My wife and I both have 8130's and we both are having problems with them. One has a track ball issues and the other has sync issues but both are still inside the 1yr warranty period. We could of course go to a store and switch these two for two new 8130's but we would LOVE to have Curves in return.. Can this somehow be accomplished??

Any useful information would be helpful!!
    09-17-08 03:19 PM
    If you are past the initial 30 day "trial" period, you will get a replacement of the same phone. If you continue having problems with your phones, you may have to do up to 3 warranty exchanges for the same phone before any additional steps will be taken. See my post in this forum...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f72/hel...go-help-72615/
    09-17-08 03:36 PM
    I read a post by (cptbimes) where he was able to get two curves by just paying the difference... hoping this might be an option.
    09-17-08 03:45 PM
    There may have been different issues in his case, i am not sure. if you could reference his post (what forum, thread, etc) i could look at it.
    I am just stating the general policy of alltel as i have dealt with them. If you have a "defect" in the phone that can be resolved by replacing it, that is what they will do. However if the "defect" is not resolved by replacing it with like kind, they do have alternatives. i do believe that defective software/defective trackball is an issue that can be easily remedied by replacing the unit.
    Much of this also depends on the rapport you have with your CSR/TS persons, your approach, length of service, and prior history with exchanges.
    09-17-08 04:07 PM
    It was in this thead, in page 3. "Need opinions on switching BB's" is the title.
    09-17-08 04:10 PM
    I found the the thread you were referencing.
    Several things jump out at me. First: 2 phones with the same exact problem. Second: Good rapport with Sales Rep. Third: Willingness to terminate service and pay ETF.

Each situation is different. You haven't stated how long you have had the phones, how long you have had service with alltel.
    As i stated before, there are alot of things that go into getting what you want. You had a 30 day trial period in which to decide if you wanted the pearl (that you have) or exchange for the curve (that you now want).
    I don't know if you would be able to accomplish what you are wanting for the reasons you are wanting it. In other words, getting a curve because the trackball isn't working, when the curve also has a trackball that might stop working, isn't really changing anything. In all actuality, why would alltel upgrade you to a phone that could cause you the same problem?
    09-17-08 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD