hesitant in a way to swap storms now after the release of the new phones just because 90% of the people are just making things up to try to upgrade to new phones for free. Its a joke how many people come it trying to say there are problems with their phone just because they want a new one. Suck it up people, wait 20 months.
    12-10-09 03:55 PM
    Heck they don't have to. They can upgrade any day of the week at full retail. Now that is Droid-tastic.
    12-10-09 06:17 PM
    Dust under the screen doesnt warrant an exchange.
    You mean these are designed to have dust under the screen? What is that, an 'undocumented feature'?

I think this would be a mfg defect, covered under the 1st year mfg warranty.

Let me re-phrase that, it IS a mfg defect. I don't know what you do at your store, but the corp store I took mine to had me set up with a new one (arrived the next day) for exactly this reason.
    12-10-09 06:26 PM
    tisk tisk...everyone is still lookin for a damn hand out.

work = money
    money = your new storm2 or droid!
    got it? okay good!
    true story lol

Don't be mad when it cost $150/175 to replace your device either. This could happen easily.
    I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

Heck they don't have to. They can upgrade any day of the week at full retail. Now that is Droid-tastic.
    Now there is a novel idea.
    12-10-09 07:07 PM
    You mean these are designed to have dust under the screen? What is that, an 'undocumented feature'?

I think this would be a mfg defect, covered under the 1st year mfg warranty.

Let me re-phrase that, it IS a mfg defect. I don't know what you do at your store, but the corp store I took mine to had me set up with a new one (arrived the next day) for exactly this reason.
    Nope - not a defect. Drop your BlackBerry, the seal could be compromised. Subject your BlackBerry to torsional stresses, the seal could be compromised. Leave your BlackBerry in a hot car, the seal could be compromised. Stick it in your pocket, the seal could be compromised. Rub your BlackBerry too hard when cleaning it, the seal could be compromised. Remove the battery from your BlackBerry, the seal could be compromised.

The BlackBerry chassis isn't that rigid. Nearly anything can compromise the seal. It is not a warranty item. Sorry.
    12-10-09 10:48 PM
    Nope - not a defect. Drop your BlackBerry, the seal could be compromised. Subject your BlackBerry to torsional stresses, the seal could be compromised. Leave your BlackBerry in a hot car, the seal could be compromised. Stick it in your pocket, the seal could be compromised. Rub your BlackBerry too hard when cleaning it, the seal could be compromised. Remove the battery from your BlackBerry, the seal could be compromised.

The BlackBerry chassis isn't that rigid. Nearly anything can compromise the seal. It is not a warranty item. Sorry.
    stick it in our pocket and the seal could be compromised? are you kidding me? yeah i wouldn't listen to that **** from new vzw rep. ill talk to as many supervisors as i have to utnil i get a new phone if its actually a problem to the phone that i didn't create.

but to the op theres no way to get it for free unless your grimey.
    12-11-09 12:55 AM
    I don't know why other people are bashing you OP... Its very possible to get a free device! I have 2 lines and have "multi Fru'ed" them both! One was a Curve for a Tour the other was a Tour for Storm 2. Neither time was my contract affected. Just keep returning your device and I'm sure you will get what you want!

FYI don't mention a multi fru to the VZW people, let them offer it

Last edited by OldChristine; 12-11-09 at 11:40 AM.
    12-11-09 11:38 AM
    I don't know why other people are bashing you OP... Its very possible to get a free device! I have 2 lines and have "multi Fru'ed" them both! One was a Curve for a Tour the other was a Tour for Storm 2. Neither time was my contract affected. Just keep returning your device and I'm sure you will get what you want!

FYI don't mention a multi fru to the VZW people, let them offer it

Ah, another dishonest person. Multi Fru is not the "option" to get a free phone. People are not bashing the OP, they are bashing the people that want to use a warranty policy to get them a new phone, when they can just buy it. If you have to have the latest device, BUY IT FULL RETAIL. Why is scamming appropriate?
    12-11-09 12:29 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD