If I buy a 9650 or 9930 from a private party, active it on my line on VZW, what happens if the device fails? Will VZW exchange it?
    11-08-11 02:03 PM
    You buy a 9650, I'll come over, clock you over the head with it, and test that warranty.
    11-08-11 02:46 PM
    LOL!

Here me out:

The 9650 is two+ years old.
    ALL the bugs have been worked out in that time.
    Battery life is stable and quite lengthy.
    Apps are compatible with it.
    Themes are released for it.
    It's WAY cheaper.

Also, I'm thinking, if I buy a 9930 at $295+ and something happens to it I don't think I can get a warranty exchange. Right?

So, get the 9650 and wait 6-12 months for a 9930.

Makes sense!
    11-08-11 02:52 PM
    LOL!

Here me out:

The 9650 is two+ years old.
    Exactly, with a processor it shouldn't have received in the first place.

ALL the bugs have been worked out in that time.
    Well.....if you ignore the spontaneous reboots using the camera.... mostly.

Battery life is stable and quite lengthy.
    I am not getting into another silly discussion about battery life. Buy a dang spare.

Apps are compatible with it.
    Yes and no. While there are some apps not available for OSheaven, there are also some not made for OSicks, like Wikitude.

Themes are released for it.
    Including the one I had custom made, with an entertaining timer to easy my aggravation. Sorry, images and links are unavailable. You'll just have to use your imagination.

It's WAY cheaper.
    Ummmmmm, yeah. So is a tin can and string.

Also, I'm thinking, if I buy a 9930 at $295+ and something happens to it I don't think I can get a warranty exchange. Right?
    I know with T-Mo, even without a T-Mo logo they'll exchange a defective unit. VZW might too, especially if you get one with their swoosh.

So, get the 9650 and wait 6-12 months for a 9930.

Makes sense!
    Not if you don't like cranial contusions.

heeheehee
    11-08-11 03:05 PM
    Actually, I don't like using themes.
    Coming from an HTC Thunderbolt ANY phone will have better battery.
    I don't use a lot of apps, but I love the few I have. Not sure if they're compatible with OS7 yet.

Still the warranty issues holds me back. So does the cost. I told myself I'd never spend $250 on a phone again after my Bolt.

Maybe I will not get the 9650. I am getting a laptop for school in Jan. I may wait til a few months after that and use my other lines upgrade to get the 9930.

Better plan?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-08-11 03:11 PM
    :::: pats Chrisy on the back, buys her a cookie ::::
    11-08-11 03:25 PM
    Buy me a 9650 instead.
    11-08-11 03:27 PM
    Tell ya what. If and when I get my 9930, maybe we can work out a loaner program. This ones less than a month old.

:::: envisions the 9650 quickly returning ::::
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-08-11 03:39 PM
    You have a 9650 and you dissed it! It's gonna brick on you now for sure.
    11-08-11 03:44 PM
    LoL! It already has. They always work better after you show them who's boss.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-08-11 03:54 PM
    I loved my 9650! Had minimal problems with it, and you should be able to find one cheap although not as cheap as you are thinking.
    11-09-11 12:53 PM
    If I buy a 9650 or 9930 from a private party, active it on my line on VZW, what happens if the device fails? Will VZW exchange it?
    No.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Chrisy likes this.
    11-09-11 01:42 PM
    No.

Thanks! This makes my decision alot easier!
    11-09-11 05:23 PM
    That's why I only get devices from Verizon or Asurion now unless it is a great deal.

Chrisy likes this.
    11-09-11 07:51 PM
    Yup. Soon as the phone drops off the orignal activate line, the warranty goes poof!

9650 Chrisy? Really? Why don't you try a GSM device, Torch 2?
    11-09-11 07:57 PM
    I have Verizon.
    11-09-11 07:59 PM
    well ya i know that. lol

But if your moving to BB again. Tired of TB already? Why not try something more touch...

Just throwing options out there.

Or heck go old school and pick up a 8330! Ya buddy!!!
    11-09-11 08:01 PM
    8330s are like $20 bucks now. Lol. No, I still like my Bolt a lot. It's been hassle free, great browser. I wouldn't go to a touch screen BB. I like the BB keyboard. For touch screen id stay Android or go iPhone.

One reason is that since I'm getting a laptop (finally) for school, I don't need to use my phone so much for web browsing.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-09-11 at 08:05 PM.
    11-09-11 08:03 PM
    Well then pick one up. But I would not spend more then $60 on a 9650 IMO.

The 9930 rocks and is worth it for me, but still not sure if you really want to switch. maybe testing waters a bit?
    11-09-11 08:07 PM
    Yeah, I won't pay over $75 for a 9650. It's a two year old device. I'm not in a rush to switch back since my Bolt is working fine for me.

Eventually, I'll get the 9930. When I price drops a lot and it has had another OS update or two.

But I'll finally be able to make device backups, and reload the OS!
    11-09-11 08:09 PM
    Yeah, I won't pay over $75 for a 9650. It's a two year old device. I'm not in a rush to switch back since my Bolt is working fine for me.

Eventually, I'll get the 9930. When I price drops a lot and it has had another OS update or two.

But I'll finally be able to make device backups, and reload the OS!
    *sniff sniff*

She's growing up so fast!

Seriously though, it always impressed me that you modded with your Tour. Can't imagine having one, and not having a PC to work on it from.

When I first received my 9650, coming from a 9700, I expected the memory to make up for the processor speed. I wish I could say it did. Compared to your Tour I'm sure it will be a decent step up. I really will loan it to you when I replace it. I sincerely doubt it will be an aid in your return to the Rimpire though.
    11-10-11 10:01 AM
    I used the Bolt browser on my 9630 and it was a fairly decent browser! I used auto text alot too so that made modding easier.

When my Your bricked, I had to go to the library and use the timed computers! It freaked me out. Did that twice. I made backups there too, and kept the backup on my memory card.

I'm gonna hang in with my Thunderbolt for now. I haven't seen any 9650s for sale recently.

A laptop screen is gonna look HUGE to me!
    11-10-11 11:15 AM
    Bolt's my favorite fall-back browser. Can't imagine doing much without tabbed browsing in native. You operated under a handicap I never experienced. Autotext is the only way to fly!

I stopped using my PC for the web years ago, till recently, but I did have it. Sweating it in the library doesn't sound like fun at all. Couldn't be a hybrid junky like me.

You are gonna be soooooooooo spoiled.
    11-10-11 11:40 AM
    What happend to the FS 9650 thead in the Marketplace, BBW? The guy was selling an 8330 too. I was watching it. Did it get deleted?
    11-11-11 06:17 PM
    What happend to the FS 9650 thead in the Marketplace, BBW? The guy was selling an 8330 too. I was watching it. Did it get deleted?
    No picy, no laundry.
    11-11-11 09:17 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD