Hi, I bought my phone on ebay a few days ago and just received it. There's a problem with the earpiece. It's an AT&T phone but I use it on T-Mobile. Will they honor a replacement if it's within one year of purchase?
    02-20-10 03:24 AM
    They may if you have the original receipts to show proof of purchase (not the ebay receipt but the ebay sellers receipt) from AT&T and the original account is still in good standing. It would probably be marked under the original purchaser's account since you do not have an AT&T account.

Otherwise you will have to go through RIM and pay all of their fees.

If the phone isn't working when purchased, why not return it to the ebay seller?
    02-20-10 07:25 AM
    Hi, I bought my phone on ebay a few days ago and just received it. There's a problem with the earpiece. It's an AT&T phone but I use it on T-Mobile. Will they honor a replacement if it's within one year of purchase?
    Make sure you read all the sellers fine print. About 4 years ago I bought a cell phone off of Ebay. It took 35 days for me to get it(from the time I initially bought it). As soon as I recieved it, I had already purchased a phone and decided to return this one. The sellers had a 30day return policy. I had to fight with the seller to get my money back. It took another 30 days to get my money back. It was outrageous.

Good luck with your phone. Hopefully you can return it. Was it mentioned in the description of the phone that it was malfunctioning?
    02-20-10 12:31 PM
    If they have some sort of return policy, use it.
    02-20-10 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD