I've heard many times (and I believe I've done it before when upgrading from a razr to a krzr) that after turning in a phone 3 times for a warranty, you are upgraded, or given some sort of alternative phone. I'm almost positive i've done this before when my razr kept breaking, but I can't remember exactly.

Anyway, I've turned in my storm what is about to be 4 times, I talked with someone the other day who claimed to have complained enough about his storm and was offered a tour. Is there anyway I can turn my storm in and get offered some blackberry thats not touch screen? The storm is starting to **** me off, I've had it for a while now and the small problems are not getting any less annoying.

Thanks!
    04-12-10 04:29 PM
    This policy was retired about 2 months ago.
    04-12-10 04:34 PM
    And this is probably the 22nd thread on the subject.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 04:53 PM
    The policy is no longer active unless you complain enough and then they will extend your contract 20 months. VERIZON will work with you as long as the issue seem to Keeps happening.

04-12-10 05:03 PM
    The policy is no longer active unless you complain enough and then they will extend your contract 20 months. VERIZON will work with you as long as the issue seem to Keeps happening.

Complaining will not work anymore either. If your device is under warr. you get another CLNR device. If it is no longer avail, there is subsitution matrix that can be used ( this means you may or may not have a choice of device). If you are out of warr you can either upgrade, if eligable or purchase a certified Pre-owned device. The pre-owned device can be done once every 12 months.

Thanks to many years of abuse of the former policies, changes were made
    04-12-10 05:14 PM
    When a high end PDA has problems multiple times i start to question if its the device....or user error. Im leaning more towards user error. I understand some storms had problems but there are a lot more people that have 0 problems with it. Thats why that policy was retired. People took advantage of a good thing and that was the end result.
    04-12-10 05:18 PM
    Rumor has it in extremely rare circumstances, on a case by case basis, you can still get a multiFRU (that's what it's called) but it has to come from the highest levels, and it has to be legit and verifiable. And did I say it's EXTREMELY rare. But I've heard it is still done.
    04-12-10 09:43 PM
    I had a bricked Tour after the OS5 update. That was my fourth Tour, the store without question gave me a certified like new replacement.
    04-12-10 09:59 PM
    And that actually wasn't necessary. You could have salvaged the device by just downgrading the phone OS to 4.7.
    04-12-10 10:17 PM
    After 7 storm 2's they gave me a different model phone... and no user error on my part. Just a combination of broken headphone jacks, loose moving screens and so on... One of my "like new replacements" still had an old scratched screen protector on it from its previous owner and the phone was dirty...
    04-13-10 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD